It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why ‘white trash’ Americans are flocking to Donald Trump - NYP

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
So the book is written by a guy who calls himself a redneck and white thrash, so he must be racist against white people, make so much sense.

The 21st century is turning into the plight of the white man lol.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

VOTE FOR TRUMP!!

If everyone votes for trump then let's see what the whites who hate whites along with those they THINK they can Identify with DO!

edit on 31-7-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

VOTE FOR TRUMP!!

If everyone votes for trump then let's see what the whites who hate whites along with those they THINK they can Identify with DO!

If everyone votes for trump how are you going to see anything ?

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: alomaha

No, I don't think that's necessarily it. Oh, don't me wrong; for some, there is an element of that, but I think by and large people are being squeezed, particularly in the middle and that squeezing happens no matter what your ethnicity is.

For example, I drive through a particular neighborhood on my way to either work or now drop my kid off at school. Over the course of the last decade, I've watched the same house in the same neighborhood. It was never a wealthy neighborhood, but you could see that the people who lived there took pride in keeping their properties up and maintained.

I've watched it slowly crumble. Either all those people moved out, or they lost the financial ability to make those small repairs that mean so much even in a poor neighborhood.

I'm betting the latter because it has happened to us. We have a large paint chip right next to our front door that needs to be repainted, and we need to find a way to repaint the house in order to fix it. That takes cash ... cash we don't have to hand and aren't likely to have to hand in the near term.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

VOTE FOR TRUMP!!

Sorry I will have to take a pass on that.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Stay in Canada

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

The word redneck is synonymous with the descriptions i provided.

Possibly worth keeping in mind that offence can only be taken, never given.

As to me being a racist or a bigot you are sadly mistaken im afraid.

Im originally from Glasgow, now if you were to call me a "weegie" i would not really care one way or another. Simply water off a ducks back to myself.

So if your insulted one has to wonder why?

Are you a racist, xenophobe or retarded?

Because if the answer is No i really cant see how i have offended you personally.
edit on 31-7-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: alomaha

sad part is trump doesn't gives a rats ass about the poorly educated. he's using them to pander to and it's sad, imo.

I know people like trump and if you're a white guy making under $100,000 he thinks you're a loser - I guarantee this!

edit on 31-7-2016 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

It's not about what he thinks. It's about what he thinks makes a properly functioning country.

If he thinks the country functions best when everyone has a job and that is best accomplished through a rapidly growing private economy that needs lots of jobs performed by people of all educational levels ... then he could think poorly educated folks are scum, but it won't matter, the jobs will be there for those people all the same and they will still prosper in his presidency.

We've had 8 years of doing it the way Hillary Clinton has already signaled that she is wanting to double down on, and it's not working out well for a lot of folks. They have every right to vote for something different.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Stay in Canada

Dammit i was thinking of moving to murika, but now you told me so lol.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Have to agree that things sure don't seem to be functioning as the should and change is indeed a requirement regarding the majority's opinion.

But to vote for a Man that considers a significant proportion of Mexicans to be murderers and rapist and thinks that building a big wall along the southern borders will somehow elevate the problem of what he considers to be illegal immigration, not to mention he also wants to ban people of the Muslim persuasion from entering into the USA seems sheer folly if you ask me.

End of the day its the two party system and its the candidates put forward for the position of POTUS that's the problem.

It's simply a matter of selecting the lesser of two evils. Problem is both candidates views regrading reality are malevolent in the extreme.
edit on 31-7-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

You are right-it is racist. Maybe the headline should be changed to 'intellectually challenged voters are flocking to Donald Trump."

My thoughts have been made clear; I'd rather have a dishonest but competent POTUS than a guy who majored in hypocrisy and failed in foreign affairs. If Trump wants to build a wall his wive(s) would have to leave the country.

Why do you folks not seem to understand the difference between legal and illegal immigration?

You've got a lot of nerve referring to people as intellectually challenged.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
The biggest problem that I have with all these labels is that they make all kinds of assumptions. The first assumption, and probably the biggest, is that a college education automatically denotes higher intelligence. This certainly isn't true, as numerous studies have shown. Unless your major was in a STEM field, statistics show that you're more than likely to trend towards the average portion of the IQ scale. That doesn't mean that a psychology major, or an education major, or a social or political science major can't be intelligent and analytical. But it does mean that a majority of those majors trend towards average, as do a majority of non college educated voters. The only difference being that the college educated voter has a bit more information on hand. The second assumption is that all information on hand for college educated voters is 100% accurate and unbiased. Once again, this has been shown to be unrealistic, as most universities employ a widely disproportionate number of left leaning professors. That leads to the third assumption....that ALL college educated voters are not only capable of doing their own research and employing analytical skills and critical thinking to make their decision, but also that this is a regularly occurring event. When we strip away all the assumptions, the disparity between voters with and without a college education shrinks considerably.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I wonder if left winger Susan Sarandon will be happy to be called white trash?

She announced that she will vote for Trump.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Maybe they should have said "uneducated rural-Americans" instead.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

When you can't attack the message, attack the followers.

Alinsky 101

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Point of order: Does he think that a significant portion of ALL Mexicans are that way or a significant portion of those who come here illegally. Keep in mind that when you break the law to come here, no matter your nationality or ethnicity, you are signaling a fundamental disrespect for the laws of the country to begin with.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Maybe they should have said "uneducated rural-Americans" instead.

As I pointed out in my previous post, education does not equal intelligence

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
This is going to be the big meme till election time....make Trump supporters feel like they must be missing something upstairs. It's really laughable. Don't fall for it. Don't fall for it. Ignore the silly pollsters. We know what and how they do some of the "polling" they do.

Speaking from a personal vantage point:

I know millionaires (yes, I really do) voting for Trump, white blue collar workers, teachers, working women, Hispanics, women with masters degrees, small business owners that are upper middle class, young people, old people, and people in between.

And as one poster said, a college degree in "basket-weaving" or "women's studies" or some other liberal arts discipline does not make a person more intelligent than the first-class machinist, or topnotch mechanic, or the pharmacy tech with an Associates degree, or the stay-at-home mom that budgets, manages, and runs her household and takes care of the activities her children are involved in....or anyone else for that matter.

Brace yourself. Liberals can be some of the nastiest, most dishonest, hateful, misleading, voters on the planet. They will say anything to perpetuate the status quo. Remember, to them, the ends justify the means (another Alinsky rule).

Laugh this stuff off, because we know it is all baloney.

edit on 31-7-2016 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join