It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why ‘white trash’ Americans are flocking to Donald Trump - NYP

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ezramullins

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Can you explain for us dummies how a white guy who writes a book about the white people he grew up with is racist? Am I missing something here?

I'm pretty sure no book was written, just an inflammatory NYP article written to demean Trump supporters.

the book at Amazon

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: mazzroth
I can see the day when the last white person dies, the World will be filled with despotic leaders like Mugabe and poverty will be the mainstay. No more hand outs and no more technology, then after the darker races settle all their scores they will sit back and long for the good old days when the food come to them.

OMG. You are not only racist, you are the most racist person to ever type.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Love these pompous and patronising articles from people who don't really have a clue. The author has probably never met anyone outside a particular social circle, so lives on stereotypes and group-think.

I'm not American, but is it OK to refer to less well-to-do African Americans as "black trash", or would that be considered racist?

Pompus indeedy! phhptptt.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I think you are missing the point:

Though “Hillbilly Elegy” is about people, not politics, it is an eye-opening field guide to an unruly and hard-to-understand group, many of them born and bred Democrats, who could cost Hillary Clinton what looked like an easy election win. White voters without a college degree have favored Republicans for some time — they voted for Mitt Romney by 18 points in 2012 — but they love Donald Trump. In an average of six polls this month, he is beating Clinton by a margin of 58 to 30 among these voters. The massive swing of white working-class voters, who made up 44 percent of the electorate in 2012, could more than cancel out her strengths among minorities and the college-educated.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Hold up here with your assumptions please. Am I wrong or is the author of this book JD Vance or some one else. Because the only JD Vance who wrote a book like this that I could find is a white guy. So maybe you can answer this question that OP has not gotten back with. Just how is a white guy writing about the white people he grew up with racist. Simple question .

I dont think its racist, but would you be cool with Ben Carson writing a book called "Why Ni@@ers Are Flocking To Hillary"?

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

"Why ‘white trash’ Americans are flocking to Donald Trump"

Well the buffoon in question certainly ticks all the boxes regarding him being a white trash president.

I mean he is after all a racist, xenophobic retarded redneck at heart.

One can see how he would indeed be appealing to the demographic in question. LoL

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

You realize the opposite slang can be applied to why XXXX are flocking to Hillary right?

It could but to do it would be racist and there's the difference.

Does the NYP, WAPO, or NYT publish that story? Heck no! That would be politically incorrect, but we can publish stories about rednecks, trailer trash, and other unsavory aspects of whites and do it all day and imply they're the only ones who would dream of voting for Trump.

Would you think a major media outlet would get away with something like that? Only ghetto rats and illegals and dead people would dream of voting for Hillary ... It might be unpleasant joke we tell or a sarcastic comment people make. Some might take it further and add in actual racial slurs when they do those stereotypes, but you aren't going to see major media outlets publishing those stories, not the mainstream ones. You may see blogs and online sources do it.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: alomaha

Point aside. It's the degrading tone.

Somehow, you can mock and degrade people who work but don't have a college degree in a way you cannot mock people who do not work and don't have a college degree or people who work and don't have a college degree but who aren't of a European ethnicity.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   

I think you are missing the irony of the New York Post article. The book's author is a 'hillybilly' who is now a tech executive in Silicon Valley. What Kyle Smith is trying to propose is that there is a misconception that only uneducated hillbillies are voting for Trump.

You should also be aware that the paper is owned by NewsCorp which places a conservative slant on its OpEd pieces. If anything they will endorse Trump over Clinton.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   

You are right-it is racist. Maybe the headline should be changed to 'intellectually challenged voters are flocking to Donald Trump."

My thoughts have been made clear; I'd rather have a dishonest but competent POTUS than a guy who majored in hypocrisy and failed in foreign affairs. If Trump wants to build a wall his wive(s) would have to leave the country.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

You are right-it is racist. Maybe the headline should be changed to 'intellectually challenged voters are flocking to Donald Trump."

My thoughts have been made clear; I'd rather have a dishonest but competent POTUS than a guy who majored in hypocrisy and failed in foreign affairs. If Trump wants to build a wall his wive(s) would have to leave the country.

So what does that say about Clinton when she has the minority vote? How many of them are highly educated professionals? Considering even the highest states for African-Americans to have degrees that number is roughly only a quarter of the African-American population and the overall percentage of African-American with GED or high school diplomas runs roughly 10% below the national average ... I don't think anyone should be talking about this as an election issue.

Rather, we should be talking about why so many people of all ethnicities are not properly educated. And of course, that also removes the reality that not every job needs a degree either.

Why on earth does the garbage man need one? How about the guy who works the road crew? Do you think any of the construction trade jobs actually need college diplomas?
edit on 31-7-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

That's no good either, then you're isulting Intellectually Challenged people..

You have to 'ThinkPC' because... anything else would be..Scandalous.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

That's no good either, then you're isulting Intellectually Challenged people..

You have to 'ThinkPC' because... anything else would be..Scandalous.

That's no good either because some of the richest people in Silicon Valley never actually got their college diplomas.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

That the NYPost would publish something so blatantly racist is not the most surprising thing, no.

How is this racist? Rednecks aren't a race.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

yes, that could prove to be somewhat problematic couldn't it..

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I mean he is after all a racist, xenophobic retarded redneck at heart.

I am from the hills of Eastern Ky. If I said "lazy ni**er," your head would explode so,why is it ok for you to insult me with this stereotype?
When they start talking about racists and bigots, they mean YOU.
The "tolerant" Left keeps showing their true colors.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

The thing is Trump is building a wall of fear-a fear that he is hoping that will win him the election and his appealing to the folk who are dominated by fear of losing their jobs, fear of using their homes, e.g. Fear does not build economy, infrastructure or wealth, all I have heard from this man is nothing but fear and no policy.

edit on 31-7-2016 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

How is this racist? Rednecks aren't a race.

Where did it in the title say "Rednecks"? White trash is a derogatory term, our are you willing to overlook that just because it's has to do with Trump supporters. That's just as bad as hood rats support Clinton.

Why ‘Hood Rat’ Americans are flocking to Hillary Clinton - NYP

Would you feel OK with this title?
edit on 31-7-2016 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Yes, I do agree with you. But it's nothing new. It's been a norm for couple of decades now: You can trash white folks as much as you want as long as you don't touch any other race or some minorities...

I think that is one of the reasons ( maybe even number one reason) of Trump's popularity. Some white people are becoming tired of unequal treatment and all that trashing, especially poor and uneducated white people. So many of them obviously feel that there's finnaly somebody whose going to stand by them.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I almost don't know what to say. So let me start by saying the OP is not getting a flag or a star from me.

originally posted by: Tempter
Well, to begin, this story does one thing and one thing only for me. It makes me mad.

Maybe that was the intent. You should analyze your reaction. You can write me a letter of thanks when you realize you've just experienced personal development.

Flipping through channels on the telly? You just KNOW you're going to have to flip quickly so your children don't have to see some anti-white speaker from the DNC.

This ... and your other anecdotes ... simply don't be an active participant in the nonsense you can't/won't go along with. Homeschool your kids. Just do a good job. I've barely exposed myself to the drivel you find on T.V. for the last dozen years (thanks a lot ATS). It takes a big man to turn his back and walk.

If the roles were reversed ... It's open-effing season on white people and I'm getting very defensive.

Excellent. You're right on the cusp of it. You're almost seeing it. Be careful when your eyes open that you don't go blind.

If this is what our world is coming to I should just go bush.
What do you think ATS, should I go bush? Wanna come?

Who you gonna go bush on? Do you have a clue? If you were my kid, I'd smack you so hard on the back of your head that the indentations from the keyboard would be visible for a week.

How this thread managed to survive is a pretty good testament to relaxing standards here at ATS.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join