It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why ‘white trash’ Americans are flocking to Donald Trump - NYP

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   

"J.D. and his people are called rednecks, white trash, hillbillies. But Vance made it out of the holler, way out. The Marines led him to Ohio State, then Yale Law School and finally a job as a principal at a Silicon Valley investment firm. Looking back on his youth, and all he fled, yields a frank, unsentimental, harrowing memoir, “Hillbilly Elegy.” It’s a superb book given an extra layer of importance by its political reverberations: When Vance returns home these days, he sees yard after yard festooned with Trump signs."

Such begins an article published only yesterday by one, and only, Kyle Smith of the New York Post.

Well, to begin, this story does one thing and one thing only for me. It makes me mad. That the NYPost would publish something so blatantly racist is not the most surprising thing, no. To me it's that in this racist BLM-sponsoring MSM day in age, they also ACTIVELY tell WHITES they are bad, or trashy. We are busing INUNDATED with constant streams of anti-white culture and anti-white media non-stop throughout our day.

Wanna check Yahoo! to see if some funny animal video is worth wathcing, except blatant anti-white stories.

Flipping through channels on the telly? You just KNOW you're going to have to flip quickly so your children don't have to see some anti-white speaker from the DNC.

Oh, the children. Don't bother sending them to school unless you want them to be actively taught about how unbelievably bad they should feel to this day for being white and putting those lazy slaves to work.

I'm really getting pretty darned tired of saying this, [rolls eyes] If the roles were reversed, this wouldn't even make it to the editors desk. It's open-effing season on white people and I'm getting very defensive.

If this is what our world is coming to I should just go bush.

What do you think ATS, should I go bush? Wanna come?
edit on 7.31.2016 by Kandinsky because: added ex-tags article quote

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

You realize the opposite slang can be applied to why XXXX are flocking to Hillary right?

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   

When Vance returns home these days, he sees yard after yard festooned with Trump signs."

Easy answer : Dont go home until after political season is over. Or , trespass on and destroy private property.
1) you are good to go
2) you go to jail

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
"J.D. and his people are called rednecks, white trash, hillbillies. But Vance made it out of the holler, way out. The Marines led him to Ohio State, then Yale Law School and finally a job as a principal at a Silicon Valley investment firm. Looking back on his youth, and all he fled, yields a frank, unsentimental, harrowing memoir, “Hillbilly Elegy.” It’s a superb book given an extra layer of importance by its political reverberations: When Vance returns home these days, he sees yard after yard festooned with Trump signs."

Such begins an article published only yesterday by one, and only, Kyle Smith of the New York Post.

Well, to begin, this story does one thing and one thing only for me. It makes me mad. That the NYPost would publish something so blatantly racist is not the most surprising thing, no. To me it's that in this racist BLM-sponsoring MSM day in age, they also ACTIVELY tell WHITES they are bad, or trashy. We are busing INUNDATED with constant streams of anti-white culture and anti-white media non-stop throughout our day.

Wanna check Yahoo! to see if some funny animal video is worth wathcing, except blatant anti-white stories.

Flipping through channels on the telly? You just KNOW you're going to have to flip quickly so your children don't have to see some anti-white speaker from the DNC.

Oh, the children. Don't bother sending them to school unless you want them to be actively taught about how unbelievably bad they should feel to this day for being white and putting those lazy slaves to work.

I'm really getting pretty darned tired of saying this, [rolls eyes] If the roles were reversed, this wouldn't even make it to the editors desk. It's open-effing season on white people and I'm getting very defensive.

If this is what our world is coming to I should just go bush.

What do you think ATS, should I go bush? Wanna come?

If its any consolation Ive been anti-white for years. Well anti racist white, black, brown, green or yellow punks like you. I cant even read what you post with a objective mind when you try to point out racism but come off as f@ckin blatantly racist yourself. Go to sleep dude before you wake your mother/cousin.

edit on 31-7-2016 by Jahari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Once you go bush you'll never go back. Well that isn't really true but don't let the BS consume you.
We the people have been getting played forever. Bad and powerful people are pulling the strings and pitting all of us against each other in a divide and control sort of way. They will try to make things so rough that we beg for them to save us. That is how we wound up with our current president and also why DJT is enjoying such popularity now.
I have read the ending of this story and everything is going to be alright. Love your family and treat your neighbor as you would want to be treated. The rest will have to work itself out and it will not do any good to lose any sleep over things.
That's not to say you shouldn't be armed and stock up.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Can you explain for us dummies how a white guy who writes a book about the white people he grew up with is racist? Am I missing something here?

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Can you explain for us dummies how a white guy who writes a book about the white people he grew up with is racist? Am I missing something here?

No sir your perfectly sain. This just another insecure sad hateful soul looking for someone to S&F something he post to give his life much needed pleasure. A forum to voice his hate among his peers. Why am i on your thread? Well the title caught me and i actually thought something eye opening might be said. These white people are under attack threads are getting ridiculous. So the white media is attacking white america? To what ends? Do they not have little white babies? Or big white babies i dont know which on is pc. Or maybe its divide and conquer. Guess who took the bait, hook line and sinker?
edit on 31-7-2016 by Jahari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   

I'm pretty sure no book was written, just an inflammatory NYP article written to demean Trump supporters.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Angery and frustrationed are what they want you to be. Right now they are activily creating us to be the enemy or right wing extremist. The cards are already on the table and the hands are playing out just the way they want.

They take away our voice, disrespect our culture, teach our children to hate themselves because of the past and they downplay our achevements.

However you only do these things to people you are afraid of. Why do you think they are afraid of us? Probably because even under all that bs they spew and favoritism they give to others we are still producing good results and rising to the challenge.

The only way to beat us to try and divide us by name calling which is proving to be a losing battle. Who do you think is destroying the democratic party right now? Its open season on white men because even with everything stacked agaisnt us we are still winning the war.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: digital01anarchy
Angery and frustrationed are what they want you to be. Right now they are activily creating us to be the enemy or right wing extremist. The cards are already on the table and the hands are playing out just the way they want.

They take away our voice, disrespect our culture, teach our children to hate themselves because of the past and they downplay our achevements.

However you only do these things to people you are afraid of. Why do you think they are afraid of us? Probably because even under all that bs they spew and favoritism they give to others we are still producing good results and rising to the challenge.

The only way to beat us to try and divide us by name calling which is proving to be a losing battle. Who do you think is destroying the democratic party right now? Its open season on white men because even with everything stacked agaisnt us we are still winning the war.

Who is "they "? Cause maybe i'm missing something. Who do you think they are? Why are they doing it? Why now? When did this war start? Are they the same ones that did the same thing to minorities? Or is it the minorities thats doing this? Please can you amswer these questions i'd really like to know.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Hold on to your hat! All the loonies come out this time every four years. It's the American way. It gets really ugly around here so it's best not to read or get on political sites on the internet.

Maybe go camping-enjoy our national parks-no tv or cells//this will all end in November. Just ride it out. And take your xanax-and no cheating.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jahari

originally posted by: digital01anarchy

Who is "they "? Cause maybe i'm missing something. Who do you think they are? Why are they doing it? Why now? When did this war start? Are they the same ones that did the same thing to minorities? Or is it the minorities thats doing this? Please can you amswer these questions i'd really like to know.

It is getting late. It is easy to miss the point or get a little cranky when you're tired.
Maybe you should catch some Zs and wake up with refreshed self-hatred for you to attempt to hide, in the morning.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ezramullins

I'm pretty sure no book was written, just an inflammatory NYP article written to demean Trump supporters.

Nope, there is a book. It is there on google and all over the place at Amazon etc. I think your 'pretty sure' is entirely unfounded. How did you come to this incorrect assumption?

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I can see the day when the last white person dies, the World will be filled with despotic leaders like Mugabe and poverty will be the mainstay. No more hand outs and no more technology, then after the darker races settle all their scores they will sit back and long for the good old days when the food come to them.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Active racism now in the democratic-controlled media. Quite impressive.

I wonder what the reaction would be if the FOX website published an article entitled "Why black trash are flocking to Hillary"

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Active racism now in the democratic-controlled media. Quite impressive.

I wonder what the reaction would be if the FOX website published an article entitled "Why black trash are flocking to Hillary"

Hold up here with your assumptions please. Am I wrong or is the author of this book JD Vance or some one else. Because the only JD Vance who wrote a book like this that I could find is a white guy. So maybe you can answer this question that OP has not gotten back with. Just how is a white guy writing about the white people he grew up with racist. Simple question .

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I came to my incorrect assumption because I went by the info in the OP. Mea culpa, I did not check for myself.
The Amazon review seemed a little less hard on the Scots-Irish of the area, who happen to be my people.
I will look before I leap next time.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   

I'm really getting pretty darned tired of saying this, [rolls eyes] If the roles were reversed, this wouldn't even make it to the editors desk. It's open-effing season on white people and I'm getting very defensive. If this is what our world is coming to I should just go bush. What do you think ATS, should I go bush? Wanna come?

So I read your piece and I understand your thought process. Let's face it, you are not going anywhere. Bush or no Bush...it's all cool with me. But you are you and if you are that fed up.....then you've answered your own question.

Look, like it or not....it is, what it is. This is the system until changes occur. So pick your medicine. I find your title very disgusting and do not support such rhetoric.....sorry boss....but I have a vote too.

Here is the basic knowledge as we enter August 2016. Less than 100 days until WE who choose to vote can and will. It is a binary choice. Sure write-ins are always acceptable, and if that make you feel good........Amen.

Now, in the next few months anything can happen. Do you really want a lying crooked Hillary as your first women president? I understand the magnitude of this....but is she really the one? I'll take Kelly Ayotte any day.

So that leaves us with Trump. An american citizen, who feels a need to give back...ok, reasonable. He is not you typical politically correct politician and that is why millions love him...........me included.

Do you want a liar for President? or do you want some one who understands America's domestic needs and has a proven record? Granted, he is brash, bold, tough and from what I gather "Loves America". Or do you want a liar, a proven liar to be your next president of the United States of America?

I've posted this before, but for 6 minutes, this is all you need to know...IMHO! Peace!!

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ezramullins
My people too. Good on ya boyo

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Love these pompous and patronising articles from people who don't really have a clue. The author has probably never met anyone outside a particular social circle, so lives on stereotypes and group-think.

I'm not American, but is it OK to refer to less well-to-do African Americans as "black trash", or would that be considered racist?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join