It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eminem having a conversation with the Devil in his song 'My Darling'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: WombRaider69

Great song. I love Eminem. But the Devil is NOT in his song.

lol and by the flags 4 others think so too.

I'm inclined to agree with your first comment.

In your second comment though, I love how you managed to include such a subtle insult to everyone who might be interested in this topic or believe it.

Should we check how many flags your threads get?

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: imthegoat

originally posted by: Jahari
Not to downplay amything you said because i agree with half. But that is also your opinion. Hip hop is the culture. It has different elements within hip hop:
1. Art/graffiti
2. MCing/rap
3. Djing
4. Breaking/dance

Rap is the main component of hip hop when combined MCing.

This is coming from someone that saw it in the womb up until its birth and even now as its raped for profit. If a vote is good enough for the POTUS then its good enough to determine the greatest rapper of all time and sir the masses has spoken. 2Pac. Tbh eminem is top 5 at best. If you dont trust my word ask around and do your own research into who the peoples choice is.

Yes, and as I said it was my opinion. We're speaking of music, so I thought the Hip Hop reference would be taken as Hip Hop music , not the culture as a whole. I'm very familiar with it all, but thanks for the condescending tone. I said they were both Top 5, never gave the order in which I place them.

Condescending? My apologies if thats how it came across. Im just a a$$hole. Just curious how would you order "your" top 5? Lets not take things to personal going forward. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   
eminem - 'for the OP'.

backwards ... m-enime aka sounds like enemy

Toss in a bit of pig latin and you've got inemme'ay
or for a bit of fun backwards nimemeay

I'm a bit tired don't worry about it ... Oh the wonder of words letters and punctuation.

Keep Calm and Carry On.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Here's the fundamental problem, there is no devil, only you and us.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Jahari

Lol ahhh are we pretending its 2002? Eminem
Yea we listen to him &vanilla ice on the the way to
Nsyc concert lol

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I gotta say that was well written and I think the dark voice was the Devil trying to get him back now he's clean and off the drugs!

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: PresidentTrump

He admits he sold his soul to the Devil.

How exactly does that work? I would love some detail on this.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: blackz28

Lol ahhh are we pretending its 2002? Eminem
Yea we listen to him &vanilla ice on the the way to
Nsyc concert lol

I dont get it sorrry.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jahari

originally posted by: tayton

Tupac? Lol, not even close, it's just said cause he's dead

Thats your opinion. But the opinion of the hip hop community is 2pac. Period. This is ATS deny ignorance. Look it up yourself. 2pac is that now and he was rhe best before he even died. Your talking lyrically but rap/hip hop is not just about the rhyming words. Eminem is one of if not the best lyricist ever but his words hold no weight. There's really no debate here. Your statement should have started as in your opinion....

Sort of like the kobe jordan debate.

Okay so you can YouTube it.

J.Cole, 50 Cent, Lil Wayne, Wiz Khalifa, The Game, Tech N9ne, big Sean... all say he's the best

I mean.. I know everyone's opinion will be different.. but it's just hard to say he isnt.

If you were to put him in a battle with any rapper alive or dead.. who would beat him? Seriously?

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Marshall Mathers first album was 'Infinite', which was him rapping as Eminem and had a very positive tone... He talks about his religious beliefs on the album.

His album 'Infinite' flopped and put him in debt (apparently). So then he brings out the 'Slim Shady EP', which is basically all Marshall doing his psychopathic drug addict alter ego Slim Shady.

He has that same voice on the intro of 'the Slim Shady EP' as the voice in 'My darling'.

Dr Dre hears the the album, then next thing you know Marshall's on MTV, all over the news and is now (potentially) worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

The song in the OP is a metaphor about how he wants to get off drugs and be Eminem, but is once again conflicted with the fact he has to be Shady to get his career back.

The track after 'My Darling' on the 'Relapse' album is 'Careful What You Wish For', where he actually claims

I've already told you At least, a thousand times in these rhymes I appreciate the prayer but I've already got, God on my side

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: imthegoat

Tech n9ne is the real rap god and most of the industry knows it now. Dude can rap backwards.

Just one of my favorites.

edit on 31-7-2016 by imsoconfused because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: imsoconfused

Tech who?!!!?

Did this Tech n9ne guy ever speak to a whole generation of angry teenagers? Did he ever break down barriers between races?

Eminem is the undisputed rap god!

No rapper on the face of the earth has ever even come close to achieving what Marshall Mather's did in the Rap industry.

The dude wasn't talking out of turn when he claimed 'rap god' status.... it was fully within his right to do.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: imsoconfused
a reply to: imthegoat

Tech n9ne is the real rap god and most of the industry knows it now. Dude can rap backwards.

Just one of my favorites.

Tech n9ne has said himself that he idolizes Eminem. Just saying. That's why he tried so hard to make a collaboration happen, and it did, on Speedom.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Who is the 'best'is an opinion. Regardless of who it comes from. Rap artists, or average people....

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The devil is an interchangeable metaphor in the song I think. It can be tied to whatever "demons", as they say, one battles I guess. Seems like a lot of rock songs are done that way too.
Best is probably tupac and biggie smalls at the top then there's the next group which is pretty impressive still like snoop, Dr dre, Jay z, Eminem, ice cube and like couple more. They made the most money and everyone listened to them so I give them credit. Then the next group is probably a little second tier like outkast busta rhymes, Warren g etc just not the broad appeal and as successful financially. Not sure with Vanilla ice, they still play his song at weddings and partys

edit on 30-9-2016 by wickd_waze because: ASU

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: wickd_waze
The devil is an interchangeable metaphor in the song I think. It can be tied to whatever "demons", as they say, one battles I guess.

Exactly, his not rapping specifically about the devil, his rapping about his person inner demons... which to Eminem is his alter ego 'Slim Shady'.

This is made perfectly obvious by how Eminem starts rapping about being a famous rapper at the start of the song, then you hear the iconic Shady chainsaw in the background... then Em starts rapping hardcore 'gangster style'.

The songs about the irony of how he desires to be his morally conscious self... but how his just another nobody, without his immoral Slim Shady alter ego.

Well, that's how I interpret it anyway, when I get really drunk and start rapping that song out at the top of my lungs... which I do at least once a week, lol.

edit on 30-9-2016 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Dont put too much thought into this filth. If you know more than a few words of this tools spewings, youre under a spell. This is not an insult, its the help you need.

These industry kids, genetic "clones" of industry pioneers, posing as rags to riches stories, lowering the images they want lowered and raising others in front of the 11 year old itunes subscribers that keep them afloat. The Inmenimin series of clones got its dna from Malcolm Mclaren, who is laughing in his grave at the sensless trends and imaginary cultures of theirs, which youve all ignorantly clung to as substantial in some regard.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
That's just eminmen doing his routine. He's been rapping about his inner demons since day 1, it's one of his motivations.

But just because of his fame, he must be smoking Ls with the devil? Clearly he must. No human could possibly just be talented without intervention from the devil...

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   

stupid fascination for the Devil, there is no Devil only a dualistic God

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join