It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eminem having a conversation with the Devil in his song 'My Darling'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I came across this song a couple of weeks ago on youtube after I've read about it in a book, in this song you will hear him have a conversation with a deep almost evil voice. I'm not completely sure about who he's having a dialogue with but the lyrics and the deep voice that has been used makes me assume it represents the devil.

Here's a paragraph about what I've read in this book:

- A history of evil in popular culture by Sharon Packer and Jody Pennington

And now it's time for you to listen to the song yourself.

Notice how he says "in the shadows of all who are willing to sell their souls for this rap game and it goes 123...123...123..." , that's 666. Subtle hint?

Please share your thoughts on this one.

EDIT: Check out the profile picture of his official youtube channel...

A covered right eye and horns, really?
edit on 30-7-2016 by WombRaider69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: WombRaider69

Great song. I love Eminem. But the Devil is NOT in his song.

lol and by the flags 4 others think so too.
edit on 30-7-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Very cool theory. I like it. Its pretty obvious when he flows as "shady" his consonants are sharper, more rhymes per minute, harsher lyrics, and straight genius lyrics..

When hes "marshall" or "eminem" it is softer, more pop oriented.

He is widely regarded in the hip hop community as the best of all time by other artists. You dont become the best without some outside interference.

Could he actually have sold his soul to the devil? Possibly..

However, since hes been clean and been "Marshall" he made "Rap God" which was clearly Shady and not Marshall, and that was after hes been clean and whatnot so I dont know how much water the theory holds that "shady" is when he is possesed, because if so and he has gotten a "break" from the devil for a few years, then he couldnt have made rap god... unless it was pre recorded.. but the lyrics in that song would go against that as well because he references his change in sound
edit on 30-7-2016 by Lucidparadox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: WombRaider69

Great song. I love Eminem. But the Devil is NOT in his song.

lol and by the flags 4 others think so too.

The sky is not blue.... Water is not wet... Fire is not hot.... Who are you and where are you from?

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Lol I'm sorry but that's not how we debunk stuff here on ATS, give arguments or move along.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I think the deep voice represents his inner greed and he is trying to fight it. The big business record label companies are preying on people's inner demons like greed and materialism in order to make big money while in the process their practices ruin the lives of said artists.

He isn't as mainstream as he used to be, he's remembering how he sold his soul to the devil and how he regrets it in my opinion. There's nothing evil about this song.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
The song was on the album Relapse (which came out before Recovery).

And that is what the song truly is about: his struggle with addiction.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I think the deep voice represents his inner greed and he is trying to fight it. The big business record label companies are preying on people's inner demons like greed and materialism in order to make big money while in the process their practices ruin the lives of said artists.

He isn't as mainstream as he used to be, he's remembering how he sold his soul to the devil and how he regrets it in my opinion. There's nothing evil about this song.

No..

Im.pretty sure in his song the devil isnt a euphimism.. its not the real devil but im sure at the least it relresents his inner demons.

People make their vest art when going through rough times, he hasnt hadnit rough in a while...

His music was all about his pain stemming from his mother, his wife, his drug addictions, and his violence issues and sociopathic thoughts, his outcast status in society, and being a father and protector throughout all this

Now that hes older the drama in his life is gone. He doesnt have those problems anymore to feed his music, so hes been relegated to a poppy sound.

The "devil" in this song wants him to do something that puts him back in a bad situation, to bring shady (the lossesion) back.

He loves "the devil" because without him he wouldnt have become what he has, yet he hates the devil because even though his life is better his scars havent healed.

"The devil" says no one loves you like I do.. because no one has done as much for him.. hes indebted..

And because hes got a screw loose hes conteplating a relapse to "shady"

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
The guy has lyrical talent along with an ability to rap in different voices. Is he speaking with the physical devil in his song? Doubtful.

I dont think ole Red was there in the recording studio doing duos with Eminem. This has always been Eminem's thing. Metaphorically speaking? Yes, Slim Shady is very likely the devil so to speak. Evil. I think that is exactly what Marshal is going for and he would absolutely love to read this and see somebody freaking out about hearing 'the devil.'

Eta: poster above me described it way better than i did.

Do we not all have inner demons? A darker self who can be brought out by certain stressors in life? We do. Anybody who says otherwise lies unless they are ghandi or something.

Eminem is a genius and is playing on this fact by taking it to the extreme. Alot of his songs are purely for shock value. Alot of other ones are true stories about the mans personal demons. We all have them.
Great song.

Now go listen to Fetty Wap - 679. Listen carefully just before the beat drops.
edit on 30-7-2016 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: WombRaider69
Notice how he says "in the shadows of all who are willing to sell their souls for this rap game and it goes 123...123...123..." , that's 666. Subtle hint?

123 ≠ 666

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   
He admits he sold his soul to the Devil.

He tells the story on youtube.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Just to correct you no one in the hip hop community claims or even thinks he's the greatest. The greatest lyricist yes. The greatest rapper of all time is Tupac Shakur.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

123 ≠ 666

I reckon he means 1+2+3 = 6. Done three times, 6 6 6

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   

I came across this song a couple of weeks ago on youtube after I've read about it in a book, in this song you will hear him have a conversation with a deep almost evil voice. I'm not completely sure about who he's having a dialogue with but the lyrics and the deep voice that has been used makes me assume it represents the devil.

He's representing his own demons in the song. His alter ego from his music past, his drug addictions, etc. Has nothing to do with the devil; it's just metaphorical.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Jahari

Tupac? Lol, not even close, it's just said cause he's dead

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jahari
Just to correct you no one in the hip hop community claims or even thinks he's the greatest. The greatest lyricist yes. The greatest rapper of all time is Tupac Shakur.

The greatest rapper all depends on many different things. 2pac was a story teller. He had a knack for feeling what others feel, and turn it into a song as a message to the community or those around him (early on in his career anyway). His later work with Death Row was NOT 2pac; in the sense that it was a falsified ego brought on by temporary weakness due to him being shot, and manipulation by Suge Knight and crew. He was by far an amazing talent that was taken from us way too soon.

I tend to separate "rap" from "hip hop." As in, "rap" to me is this new nonsensical hogwash. Lil Wayne, Drake, every other rapper that sounds the same. So greatest rapper? No. Neither 2pac or Eminem are the greatest rappers, living or dead. But if you're willing to allocate those two talents into the "hip hop" category, then they're both definitely in the Top 5.

To elaborate a little further:

Hip Hop, to me, is taking it back to where it all started. The story telling, word play, metaphors, and the like. Both Eminem and 2pac are two of the best at doing that. Those artists that can make you visualize what they (or someone else) has gone through, with their words. It's a talent lost with these new age rappers.

Rap, to me, is talking about your rims, paint jobs, drug dealing, "two phones," "club bangers," and such. Huge difference with true artists from back in the day. Even when the older artists talked about drugs, they were telling a story, and a good one.

I'm not sure if that makes too much sense to everyone else, but that's how I see it.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: tayton

And who might be your choice? I'm eager to know, honestly.

edit on 7/31/2016 by imthegoat because: Quoting oops.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: tayton

Thats your opinion. But the opinion of the hip hop community is 2pac. Period. This is ATS deny ignorance. Look it up yourself. 2pac is that now and he was rhe best before he even died. Your talking lyrically but rap/hip hop is not just about the rhyming words. Eminem is one of if not the best lyricist ever but his words hold no weight. There's really no debate here. Your statement should have started as in your opinion....

Sort of like the kobe jordan debate.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Not to downplay amything you said because i agree with half. But that is also your opinion. Hip hop is the culture. It has different elements within hip hop:
1. Art/graffiti
2. MCing/rap
3. Djing
4. Breaking/dance

Rap is the main component of hip hop when combined MCing.

This is coming from someone that saw it in the womb up until its birth and even now as its raped for profit. If a vote is good enough for the POTUS then its good enough to determine the greatest rapper of all time and sir the masses has spoken. 2Pac. Tbh eminem is top 5 at best. If you dont trust my word ask around and do your own research into who the peoples choice is.
edit on 31-7-2016 by Jahari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jahari
Not to downplay amything you said because i agree with half. But that is also your opinion. Hip hop is the culture. It has different elements within hip hop:
1. Art/graffiti
2. MCing/rap
3. Djing
4. Breaking/dance

Rap is the main component of hip hop when combined MCing.

This is coming from someone that saw it in the womb up until its birth and even now as its raped for profit. If a vote is good enough for the POTUS then its good enough to determine the greatest rapper of all time and sir the masses has spoken. 2Pac. Tbh eminem is top 5 at best. If you dont trust my word ask around and do your own research into who the peoples choice is.

Yes, and as I said it was my opinion. We're speaking of music, so I thought the Hip Hop reference would be taken as Hip Hop music , not the culture as a whole. I'm very familiar with it all, but thanks for the condescending tone. I said they were both Top 5, never gave the order in which I place them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join