It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the book really matter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I had a little chat with someone i hardly know, and yet the same he hardly knew me.. He asked what my studies are and i said;" they are religious "
To his surprise not mine, he said;" I want to hear your words on what you think, since you maybe know something i dont".

He started by explaining the way of the Quran and the difference between the prophets and the message, the difference between the books and their message.. So i asked or more formly said;" A teacher without the proper knowledge, do you think he can read the book for what its for? " To my surprise he said ;" Yes " Shocked as i was, i asked again;" A man reading a book, will he not be subjective when he teaches the book from his own experience? Do you think the book should be read in that way?" To my surprise he said;" Yes, again"

I began to wonder, do men claim to be prophets to gain, was not that a sin to begin with.. He continued his wordly advice, claiming it was the only word that existed.. So i asked again;" Is this your words or are they from the book? " and he replied;" I know deep down in my heart it is right " and said the holy words after..
So i said a simple word wondering thought;" Does the book or the prophet matter?" and he replied;" Yes it does matter"

I looked at him and said;" Does the book matter or does the prophet matter, if you cant be a proper human. Is not that the message? " He was quiet for the first time, a little seed went inside his subjective thoughts, and he said;" Maybe "

So i said;" Be a human first, then come back and explain what the Quran really says.. And i left.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Yes...but so does the message, who from, and delivered in what way.

God's mansion has many rooms.....

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
it all comes down to whether or not the word is creator or creation.
in the bible jesus is the word became flesh and dwelt among us.
in the Quran isa(jesus) is known as the word.

One of the major diferences of the bible and the quran is that in the new testament jesus was crucified and three days later rose from the dead.

In the quran a man was made to appear to be jesus on the cross, or that it was made to appear to be that way.

One of them, and not the other, has to be true. they are complete opposites of accounts of the lifetime of jesus.( to an extent).

there have been many prophets but the underlying message was the same all along, the one god.
edit on 30-7-2016 by Belcastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

God's mansion has many rooms.....

No, just one.. Our imagination creates the other

top topics

join