It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're Bernie's Supporters Disenfrachised ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

If with say same family, one parent works...yes, they other parent gets to stay at home and be with the child 24/7, however, the child is not in daycare or another learning environment and the child gets a late start and does not know how to make friends later in life...which leads to mental issues. This I am experiencing right now with a close relative, the child is not learning. Also I am experiencing this close relative not appreciating her children, she is annoyed easily and her and her husband constantly fight in front of the children over money.

Let me guess.

You think "it takes a village".

hahahahaha

Yeah, you're a Hillary fan.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

that makes no sense pertaining to the comment you quoted but I know you are probably just drunk

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

that makes no sense pertaining to the comment you quoted but I know you are probably just drunk

Somehow, you think that a parent working and a parent staying home is somehow worse than 2 parents working and the kid(s) spending the day at some learning institution.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   

im saying its relative.

but my opinion is yes...its good for a small child to be part of a daily or even twice a week routine at "some learning institution"

there are pros and cons to stay at home parenting, Im not so sure of the cons of a child learning and playing with other children at "some learning institution", mostly pros.

(unless the teachers were sexually molesting them or abusing them of course)

If I had a rich boyfriend or husband (I am not looking to ever be married) and I could afford to stay at home with a small child, I would still put that child in "some learning institution" at least twice a week for the exposure. I would also volunteer my time to a philanthropy of choice for it would drive me crazy to just stay at home all day, every day.

edit on 31-7-2016 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

If everyplace but a very few is being exploitive, then no, being exploited or not is really not a choice.

Choosing to be exploited by a different company does not, non exploited make.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer
a reply to: intrptr

No problem. The Republicans are no less corrupt than the democrats.

Ron Paul was / would have been different.

Thats why they cut him out.

I agree, 2 party system is two sides of the same coin.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

I'd say they were only disenfranchised if Bernie never intended to be a serious candidate in the first place. In other words, if it comes out that Bernie was colluding with the DNC all along, then and only then were they disenfranchised. Otherwise, Bernie ran in apparent good faith and they all voted in good faith, but they had no clue that the DNC was undermining them at every turn, or at least no proof.

Bernie folding like a wet sheet, IMO, has more to do with his desire to continue to have a career in politics after all this presidential mess is done.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I dunno I think it has more to do with it being one of the conditions of him running as third party. And unlike Hillary and the like, he has the integrity to swallow his pride and stand by his word, no matter how much it disgusts him.

Fortunately most of his REAL supporters follow his message and not him, and thus can run true the course of that ideal, and are not bound like Bernie to the deal set forth to allow him to run as a democrat.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

If with say same family, one parent works...yes, they other parent gets to stay at home and be with the child 24/7, however, the child is not in daycare or another learning environment and the child gets a late start and does not know how to make friends later in life...which leads to mental issues. This I am experiencing right now with a close relative, the child is not learning. Also I am experiencing this close relative not appreciating her children, she is annoyed easily and her and her husband constantly fight in front of the children over money.

So your personal anecdote means all children are like this?

Got news for you, research spread out over multiple households makes your situation the outlier, not the norm. Children who have stay at home parenting generally are better off than those who are consigned to an institutional environment from a young age.

Sure there are always exceptions. Sounds like you know one, but I happen to be another and so is a cousin of mine and my sister ... oh and my close friend from college ... all of us were/are more or less in the home a lot with our children as mothers and our kids are thriving now that they are in regular school and started with vocabulary and social skills just fine or ahead of where they need to be.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

im not saying its the norm, those were just examples...im saying its relative.

but it is my opinion that a routine with interacting with others and learning is best for the young child... my opinion, and there are many books and stats to back it up.

If the stay at home mom keeps up play dates and is disciplined enough to keep up a learning atmosphere, then that is great, however, many stay at home moms get burned out (I think I would if I were a stay at home mom, im not saying that as a bad thing...it just happens). I think a professional learning environment with a routine (everyday, twice a week, 3 times a week) is best...but again...that is my opinion.

Every stat book or survey says something different, you found one to back your opinion, that's nice. I have talked with teachers and parents that say differently and stay at home moms that admit they would have done it differently if they could.

that is great that a stay at home atmosphere worked out for you.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I'd say they were only disenfranchised if Bernie never intended to be a serious candidate in the first place. In other words, if it comes out that Bernie was colluding with the DNC all along, then and only then were they disenfranchised. Otherwise, Bernie ran in apparent good faith and they all voted in good faith, but they had no clue that the DNC was undermining them at every turn, or at least no proof.

Bernie folding like a wet sheet, IMO, has more to do with his desire to continue to have a career in politics after all this presidential mess is done.

It looked like Bernie was bought off to me.

I could be wrong. What about all the money people sent him.

Millions sent him money, where does that go ?

Did Hillary pay off his campaigns debt ?

Was a position promised ? After all, this is how things are done.

Bernie took the money and ran...

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I don't think Bernie supporters are lovin Hillary. They are pissed. Look at this like the NFL. Your team just lost the championship game to go to the SB. Think the losing fans are just going to jump on the team that just beat yours? Not likely.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

You're forgetting that the winning team was found having payed off the refs as well. Let's complete the analogy.
edit on 8/1/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/1/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

I don't think Bernie supporters are lovin Hillary. They are pissed. Look at this like the NFL. Your team just lost the championship game to go to the SB. Think the losing fans are just going to jump on the team that just beat yours? Not likely.

I couldn't find anything about the money people sent him.

We are talking about millions of dollars...

Lots of people that couldn't even afford it sent him money.

Should he return that money ?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
They donated to a campaign. Free will. "Donate" doesn't equate to compensation unless you're a huge conglomerate.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
They donated to a campaign. Free will. "Donate" doesn't equate to compensation unless you're a huge conglomerate.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

They sure did. The lesson is, "You can't beat city hall."

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

From Fact Check

those running for federal office — including presidential candidates — must abide by strict FEC guidelines when it comes to their extra campaign money. They can donate an unlimited amount to a charity or political party. They can also, within limits, make contributions directly to other candidates. A campaign committee can give up to $2000 per election to each candidate. If the committee is converted into a political action committee, the limit jumps to $5000 – but to be established as a PAC, the committee would have to be in existence for six months, receive contributions from 50 donors, and make contributions to five recipients.

What candidates can’t do with leftover money is use it for personal expenses. Retiring federal lawmakers used to be able to pocket extra cash and use it for cars, vacations, clothes, pet grooming, whatever — but that changed in 1989 with the passage of the Ethics Reform Act.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Sorry, but this is BS.

Bernie and his voters already suspected that the DNC were running a dishonest campaign and talked about this well before the leak.
The leak made those claims factual, Bernie lost the election against Hillary because the election was rigged.
He is not a democrat, hence, he is not one of them!

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

You know ... back in the day, pretty much every kid grew up with a stay at home mom and somehow society did not implode.

I wonder how on earth that never happened?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join