It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're Bernie's Supporters Disenfrachised ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

You REALLY need to watch this. You owe it to America to be an informed voter.

If you watch this and still decide to vote for Hillary so be it. But you need to have some idea of who you are voting for beyond 'well, she is the democrat so...'

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Speaking as a transsexual, I don't want equality in mediocrity. Yeah we're making strides towards equality, but the same people passing those laws are using doing so as a distraction so that while we think we're making strides, truthfully they're just bringing everyone down further and further while the elite rises more and more.

If we keep letting them distract us with religious and social divides, we'll all be equal alright.

Equal as slaves to the elite.

Also, man I wish I had a beer, my poor ass can't afford a good stiff drink :/
edit on 7/30/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

interesting thought, but I do think there is some paranoia in there.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I love the fact, that the fringe on both side consider YouTube to be a legitimate source. DBC, as always, it is a pleasure to have an actual conversation with you, you and I could solve a lot of things over a beer. Unfortunately the children are loose tonight, and I need to curb my comments.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

thanks but no thanks...

I don't even trust the news, much less a you tube video from an extreme right website.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

It must be, someone seems pretty happy.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   

How so? Look at women's rights. Yup we're equal alright, and now instead of one person being able to maintain a decent living for a whole family, they took advantage of the increased workforce, and now kids barely even see their parents. Our entire family unit is destroyed.

Not because women's rights is wrong, but because it was taken advantage of. They've been taking advantage of equal rights forever. Especially to polarize us.

They constantly ruin good things in politics with fine print and "compromise" which really turns out to be, using a positive thing to piggy back on to implement something far, far worse.

Equality is good, but they keep giving it to us in ways they can exploit in some fashion.

They didn't really increase women's wages to be equal to a man's, they just stop increasing a man's wage, while pushing women's to catch up to a now mediocre wage for both, because by the time women started "catching up" they already took advantage of inflation to the point where no one was making the equivalent of before.

Women didn't gain equal wages, both lost overall, but became more "equal" in their mediocrity.
edit on 7/30/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Extreme right? Are you serious? This is the third or fourth time I have been told by Hillary supporters they will NOT look at something.

OMFG

If Hillary gets in it will be because of low information voters like you.

You need to read and watch everything, then use that thing in your head and practice a little discernment and make an INFORMED decision.

Willful ignorance.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
You are WILLFULY ignorant.

Anyone who will not look at both sides of an issue before making a decision.

Much worse.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

How so? Look at women's rights. Yup we're equal alright, and now instead of one person being able to maintain a decent living for a whole family, they took advantage of the increased workforce, and now kids barely even see their parents. Our entire family unit is destroyed.

Not because women's rights is wrong, but because it was taken advantage of. They've been taking advantage of equal rights forever. Especially to polarize us.

They constantly ruin good things in politics with fine print and "compromise" which really turns out to be, using a positive thing to piggy back on to implement something far, far worse.

Equality is good, but they keep giving it to us in ways they can exploit in some fashion.

By women's rights I mean the right to abortion, those rights are being infringed upon, its as if we are going back in time. Also, they are still not equal...Men are still being paid more for the same job that women hold in some companies.

How is a family destroyed if both the female and male work? so its better to have one parent home with the children 24/7? How does that make a child better??? I am a single mom and I put my child in private care and its the best time of my day when I go to pick her up and she runs into my arms...If im with her 24/7, that moment would never happen. In fact, with most stay at home moms...they get sick of their children bc they are with them 24/7...(I know a sad personal case like this)...how is THAT better for the child. Do you really know this to be true? Or is it just what you are fed.

Also do you believe a mom and dad should be married and live together? Its better for the child? What if they fight all the time. So you are saying that a mom and dad who fight in front of their child all the time is better off than say a child who lives with his sound single father who plays music and gardens everyday?

Its all relative, each situation is different from the next...you don't know what is best for each situation so to generalize it is ignorant.

again, I feel some paranoia coming from you, we are not being exploited in any way bc we have equal rights.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

no I just have better things to do than waste my time with this stupid video. There are also better ways to look at the other side.

If 4 people have told you this then you probably need to take note and not try and force it on people anymore.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I wonder sometimes if the reason a third party hasn't appeared is that maybe people were disinfranchised by Ross Perot and his I'm in-I'm out-I'm back in again run.IMHO he had a real shot at winning had he never dropped out.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
So if one person can afford to maintain a household still, that would mean, let's see.

Two parents working half as many hours, so more time with each other and the kids. Less fights over bills.

Or,

If the parents do get divorced or one dies, a single parent could afford to maintain the household for their children on one job instead of two or three, allowing once again, time with their kids.

This is how equal rights should have played out.

I don't believe parents should stay together if they're dysfunctional. I also do not believe that should result in one parent having to work three jobs and never seeing their kids if it happens.

You're mistaking me being against how it was exploited with my being against it.

We need to push for equality, but not be exploited by it.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   

another scenario...

If both parents work then they will have more money for better vacations and a more reliable car / home, etc. There will be less stressful money situations equaling to less fighting over monetary issues.

If with say same family, one parent works...yes, they other parent gets to stay at home and be with the child 24/7, however, the child is not in daycare or another learning environment and the child gets a late start and does not know how to make friends later in life...which leads to mental issues. This I am experiencing right now with a close relative, the child is not learning. Also I am experiencing this close relative not appreciating her children, she is annoyed easily and her and her husband constantly fight in front of the children over money.

Now I am open to the stay at home mom being a good role-model and the 1 parent making enough money so as to have no stresses whatsoever. Yes that could happen, but in my opinion, still not ideal. A growing child still needs to learn and have daily or a bi-weekly schedule of social interactions.

anyways, my point...its all relative and there is no sure right or wrong way to raise a child when it comes to the "stay at home" vs both parents work discussion.

I am still not following the "being exploited by equality" mindset you have, but open to hearing more about it if you want to give examples.

edit on 31-7-2016 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   

You're not getting me at all or are purposely misreading what I'm saying.

There was before, enough payed out that one person made enough to afford to take care on one household working full time. Now since things have been exploited it now takes TWO parents to take care of the SAME household BOTH working FULLtime. Hopefully my emphasis helps spell it out.

I don't care if one parent stays home 24/7 ore they split that time, or they take advantage of being able to split that load to spend more time together keeping their romance alive.

If equality had REALLY happened, what I outlined above would be reality. We didn't get equality, we got exploited.

Now divorces are even more common, both parents work full time jobs and still struggle to pay the bills, then they get barely any time with their kids, and because both are working they either need to work separate shifts and never see each other or have time to maintain the romance, or pay exorbitant daycare fees.

They struggle with A: Money, B: Never seeing each other, and C: Never seeing their kids. Single parents are struggling to pay daycare or get babysitters as most of their paychecks go towards just having a place for their kids they never see to stay while they work their multiple jobs.

If this isn't exploitation I don't know what is.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   

You are talking about simple bad choices

People not being able to afford a home...bad choice: living outside their means

People working 3 menial jobs...bad choice: does not have work ethics to keep 1 good paying job

No exploitation here, sorry, just a bunch of bad choices

yes, I feel sorry for the children of those who make bad choices.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Oh you're one of those, gotcha. Surprised, they're normally on the right not the left.

Are you sure you were a Bernie supporter, cause man was that contrary to his platform and beliefs.
edit on 7/31/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   

lol, don't confuse me for one of those "I pay for your welfare check while you eat junkfood and watch tv all day" people.

those were just examples above...

like for example:

If you are suffering and working 3 jobs that barely pay your bills, then a bad choice could be ...too proud to get on gov't assistance.

That is a bad choice that I have seen with a couple of people that I know.

edit on 31-7-2016 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   

So you honestly are telling me you think jobs pay as well as they used to, and everyone struggling is simply due to lazyness, lack of job ethic, or too much pride to get on assistance? No exploitation by big banks, and big business? It's purely the persons fault, the employers out there are angels?

Simply put a single person could work most any job at the time, and afford to take care of a household that takes two people at the equivalent job to possess today. We have not kept up with inflation, and more workers has been a massive boon in keeping that true. They exploited us, and continue to do so.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Employers are angels? lol.

I am making less today than I did 5 years ago, same job. One year they took the bonus away completely just bc they could.

I am staying bc the base pay is still good enough for me to live off of.

I am in no way saying Employers are angels, I actually may be making a bad choice by staying with the job, but I have a roof over my head, food to eat and beer to drink.

But yes, people make bad choices in life which lead to more bad choices, its a cycle that if you do not even know you are in, you will never be able to get out of.

I really do not think we are being exploited. I mean, the corporation I am working for IS exploiting me, but It is my choice to stay with them. I could leave and get another job if I wanted to.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join