It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're Bernie's Supporters Disenfrachised ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I left the DNC, in 2008, and registered 'Unaffiliated."

I STILL get mail solicitations from the party as if I am still a member.

I have returned them, asking them to "eat my sh*t."

I get MORE mail solicitations from them even though I left the party EIGHT YEARS AGO and asked that they "eat my sh*t."

I cannot help but wonder if they inflate their support.
edit on 30-7-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Of course they do.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

I was a Bernie supporter as well, he got me so excited about politics. I wanted nothing more but for him to get the nomination.

But he didn't, does that mean Im going to vote for Trump? NO! Does that mean I am just not going to vote at all? NO!

I will have to vote for my party's candidate. Right now it is Hillary and just bc she was not my first choice does not mean I am going to be a baby and not vote this election.

The more mature Bernie supporters will vote for Hilary as well bc she is who will best uphold Obama's legacy. I will tell you one thing...I am looking forward to Bernie 2020. I also wouldn't mind Biden 2020.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

they send you mail bc they have your address bc you were a past dem supporter, you are wasting your time and stamp money on sending it back with volatile words. You are also putting negativity into the world. I would just recycle it and go on with your life.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

You can vote for someone else besides Hillary or Donald. Just because you are afraid to doesn't make you more mature.

Also, Obama has a 'legacy' of upholding and extending Bush's policies after selling himself as a progressive to people who have no real core values. That's not much of a legacy.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

they send you mail bc they have your address bc you were a past dem supporter, you are wasting your time and stamp money on sending it back with volatile words. You are also putting negativity into the world. I would just recycle it and go on with your life.

Oh, lol. I wouldn't waste the cost of a stamp on them. Their solicitation mail comes with pre-paid addressed envelopes!

It costs THEM money to be invited to "eat my sh*t."

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

No the more mature supporters will actually stand by their ideals and vote Stein. Hillary is a proven liar and corporate stooge.

Then again I guess it depends which of Bernie's ideals you stood behind.

If the ones that were most important was anti-corruption, big-banks, and corporations, then you cannot possible vote for Hillary and pretend for even one second that those ideals mean a thing to you.

Hillary promises a bunch of Bernie stuff now? Big deal, she's a massive liar.

Do you honestly vote party lines no matter who they put up?

Or do you vote the person you feel will actually do the better job and truly support your ideals and not just lie about it?

If Trump ran as democrat and cheated his way into winning like Hillary, I guess you'd vote him in to, because damn the world, and damn how corrupt the candidate is proven to be, they have a big ole D hallelujah your my candidate!!!!

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Bush was not ALL bad, and by Obama's legacy I mean Obamacare. To say he has no core values is just your opinion.

This country's political system is so f---ed up that there are really only 2 major parties, a vote for someone else is a wasted vote and an indirect vote for the opposite party.

Im not a bouncing HIllary fan, however, I am voting for her bc I am a democrat and she is the democratic nominee.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Globalists will be supporting Hillary.

People who supported Brexit won't, imho.

There is an establishment and an anti-establishment agenda going on.

It's coming to the point where we'll have to choose sides soon.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I said his voters have no real core values. He lied about who he is and they failed to hold his feet to the flames. In fact, he voted for FISA before the 2008 election and his supporters STILL voted for him. And, yes, Bush was a rotten neocon president.

Also, the Affordable Care Act did not make health insurance affordable for anyone I know who could not afford it before the ACA. I'm not convinced it's any legacy to speak of, at all.

AND, a vote to get Stein or Johnson over the 5% voter limit might easily give a progressive party and/or a socially liberal/fiscally conservative party equal ballot access snd public funding.

That's no waste of a vote.

edit on 30-7-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

I am voting for her bc she is the democratic candidate, she has experience and is a strong choice, Obama trusted her as secretary of state and although this does not matter much...I really liked her husband when he was president.

Most politicians lie and change their mind so its a wash to use that excuse to not vote for Hillary.

Bernie had some really cool ideas and talking points, but (just playing devil's advocate)...what if HE was lying as well?

Even if he was...I would still vote for him.

If Trump were the democratic nominee I would probably do what most republicans are doing now and just vote for him bc laws and processes I agree with will more likely be passed with a democratic president than a republican president.

But life is too short to play "what if" games. That is a problem the republicans have, not the democrats

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Globalists will be supporting Hillary.

People who supported Brexit won't, imho.

There is an establishment and an anti-establishment agenda going on.

It's coming to the point where we'll have to choose sides soon.

I have come to respect you, and I don't think that time is soon, at least I hope so, I am old. We have people screaming from both fringes that they are right, unfortunately, the 70 percent in the middle are the ones that are right. We are going to argue and disagree, then the details will be ironed out, and we will COMPROMISE, it is not a 4 letter word.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Also, the Affordable Care Act did not make health insurance affordable for anyone I know who could not afford it before the ACA. I'm not convinced it's any legacy to speak of, at all.

AND, a vote to get Stein or Johnson over the 5% voter limit might easily give a progressive party and/or a socially liberal/fiscally conservative party equal ballot access snd public funding.

That's no waste of a vote.

The ACA gave millions of Americans health insurance who normally would never be able to afford it. If you live in a red state, then that is hard to see. The red state governers tried to derail the ACA by not expanding Medicaid...at the expense of American citizens lives.

and I hope you are correct about Stein or Johnson votes, maybe its an election such as this one that will make other political parties available and worth it to join...more choices is much better.

What I am saying is that even though we have the choices now...im afraid it will just be a lost vote or a vote in the opposite direction...but this could be the beginning of a change.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

I said his voters have no real core values. He lied about who he is and they failed to hold his feet to the flames. In fact, he voted for FISA before the 2008 election and his supporters STILL voted for him. And, yes, Bush was a rotten neocon president.

also, to say "his voters" have no real core values is as well, just your opinion

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

My friend, just take a look at the world.

We've had a black president for 8 years, have race relations gotten better or worse?

We're being pulled apart even further than we have ever been. Our society has become polarized. It's not enough to simply disagree and carry on. Not anymore. Things aren't getting better. But "They" have to keep us at each others throats so we don't focus on "them".
Bernie, (and Trump) encouraged the anti-establishment crowd.

There will be a concerted effort to stop that. They were successful with Bernie, they'll try like hell with Trump.

I'm getting too old for the fight that's coming, personally.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

I live in a swing state. And people here saw their premiums nearly double since the ACA was enacted. And the people I know who were uninsured before the ACA, are still uninsured...except now they pay a fine each year.

It's a money making scheme. Nothing more.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Thanks for burning down out country. I'm getting so fed up with the "Two party vote only options self fulfilling prophecy" BS everyone keeps buying into.

It's the only viable option, because you all keep making it so by refusing to start voting third party and sticking by it.

I'm also so sick of hearing the "Yeah well I voted third party once, and it got me nothing" excuse too. My father gave me that one.

Of course it does nothing if everyone only ever votes third party ONCE. For that to do anything the stars would have to align and everyone's one time token vote would have to happen in the same election. People need to start voting third party and KEEP voting third party, so that the pool of third party voters can keep growing over time.

A dog was elected governor once, a DOG!!! Because the people were fed up and voted for the dog as a protest vote.

A DOG... Your telling me people can get a dog elected as governor, but a non republican or democrat is just a fantasy?

And yes I'm aware the dog was never allowed to serve as governor, but he still won the damn election.

Please people stop voting the lesser evil, a slow death is still a death. Is like a damn cigarette addiction. You all know your killing yourselves, but hey at least your not smoking menthols.

Ugh so sick of the cancer that is the two party voters.

Addendum: The dog may have been elected mayor. I can't remember the exact position, but the point still stands.
edit on 7/30/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

so both of you guys are old?

also, are you trying to say that having a black president for the past 8 yrs was bad bc the racists were so upset that it fired up the racism in the country bc they could not stand having a black president?

so we should only have white male presidents so as to not make the racist mad?

I mean...lofl, seriously?

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

is your governor a republican?

sounds a lot like my state, im in a red state and by that I mean I have a republican governor.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

also, to say "his voters" have no real core values is as well, just your opinion

No, it's not my opinion. Obama voters did not hold his feet to his flames after lying about ending the wars...about extending the Patriot Act, about starting his own unauthorized military conflicts, his vote for FISA...

..the list goes on and on. When you have no real core values, you don't really care if you elect a fat lying pig.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join