It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JP II Comments & Fatima

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I have been trying to have a serious discussion or find someone who would be willing to to no avail. Hoping to find someone here...

JP II gave a speech earlier this week that was greatly unnoticed (IMO) by the MSM where he spoke of a major confrontation with good and evil to occur soon. www.worldnetdaily.com... This is the first time I can recall JP talking in such a manner and it struck me as odd - did anyone read about this? Any thoughts on his comments?

Also, when I compared some of the text to interviews with and letters by Sister Lucy (Fatima), www.fatima.org... , there was almost an exact same usage in language - a pivitol battle between good & evil. Would like to know what others think of this...

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
imo, I think the Pope is looking at the situation in the Middle East and sees it as being unstable, (right now, everything there is on the brink of something) and his comments are meant to address that.

I have always been unsatified with the Fatima prophecy "third revelation" and have felt that the Vatican has been hiding the true prophecy which probably hints at a third world war stemming from the area of the middle east.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
If what the pope says is true then that would put us in Revelation 12. After this description of Satan being thrown out of Heaven, we then find that the very next thing to happen is the rise of the beast from the sea. Yes, if he knows more than we do and is correct in his statement, then the amount of time left is really short.

Why was this 3rd Fatima such a secret if it spoke of nothing more than a pope being killed? Where did the pile of corpses that the pope walks past come from? Unanswered questions.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I have listened to the good Fr. Gruner many times.
The secrets of Fatima are a blessed warning to us all that shouldn't be ignored. The loss of Faith is the evil we should fear. The loss of Faith lowers our collective morals, allowing moral degeneration, violence, abuse, etc. to become socially acceptable on a global scale. (ie: A war is just another fist fight. Something interesting to watch on TV.)

Satan is in a last ditch fight to cause this and is apparently succeeding. He will not win though, in so doing he bring on his own final destruction at the hands of Jesus.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The official text of the Third Secret of Fatima has been published by the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (Originally known as the 'Inquisition')

After the two parts which I have already explained, at the left of Our Lady and a little above, we saw an Angel with a flaming sword in his left hand; flashing, it gave out flames that looked as though they would set the world on fire; but they died out in contact with the splendour that Our Lady radiated towards him from her right hand: pointing to the earth with his right hand, the Angel cried out in a loud voice: ‘Penance, Penance, Penance!'. And we saw in an immense light that is God: ‘something similar to how people appear in a mirror when they pass in front of it' a Bishop dressed in White ‘we had the impression that it was the Holy Father'. Other Bishops, Priests, men and women Religious going up a steep mountain, at the top of which there was a big Cross of rough-hewn trunks as of a cork-tree with the bark; before reaching there the Holy Father passed through a big city half in ruins and half trembling with halting step, afflicted with pain and sorrow, he prayed for the souls of the corpses he met on his way; having reached the top of the mountain, on his knees at the foot of the big Cross he was killed by a group of soldiers who fired bullets and arrows at him, and in the same way there died one after another the other Bishops, Priests, men and women Religious, and various lay people of different ranks and positions. Beneath the two arms of the Cross there were two Angels each with a crystal aspersorium in his hand, in which they gathered up the blood of the Martyrs and with it sprinkled the souls that were making their way to God.

Vatican text of Third Secret of Fatima

The Our Lady of the Roses - Bayside Prophecies site tells another side of the story ...

"My children, there are forces now loosed upon your earth. They abyss is wide open now. 666 has entered in full force upon your earth. His agents now are in the Vatican. They have captured some of the highest seats in the hierarchy. They have taken over many governments. They are bringing the nations to the edge of destruction" ...

"Satan, Lucifer in human form, entered into Rome in the year 1972. He cut off the rule, the role of the Holy Father, Pope Paul VI. Lucifer has controlled Rome and continues this control now.

Third secret explained

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I have many concerns regarding hidden prophecies.
Does the Church hang on to them until an event which broadly fits it .
Or does the Church release the prophecy and if it doesn't happen well problems both ways

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I agree that the third secret the Vatican stated does not follow in the context of the proceeding two. It appears a bit of a let-down in a way, considering that Sister Lucy would not/could not reveal the third for so very long. My thought is running along the lines of a major moral decline which some would say did start in the 1960's and has definitely affected the world. When the EU cannot even agree on putting God in their constitution and people cannot fully trust their own clergy anymore, along with the other very obvious and numerous displays of declining morality, one would be inclined to consider that these events were more to what Sister Lucy was intimating in her letters.

Do you feel that the Pope is 'a man with a mission'? He seems very determined in his work despite his ailments - almost driven. Do you think he knows more and this statement from this week is his way of hinting? Understandably, the Pope cannot walk around with an End of the World sign, so maybe this is his way of intimating we need to be more vigilant? Have you heard or seen anything else that would provide more documentation to such?

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Thank you Pisky and DBates for the links - they helped provide much needed background and a further deeper understanding of the situation.

Could one say that the scandal that has hit the Church over the past couple of years and that we all know is so widespread be the meaning of warnings that Satan has entered into Rome? I am concerned, too, that some of the more senior members at the Vatican are willing to water down the faith in order to make the Church more appealing to the masses. Any thoughts?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by quiet watcher
I have been trying to have a serious discussion or find someone who would be willing to to no avail. Hoping to find someone here...

..... , there was almost an exact same usage in language - a pivitol battle between good & evil. Would like to know what others think of this...

Thank you.

sorry, i'm not one for serious discussion,
just signaling interest.

deducing that the Popes' health & advanced parkinsons has effectively
eliminated his(JP2d) power of decision & veto
...the Jesuit inner circle who cares for the Papacy and manages church affairs,
also wrote/directed/authored the Jan 13th speech [ your 1st link] and controls/directs the Vatican, Papacy, church....

??Is this inner circle the "Council of the Crown" referenced in the Popes message??

I have a serious disconnect with the Appirition & Message->
the church not heeding the decree to publicize the 'secret' by 1960 !->
& the church leaking small sanitized portions of the message over 45 years->

for instance the 1984 interview (see your link #2)
...Cardinal RATZINGER* confirmed the conclusion when he said the final part of the secret speaks of "dangers threatening the faith and life of christians, therefore the world"

i surmise, the inner circle of the Vatican, has long had the mindset
->>as presented in Jack Nicholsons' cross examination scene

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Food for thought, St Udo, thank you. It could be very much that they feel we could not handle the truth. How many times have those in the know or in power withheld information 'to protect the ignorant masses'.

Given JP's declining health, maybe he does know he is reaching the end of his time. I realize the inner circle controls a great deal of what he says, but he strikes me as a man who would not say something he did not mean. So would it be that the inner circle will not let him say too much?

With regard to the serious discussion - did not mean it to come across too harsh.
Just have a hard time talking to others about these issues as they tend to look at me a bit strange, but then again, maybe they have cause to..

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I guess we might see the fruition of the 3rd Fatima secret in regards to the Pope, maybe in our lifetime. According to Fr. Malachy, who listed the Popes, there will only be 2 more after JPII.

www.catholic-pages.com...

[edit on 20-1-2005 by UnBreakable]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by quiet watcher
I am concerned, too, that some of the more senior members at the Vatican are willing to water down the faith in order to make the Church more appealing to the masses. Any thoughts?

This does seem to herald the beginning of the 'Great Apostasy' as prophecied by various Biblical sources.

www.contenderministries.org...

www.eschatology.org...

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
His prediction will be placed in the archives along with the thousands of others who through the ages speak this repent the time is at hand nonsense. Someone, someday, just before some devastating event takes place, like the implosion of our sun, can actually be credited for saying...aha! I told you so!

As for the Fatima visions, not by any stretch of the imagination did they predict what he has declared they did.

What John Paul probably sees is a weakening of the wealth in the Vatican bank, and there is no better way than to rally the troops by inciting fear and invoking that fire and brimstone rhetoric to have them fill the pews on Sunday.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
IMO, the Worldnet article takes the Pope's words out of context. The article suggests that the Pope makes an explicit prophecy. However, if you actually read what the Pope says, you will clearly see that he was only trying to explain scripture. At least, this is how I read it.

www.vatican.va...

new topics

top topics

join