It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the soul useless?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Animals can live just fine without a soul. Human souls can cause havoc when they are disembodied (refer to cases of ‘’poltergeists’’ and possession) and there’s also alleged cases of souls malfunctioning and spontaneously incinerating people’s bodies. In other words the soul seems to do more bad than good. Also the fact I am rebelling against having a soul by posting this topic, suggests to me it's a separate entity or parasitic in nature.
edit on 30-7-2016 by 1MisterLeonard1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: 1MisterLeonard1

What makes you think Animals aren't soul?

We ARE soul, we don't have one.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

What makes you think Animals aren't soul?

We ARE soul, we don't have one.

If we are soul, how come I'm rebelling against the idea of a soul?

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

How many people--with souls, we presume--have died since day one of the human race?

How many have shown themselves to be perverted? I'll let you do the math.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

How many people--with souls, we presume--have died since day one of the human race?

I don't get your gist.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
No, the soul is not useless, but you may be. Your soul is bigger than you are. You are but a single manifestation of your soul, which likely has had many. You're just the latest on a long line who has some sort of purpose, but we don't know exactly what. Perhaps it is only to serve as a warning to others. Your soul can't "malfunction" and burn you up. That's just a story. Your soul is not parasitic in nature though you may be to it. I don't know where you got these notions that you keep posting over and over again, but I suggest you need to embark on a reading program that will educate you on some of these issues. I might suggest "The Nature of Personal Reality" by Jane Roberts as a good introduction on this subject.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

The soul is a symbiotic relationship, between your body and your mind its something that needs to be nurtured..

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Your soul can't "malfunction" and burn you up. That's just a story.

It's rare but it has happened.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Ah, i have to inform you that animals DO have a soul, i have been around enough departed animals to know, and my mother (who was very spiritual) often heard & felt her beloved pets around her. She was blind, so she could not see what most of us think of as 'not there'...they were there, i felt them, i heard them.
You may be surprised to learn that even i, as super moral scientist/super debunker etc, even give credence to the thought. But i do.
I have had what you might call an NDE, i was dead for a while. I saw a lot of truths on that day, certainly a spiritual experience but i retain my scientifically mind nonetheless.
I will say just one thing; what we call 'death' is but the beginning of a journey, not the end.
Once you are free of your body you can go anywhere, anywhen, anytime you want.

I kind of figured this out, before it actually happened, so i guess i was prepped for what happened next.

Surviving that taught me a lot, and maybe i will live long enough to pass on some of that info, who knows?

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1MisterLeonard1

May I ask how do you know this and when did it happen

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

No our Soul can never be described as useless.

If it exists it is however severely retarded or limited in this reality.

Our soul matrix is possibly linked to humanity's group consciousness.

End of the day we are possibly all two heads of the one coin, and the flip is how we perceive life and reality.

Think Plato's cave analogy only infinitely more complex.

Aside from Christianity what makes you think animals don't have a soul?

How do you intemperate the conundrum of predestination versus freewill?
edit on 30-7-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: imod02

News article
www.newspapers.com...

There's other cases like this as well. To burn a body to ash in just minutes requires a temperature outside of what biological or chemical processes could exert. It also never happens to animals.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I don't get your gist.

Didn't do the math did ya?

Billions and billions have lived since humans appeared. How many bad ones can you count?

(Schuyler, I knew Jane Roberts back in the 1980s she was sorta in our UFO group. I think I still have some of her personal story stuck somewhere. She had a troubled time.)

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: imod02

News article
www.newspapers.com...

There's other cases like this as well. To burn a body to ash in just minutes requires a temperature outside of what biological or chemical processes could exert. It also never happens to animals.

This has been explaned by science many many times it has nothing to do with the soul, if you check the net you will find your statment is wrong about the temptures

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Only a few cases can be explained using the wick effect.

The wick effect is a slow burning and can take HOURS to destroy a body to ash.
These cases, the person was reduced to ash in mere minutes. So it was not the wick effect or even a chemical process for that matter.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
This should help you tikbalang, sorry 1MisterLeonard1
skeptoid.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Bodies have burned up, but there is no proof whatsoever that the "soul" was responsible. Don't believe everything you read.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: imod02

Science and spirituality or physics and metaphysics are not quite as diametrically apposed as they may seem.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Skeptoid only refers to cases that are explainable using the wick effect.
As I've said over a million times now, I'm referring to cases where the poor victim was reduced to ash in minutes. No chemical fire (including the wick effect which takes HOURS, *HOURS* to burn a body down to ash) can burn a body to ash in just -minutes-.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

(Schuyler, I knew Jane Roberts back in the 1980s she was sorta in our UFO group. I think I still have some of her personal story stuck somewhere. She had a troubled time.)

Very cool. I've read all her books. I know she had rheumatoid arthritis and was bed ridden toward the end of her life. Seemed such a shame that she had to go through with that. I know there are "alternative explanations" for her experiences, but still consider the book I cited as a fascinating read.
edit on 7/30/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join