It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton or Trump ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
At first, I deeply felt that Trump would be an outsider and shake things up in a good manner.
Now, I absolutely do not think he's a good idea for the country.

But do NOT read that as a sign that I am pro Clinton. I wish her a hot death. Both her and her husband. Their trail of murder and lies goes back through the decades. And yes, I am exaggerating my wish for them of a "hot death". Politically speaking, I wish them a hot death. To go down in flames, and be identified as the horrible leeches on the american underbelly that they are. To once and for all be known as being cold, calculating, and callous individuals who should have never been given the power of the offices they've held.

What I am writing about here, is a problem with the system. And a problem with the body of people that are ruled by the system.

Why is it that people here in America are so easily cataloged and corralled into one of two camps? Why is it that we are so easily fooled into falling for an obvious scam that is perpetrated on us every single day of our lives?

I've been told many times that my vote mattered. That it "counts". I've been told many times that if I wanted to become the POTUS, that I could. I've been told that our government has nothing but our best interests at heart.

All of these notions have been placed in the collective closet of lies, and locked away. I have no concrete proof of said lies, but rather, it is my own gut instinct that tells me this. But I've been around long enough to know what feces smells like.

We have been given two options. Sure, there are other political parties out there, but they are all but ignored by today's MSM. That, in today's day and age, is the death knell for any hopes or aspirations. That leaves us with a very tailored choice between two. Allow me to correct myself, we are given the illusion of two. The illusion that covers up the true cycle of reality. 4-8 years of one extreme, followed by 4-8 years of the other. I am no expert on political history, but in my time on this earth I do not remember a time where one group made it into office with different contestants more than two times in a row. My opinion is that the cycle itself has been tailored to suit the very needs
of those who are actually in power. The ones who pull the strings.

Sports all have chosen colors. Theme songs. Slogans. Diversionary spectacles. So does modern day politics. Am I the only one that sees this as our very own Bread & Circuses, but only this time, corporate branded and with glitzy commercials to give us a chance to go grab a soda?

I am also of the opinion that the very idea that we still have an electoral college is a humorous one. In today's age of technology, the electoral college is vestigial at best.

I would like to ask each one of you reading this, to attempt to challenge yourself. Look at what you're being told, and sold. Does "your" party actually stand to address the collective needs of the United States? Pick an alternative candidate. Follow their path. Do you even begin to think that they get what would possibly be considered fair or balanced media coverage? And then, when it comes to MSM.... honestly. Think about it. Who owns the outlet you flock to? What monetary interests do they possibly have? Would you honestly feel it is in their best interest to be fair to all contestants? Do you think they are actually portraying truth, or do you think otherwise?

One last thing I've heard endless times.... "It's your God Given Duty as an American to vote!".

Wrong.

It is your duty, as an American, to think critically. To be bold enough to make your opinions known, and counted. To vote for the candidate whom you honestly think has America in it's best interest rather than simply voting for the lesser of two evils.

I do realize all too well the opposition my statements here are going to receive. I've heard it long before many of you were born.

If platitudes work for you, great. If not....think. For yourself.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I will say this.

A person that did not STEAL their nomination, or rigged their elections is EXACTLY what this country needs.

What we don't need Putins, Assads, and Saddams. CLintons.

NOT HERE.

Trump!

Dump the kleptocrats.
edit on 30-7-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Giant Asteroid is gaining in the polls though... So you never know.
I'm voting for Giant Asteroid myself, even it that equals a vote for Trump or Hillary, oh well.

Giant Asteroid vows to wipe out the IRS, our national debt, our nation, all on day one!

Giant Asteroid 2016
Just Make It Quick!

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Neither.

There are others out there who are just as "qualified" as Trump, or as Clinton.

But, somehow, because they're not R or D, or even L, they're lesser "qualified".

What, pray, qualifies someone to be President of the United States?

The only thing I know about the upcoming pageant is neither Clinton nor Trump are the most beautiful. My current choice, Johnson, isn't a lock, either. I've three months to make my decision...and it won't be based on the flashiest commercials, or the coolest websites.

I'll probably end of holding my nose, as there is no one candidate that speaks to my needs/wants entirely...all of 'em have issues.

Honestly, I don't care who you vote for, just vote informed.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I've considered the game rigged ever since November 22, 1963, and after following Gary Johnson's candidacy back in early 2012 when he was a Republican who couldn't get the time of day from the media, and was banned from most debates as 'the pot candidate' I've seen the media manipulation first hand.

The MSM is owned by the same companies that love war and make lots of money on it. And our tax money goes to support the Pentagon which goes to the media, which ... Wall Street/Pentagon. Round and round it goes.

Either we're wising up fast enough that they'll have to further crash the economy, or the Tree of Liberty will end up getting a good watering. Either one is not going to be pretty, or organized.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
To be totally honest, I'm not thrilled with Trump, but I see him as the lesser of two evils. If Trump can even manage to accomplish a quarter of what he promised I'd be happy and look for a third party to build strength for the next election. But first we have to block clinton, she gets in and there will be no chance for this country to recover.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Chance321

In all reality, my point was...don't settle for the blatantly hand picked choices we've been given.

The very idea of voting for the lesser of two evils, is exactly what is being depended on. That, and the idea that we somehow MUST choose one or the other.

I would love to see the looks on their faces when people finally wake up. When they simply decide that enough is enough, and the voter turn out is zero.

A vote for the lesser of two evils is not a vote at all. It is a rather sad joke.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
For me it comes down to Trump can likely be controlled by those around him and due to his lack of political experience will have to consult. Clinton will only do what is best for Clinton, has been in the game so long she knows every trick in the book (so she won't have to consult anyone and never will, unless it's to see how much money she can get), so there will be ZERO controls on her despotism.

TRUMP 2016

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: antiguaEstrella

But we have to have a country before we can get a third party candidate in. A vote for a third party now would hand the election to clinton and an end to this country as we know it. So it does for now come down to a vote of the lesser of two evils.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I am in utter shock.

I cannot begin to think, even for a moment, that the majority of you even read what I had to say. It only furthers my point.

Sad, sheeple. Sad.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
To be honest, I find myself supporting Trump in these threads more often than not. Yes, I have attacked him too and may do so here in your thread. Though, no matter how hard I try to find some way to defend Hillary, I can never find anything legitimately. Every road leads to different dark conspiracies! I find in good conscience, I can never vote for her!

Trump still has me concerned. I have to wonder if he figured out how the Clinton's were getting rich. Aka...insider knowledge and lucrative money laundering through their foundation...that he being the businessman who can see a huge money making opportunity, not just for him...but for his kids too... Ahem... He just hijacked the Clinton Cash Cart with his Trump Train!?! You see what AI am saying?

Tough call! Johnson is the closest candidate being on 50 states ballots, but I really don't believe he is even ready for the politics in DC...let alone global Politics! Sigh. November is coming fast and I am still trying to soothe my conscious!

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Trump/Pence 2016

I say Mr. Trump march straight to the White House and kick that POS and his man wife out right NOW.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
So, why is it that no one ever worries about the politicians until elections?

You want to know why we only have Trump and Clinton? It's because that's who the people voted for.

I know it's a tough thing for people to admit, but the only reason things are the way they are in our Government and elections, is because WE THE PEOPLE have allowed it to become this way. We have constitutional power to make this government how we want it, but people are so divided that all we ever do is bicker.

Pick a random sampling of folks and ask their opinion of Politicians. I can pretty much guarantee that at least 99% will reply with the standard: All liars, You can't believe anything they say, They're only in it for themselves, etc. . . Yet WE THE PEOPLE keep electing these individuals, most with no real life experience other than knowing how to manipulate people. They never have to suffer or worry about money or retirement. Most don't have a clue or even care about how their constituents are getting along. They don't live in the same reality as us. We've elevated these individuals to quasi-royalty status. All they need to do is say some stuff that we want to hear and we're all gushing over how wonderful they are.

We watch staged interviews with them and believe the stupid scripted responses to scripted questions. We allow them to dance around the issues and applaud them when we know they're FOS.

I mean, who really thinks that the policies of the last oh 16-24 years has been good for our people? The economy is in the shi**er, if you don't believe that, just look at the markets and need I remind you that we're over 19 TRILLION (that's a 19 with TWELVE zeros after it!) in debt and going even deeper under our policies.

There's only 1 non-politician who says he wants to address OUR issues, bring work to OUR people, make OUR lives better. He's not telling us that even though things in this country are falling apart, we need to focus all our efforts on the REST OF THE WORLD.

Our Great country is a mere shadow of the Excellence it used to be. The country where anyone could come and become anything they wanted to be if they worked hard enough. We've degenerated into squabbling and fighting with each other over race, gender, sexual preference etc. Anything to distract from what is really going on.

We've lost respect worldwide and our Government has become arrogant and abusive to its' citizens.

We've been electing and re-electing these political hacks for too long. We need to stop raising these hacks to Royalty/Celebrity status. Most of these people could never live life like you and I do, their only skills are people manipulation skills. Most don't have a clue what real labor actually is.

To me the choice is easy, I'm willing to give an experienced businessman 4 years to try and fix things. Compared to the experienced career politicians who aren't even smart enough to properly hide their lies and shady dealings.

One final point, whomever gets elected, if they don't improve things noticeably in 4 years get rid of them!

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

it doesn't matter.

We're heading towards an authoritarian state.

Might as well have fun before they f### us all!

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I would like to vote for Gary Johnson. However, I am in a swing state. If it was Clinton and some other GOP candidate I would just vote Johnson knowing he has no chance but that worst comes to worst we get a bad, President, the nation has gotten past plenty of them. When you ad Trump to the equation it looks like disaster. A man who rates lower than Putin in global opinion, who does not understand how the government or the Constitution work. Who every economist says would be disaster for the US economy. This would be beyond a bad President.

And I know many people feel he would just be impeached right away as he will do something stupid and both parties hate him so the votes would be their easily in Congress. Or that since he can not create a bill and nobody in Congress will do it for him and Congress would refuse to fund any of his EOs and they would have enough support that they could over ride his veto, so we would have 4 years where a united in hate of Trump Congress would be running the nation.

With those sorts of things to look forward to, if my state is in play I will vote for Clinton to stop Trump. If not the it is Johnson.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
On the contrary, Trump is the best candidate in decades, not only for the US, but also her allies. Compare his success rate, leadership, transparency, and willingness to listen to the people, and you might notice it exceeds any candidate in recent history.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

The problem with blaming the 'system' for these two candidates is one of them is there in defiance of that system.

Trump is there be taking that 'system' on and winning.....via those disgusted by that system. Merely because YOU don't like Trump doesn't mean any more than....you don't like Trump....

I like Trump. Point your finger at me and those of my ilk for Trump, I will take a bow.....

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
I would like to vote for Gary Johnson. However, I am in a swing state. If it was Clinton and some other GOP candidate I would just vote Johnson knowing he has no chance but that worst comes to worst we get a bad, President, the nation has gotten past plenty of them. When you ad Trump to the equation it looks like disaster. A man who rates lower than Putin in global opinion, who does not understand how the government or the Constitution work. Who every economist says would be disaster for the US economy. This would be beyond a bad President.

And I know many people feel he would just be impeached right away as he will do something stupid and both parties hate him so the votes would be their easily in Congress. Or that since he can not create a bill and nobody in Congress will do it for him and Congress would refuse to fund any of his EOs and they would have enough support that they could over ride his veto, so we would have 4 years where a united in hate of Trump Congress would be running the nation.

With those sorts of things to look forward to, if my state is in play I will vote for Clinton to stop Trump. If not the it is Johnson.

Very deftly dancing around the tulips. In the end the transformation or not of America comes down to one and only one thing, Supreme Court Justices. It will effect the generations of voter age people today and multiple generations in diapers and those unborn to come.

edit on 30-7-2016 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Precisely.

Voting against, or almost as bad, voting because their candidate is a democrat/republican and for no other reason.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

That's what so sad and sick about our country.

Our freedoms are contingent on the political whims of some justices?

#### that.

As long as I'm not infringing on the rights of others, everyone else can go pound sand.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join