It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God and Other Worlds...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Note: I am a Catholic. But I do have different views than some catholic views.

God created the Universe. In the Univers he created Earth. The only planet we know of with life on it. Does anyone relaly believe this is the only planet with human like creatures on it??? For this topic let it be established that there are other worlds with human like creatures on them.

With these other worlds with other humans on them do you think God had Jesus visit them at one time to heal them of thier sin??? Would they even have sin? Maybe God would create another story different from this planets. OR maybe there is another planet out there exactly the same as this one. Just set in a different time.

This topic is open for discussion. Please post information or comments you have on it.

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 01:15 AM
link   
There's a tv series called ''Sliders'' great show!

I cannot possibly beleive in a planet that has existence of Creatures of any sort.....

That is my opinion.......although a few years back I did think differently!
helen.

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 08:05 PM
link   
whats life without sin

everything that makes you feel good is bad for you, depending on your preferences.

and by the way....whats the hype with all these catholic priests screwing around with young innocent boys. how can you preclaim yourself a catholic and still be proud of the faith when your preachers are pimpin children.

its all sick and twisted.

the more you bury your head in the bible, the worse your perception of thruth will be.

that goes for all religion

its selfish and egosentric to think we are the only planet with life on it.

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 08:08 PM
link   

the more you bury your head in the bible, the worse your perception of thruth will be.

Not all religions believe that we are the only beings in the Universe.
As massive as the universe is, how can their not be life on other planets.
Its just a matter of finding them not wether they actaully exist or not.
Deep

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by kitty

whats life without sin

everything that makes you feel good is bad for you, depending on your preferences.

and by the way....whats the hype with all these catholic priests screwing around with young innocent boys. how can you preclaim yourself a catholic and still be proud of the faith when your preachers are pimpin children.

its all sick and twisted.

its selfish and egosentric to think we are the only planet with life on it.

If someone of your family does something really bad ,does that make you the same as them?

What each person does is of their own 'free will'
(To a certain extent! )

Quote//the more you bury your head in the bible, the worse your perception of thruth will be.

that goes for all religion/////

Um......you cannot say that!

You yourself make a choice in what you do and say......
Only people find it easier to put the 'blame' on someone else because it suits them better .....it takes the guilt away(it pretends to ) for an amount of time to make one feel better.....
Because many people dont want aknowledge their own faults, people tend to find faults with others.....and that makes them feel a bit better in their own faults!
I do beleive that people in certain 'high' positions think they they can get away from doing whatever they think is 'right' but it does not make it ''truth''

What is your perception of Truth.......kitty?
You cannot tell someone what your perception of truth is......it differs to each person.........although it may not be 'Real Truth' it is a choice that one has made!
Truth is distorted today and because many accept 'truth'' in whatever form it shows itself,it becomes a part of you and willingly you accept it as fact .......
Not being able to distinguish fact from fiction......or Right from wrong is how the world is for many.......
We have become accustomed to living in a modern society and having things at our finger tips...that when truth comes along......we dismiss it as being a passing phase .......one that will become a distant reality.......a void!

Why are we being selfish quote//its selfish and egosentric to think we are the only planet with life on it.

Why.......are we hurting their feelings?
If we are........then why do they not show themselves!
Maybe they are truly hiding something of which is true reality!
What is it that they do not wish us to know ?
Are they what many people seem to think they are?
Are they aliens.......that have feelings and form like us?
Or are they realy something which in reality if they came we would know who they realy are???

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 09:17 AM
link   
First of all, interesting questions.

I find nothing in the Bible that precludes the existence of life elsewhere. Basically you've got OUR history, not anybody else's; heck not even all of OURS. So with that established...

As you well knew when you asked the question, all you're going to get is opinions and speculation, which are pretty fun.

I speculate that if there is another species out there that was "made in the image of God" (and I read that as free-moral agents with both a spirit and a soul), that they may very well have not f***ed up the way we did. That would preclude the necessity for a saviour.

But, then again, they may be as big a batch of Goobers as we are!!! And seeing as God has plenty of mercy to go around, yeah, they probably are being given their second chance as well.

This is one of the questions I'm gonna ask some day

[Edited on 22-6-2003 by Valhall]

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I believe that there are other species out there.
Some more advanced than us, some not.

The Universe is a big place and take the law of averages and it seems logical that we are not alone.

Whether or not other races would believe in God is hard to tell.

Some might have actually discovered their God. Some might have evolved with a similar belief system to our own, some might be atheists and some might have no concept of a supreme being.

That's the way it works with people down here. Why should it be any different up there?

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Hello,

And Kitty. Not all priests are bad but the only reason they are being singled out is because they are priests. They're is a large crowd of older men that molest children but they have one night on TV and then its over. When a priest (you know a priest the man with no temptation cause hes not a mere human hes a soldier of god who has no tempation) molests a kid its all over the news for months. Just because many people have it out for catholics. Off that subject.

Thanks for all your opinions everyone. Please keep posting.

Nightwalker

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 12:38 PM
link   
this topic is too deep for me
i guess to each his own

im just sick of hearing about religion

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by kitty
this topic is too deep for me
i guess to each his own

im just sick of hearing about religion

Same here.. many people have their own different, sometimes sick and twisted views.

As for everything thats good being sin.. well, only on this damned world. In God's kingdom there is justice and eternal joy.

top topics

join