It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Fantasy Football

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Oh, I'm always up for picks. I may not be really good at them, but they're fun all the same. It's sort of like playing poker. I do all right at it until I get tired of always folding ... then I start playing hands I know I should fold because I'm bored and want to play cards ... after that, it's all downhill.

I imagine fantasy football would look a lot the same, but I'd give it a shot.

edit on 30-7-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I would be game, but since the league size is so small, why don't we tweak the rules a bit...say maybe each player picks a team and uses their fantasy numbers?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

Confused om what you are getting at here?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Instead of having a league wide draft of individual players, pick a team and use those results from that team's players for points

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Ohh, ok I see what you are saying.

Thought you meant pick a team of players and use the points.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Ohh, ok I see what you are saying.

Thought you meant pick a team of players and use the points.

nope lol. I'll be a leader and go first...I'll pick the Steelers.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I will guess that we will have atleast 8 people within the next week or two ( seems like 6 are in, 1 on the fence currently).

As many as some may think having too many player options is not competitive or fun, i find it may actually be more difficult to win and the league is more competitive.

More teams in a league means less players to choose from. NFL is obviously a injury riddled league so one of your top picks is hurt you may have to replace him with a guy who doesn't even get playing time.

As well as even having top players healthy doesn't guarantee you points that week. Many a time ( especially WR) you start your top drafted guy and get zero points and a late round guy on your bench goes for 25 points. Injuries in a big league make people stop playing their team and being competitive because there are no more free agent players that will make them competitive.

My 2 cents.

Also,

A certain worldwide sports network ( I'll with hold name) has a good FREE fantasy football league online.

I don't like their politics, their stance on deflate gate, firing Bill Simmons, or firing curt schilling ( guess where I'm from?) but the online league is good and I have a membership and can set up a private league for nil if it helps.

Slante'

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I usually do straight up(someone will) but fantasy is cool. Here's my fantasy.... the Niners win the SB. I don't think even Genie could make that one happen.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Any word on the league. No rush. Just wondering.

Thanks,

a reply to: rockintitz

top topics

<< 1   >>

join