It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daredevil to attempt jumping out of plane at 25,000 feet without a parachute

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I wonder i f the net will cut him in dices like a tom and jerry cartoon

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

And how big is the net?

Hopefully big enough.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

The obvious difference is that one is focused on dying and the other one on surviving.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Nearby, a pair of huge cranes defines the boundaries where the net in which Aikins expects to land is being erected. It will be about one-third the size of a football field and 20 stories high, providing enough space to cushion his fall, he says, without allowing him to bounce out of it. The landing target, which has been described as similar to a fishing trawler net, has been tested repeatedly using dummies.

One of those 200-pound (91-kilogram) dummies didn't bounce out. It crashed right through.

has been tested repeatedly using dummies.

Lol.
edit on 30-7-2016 by TheMaxHeadroomIncident because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Its happened in real life more than once over the years...without a net, and unplanned when someone's chute failed, the 2nd emergency one failed as well...and they lived to tell the story.

Only...no net

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I would give him a less than 5% chance of surviving an a less than .003 chance of doing it with out injury. I hope I'm wrong and he's a hero.

link   

Make it or not, he'll be needing clean underwear.

link   

PS I just looked-YouTube off of Bing has 8 survival videos...and quite a few more separate stories in one search

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I bet it will have a 10 second delay just in case.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMaxHeadroomIncident

Nearby, a pair of huge cranes defines the boundaries where the net in which Aikins expects to land is being erected. It will be about one-third the size of a football field and 20 stories high, providing enough space to cushion his fall, he says, without allowing him to bounce out of it. The landing target, which has been described as similar to a fishing trawler net, has been tested repeatedly using dummies.

One of those 200-pound (91-kilogram) dummies didn't bounce out. It crashed right through.

has been tested repeatedly using dummies.

Lol.

About to be tested by one more dummy.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Also the winds are a non-factor, just like with the Red Bull jump... they will have weather men from all over the region feeding them information, if the winds are exceptionally high they dont jump.

They will wait till the weather is perfect... heck even drop zones for regular jumps have no qualms at shutting things down if the winds are high.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Prime Darwin contender here....

He's either going to be remembered as

The guy with balls of steel who safely achieved jumping from a plane from 25,000feet with nothing but his clothes

OR

The absolute moron who jumped out of a plane from 25,000feet with nothing but his clothes

It's a case of walking that fine line between heroic/brave and downright stupid

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I would have thought from 25,000 feet up, even a slight breeze would be enough to blow him off course by a great margin, never mind high winds.

Just how big is the net going to be anyway?

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: hubrisinxs

I hope he hits the net; we don't need a new deep web video.

It will be cool and awesome if he lands in the net; it will be sad and gross if he doesn't.

I will be watching, neat find. Thanks

What does a guy smell like after jumping out of a plane from 25000 feet with no parachute or wing suit?

Depends...

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The net will break?

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I think some of you're forgetting it said he's done 18,000 jumps and worked with elite skydivers. They probably know what the chances are and think they're good enough. BUT I really like the poster who said they're going to test the net with one more dummy. Lol.

I think a lot of these daredevils aren't in it just to survive, like someone else said. They're in it to ride on the edge. I don't care what BS excuse they give. They're trying to bend the rules of what "safe" is. They get a thrill from testing the limits.
edit on 7/30/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Terminal velocity won't be that far above what some bungee jumpers experience.
Skydivers can maneuver but its so hard to know your real position and velocity?

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Trump supporter?

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Crazy bastard if you ask me, but all the power to him.

Think there was a WW2 tail gunner who fell/jumped from his aircraft at 18,000ft without his parachute landing in bog land, sustaining only cuts and bruises all the same. So he wont really be the first person to achieve such a feat, just the first to willingly attempt such an act.
edit on 30-7-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMaxHeadroomIncident

Still sounds like a dummy test.

No way in Hell am I going to watch this Bread and Circus stunt.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join