It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When even the Chinese mocks Brazil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
The Australian Olympic team said quote:

"We want them to feel at home here," Eduardo Paes said. "I almost feel like putting a kangaroo to jump up and down in front of their building."

"we do not need kangaroos, we need plumbers to account for the many puddles found in the apartments."

But the Chinese team took the camera out and started laughing

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Must have been paranormal. Or Chinese don't have shower curtains, don't know how to adjust the spring tension on the bar by unscrewing it.

Further shout out to the 'Murica' crowd, that shower curtain was probably made in China.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Who wants to bet that tension rod was made in China?

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I like this Rio 2016 promo.

edit on 7 30 2016 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
If I were an athlete I wouldn't go near that cesspool.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
It's sad that Brazil was robbed, raped and plundered by the World Bank, and thrown into poverty. It is an absurd place for the Olympics, in so....so many ways.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Cross Fire

As part of its push to improve security ahead of the Olympics, Rio installed so-called police pacification units in 38 favelas. Their intent was less to capture drug traffickers than to reclaim territory. With crime now on the rise, Amnesty International responded with its own mapping tool: an app called Cross Fire to monitor shootouts in the city. About 33,000 cariocas – as Rio’s residents are called – downloaded it in the three weeks since its release this month.

In the period, about 650 gunfights were fed into the app by its users. They see a black map of Rio dotted with colored symbols indicating the severity and nature of the shooting. Submissions are screened and verified by Cross Fire before the map is updated.

“As far as numbers, there really have been more shootouts than we imagined,” Cecilia Olliveira, Cross Fire’s data manager, said in an interview. “The app’s use has really surprised us.”
Source

ETA: You wouldn't be able to coerce me into traveling there ... even if I could legally carry and shoot anyone behaving suspiciously on-sight.

edit on 3072016 by Snarl because: ETA

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Me either, I am a regular viewer of LiveLeak.

If you are brave do a Brazil search over there.

Not for the faint of heart.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
SPAM removed by admin
edit on Jul 30th 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join