It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Russia Sending Jihadis to Join ISIS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I found this article from a year ago while doing reading up on another thread, I'm not surprised that this never popped up here, too many Putin apologists here for this, and I also expect this thread to get largely ignored, but gotta try, right?

The article is from TheDailyBeast, a fairly reputable source, and not MSM, so it will be difficult to just dismiss this because it's some sort of biased source (people still will though)

Here's a few snippets as it's quite a long read..

Based on extensive fieldwork in one village in the North Caucasus, reporter Elena Milashina has concluded that the “Russian special services have controlled” the flow of jihadists into Syria, where they have lately joined up not only with ISIS but other radical Islamist factions. In other words, Russian officials are adding to the ranks of terrorists which the Russian government has deemed a collective threat to the security and longevity of its dictatorial ally on the Mediterranean, Bashar al-Assad.

It may sound paradoxical—helping the enemy of your friend—but the logic is actually straightforward: Better the terrorists go abroad and fight in Syria than blow things up in Russia. Penetrating and co-opting terrorism also has a long, well-attested history in the annals of Chekist tradecraft.

Elena Milashina writes for one of the few independent newspapers left in Russia, Novaya Gazeta.

“In our village there is a person, a negotiator. He, together with the FSB, brought several leaders out of the underground and sent them off abroad on jihad. The underground resistance has been weakened, we’re well off. They want to fight—let them fight, just not here.”

Milashina next interviews the “negotiator” Abdullaev mentions. He tells her of his role as an intermediary between the FSB and local militants in arranging the latter’s departure to the Levant. In 2012, for instance, he helped arrange for a man known as the “emir of the northern sector”—a “very dangerous man,” believed by the FSB to have been behind several terrorist bombings—to go to Turkey if he agreed to quit jihadism in Dagestan. The FSB gave the emir a passport and acted as his travel agent. The condition was that he’d deal exclusively with the FSB and not inform any of his confederates of his true sponsor. The emir has since been killed in Syria, but the “negotiator” tells the journalist that he’s subsequently brought another five militants to the FSB who benefited from the same quid pro quo arrangement. “This was in 2012,” he says. “Just before the Syrian path opened up. More precisely, [the FSB] opened it.”

So it appears in an effort to rid parts of Russia of jihadis, they make deals with them to go fight in Syria.

Later in the article it discusses the September 1999 apartment bombings on Russian civilians, where some 300 people died, but one bomb reportedly failed to go off..

Not long after 9 p.m. on September 22, 1999, residents of an apartment building in Ryazan, a city southeast of Moscow, reported three suspicious people leaving their basement and driving off in the same car. The residents went into the basement and discovered several large sacks typically used to carry sugar rigged with wiring and an electrical device. Ryazan police were called; the head of the local bomb squad declared the sacks were in fact a “live bomb.” They also tested positive for hexogen, a highly combustible agent that is both extremely difficult to obtain in Russia given its status as regulated by Russia’s “power ministries” (i.e. the police, intelligence, and military). It was also the same substance used in the previous apartment bombings. The detonator for the Ryazan bomb was set to activate at 5:30 a.m. Had it gone off, all 250 residents of the building would have likely been killed.

I encourage you to take the time to read the story..

www.thedailybeast.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   
So lets see, Russia takes jihadists, helps them move to Syria, they take there friends with them and then the Russians bomb the crap out of them. That works for me.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: imod02

Or let's America do it.

It's rather genius, but very wrong.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Now wouldn't that be Russia supporting the same jihadist movement that many on here demonize the US for doing...man do I love the hypocrisy that get's thrown around.

And just to add a little more to the story about Russia helping jihadists like ISIS...

www.thedailybeast.com...

Seems Russia is helping in more ways than one but claims to be fighting those they help.

Be ready for the fanboys to show up and argue that it is all a lie from western media.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   

I have no problem with the US doing it...if they want to die in the ME, I say let them go.

Just don't let them come back.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

There's no need for that, because the article shows absolutely zero proof.

Not much to discuss. Maybe you guys are willing to waste your time on assumptions, but I am not. When I see some concrete, credible evidence, then I will join in.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Sorry mate, I've got no youtube videos or RT sources for you...

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Really because Russia is helping the FSA in Syria...

mobile.reuters.com...

So I guess that's all speculation too.

Now can you provide anything to counter the claims made...because I don't see it.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Then you have nothing, because if they aren't the source it is obviously a lie...missed the memo I see...

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Russia is helping FSA fight against ISIS?

One time, it's Russians bombing all Assad's enemies, and now, it's Russia helping FSA? Make up your mind already, because I don't know what exactly is your stance.

And I never understood your logic. How can I counter a claim told by a journalist, who provided ZERO proof? What is there to counter?

Do you want me to say that it's not true? Because the only way to counter a claim, is with another claim.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   

And that changes what?

Are they helping jihadists in Syria that they are also fighting against to help Syria?

Are they helping jihadists with airstrikes because Putin himself says they are...it doesn't matter who they are fighting as they are helping the same people they are supposed to be fighting, and it is no secret Russia is supplying jihadists to fight in Syria.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I heard those speculations that there was a deal between the FSB and jihadists. If the deal was real, we can assume that both sides saw the benefits in such a deal: the FSB allowed them to leave the country to stop them from causing troubles here in Russia, and jihadists have seized the opportunity to try their luck in the war with pleasure.

Basically, I won't deny that I allow the existence of such a deal. From a safety point of view, sending several tens or hundreds of mercenaries from the country is a success (assuming that they'll be killed in the exile or simply won't be let back).

Anyway, it is much more silly and reckless to invite jihadists in your country than to banish them, isn't it?

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Nope. All States IS are terrorising in the Middle East are very friendly to Russia. The Russians are sparing no expense in the Syria campaign, and continue to donate advanced equipment to the Syrian and Iraqi militaries. Although I have no doubt some of their foreign terrorists came from Russia, they have a lot of problems with Saudi-backed Islamic Extremist groups. Particularly in the caucuses.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Nope. All States IS are terrorising in the Middle East are very friendly to Russia. The Russians are sparing no expense in the Syria campaign, and continue to donate advanced equipment to the Syrian and Iraqi militaries. Although I have no doubt some of their foreign terrorists came from Russia, they have a lot of problems with Saudi-backed Islamic Extremist groups. Particularly in the caucuses.

But from my point of view it is quite logical to try to push the Sunni Islamist to join the Jihad in Syria so that they can be killed on the battlefield or become problem for the west thru the migration waves, instead of having them an internal threat.

If they leave they can be rejected as civilians so they will not be an internal problem anymore. The problem I have with US is that they are whores of Babylon (Saudi Arabia) and support Sunni started civil wars where the Wahabbi are part of the Sunni side used so that US can intervene in the mess for geopolitical and economic interests. If they instead went after the Sunni culture that manifested 911 instead of attacking the enemies of the Wahabbis, Shia the middle east would probably be more peaceful.
edit on 30-7-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Russia is allowing internal Jihadists to migrate to Syria to join their Brothers-in-Arms = ISIS....

how refreshingly forthright and honest

At least Russia is not muddying-the-waters by saying the Muslim Jihadists in Russian lands are expatriating Russia to join "ISIL"............................... like the USAs madcap POTUS always blathers about.

Obama with the political-lawyer speak insists he is targeting ISIL (not IS/ISIS) which is 100% correct
because ISIL or even Daesh is totally NOT ISIS... www.nydailynews.com...
He (the WH) actually openly supports ISIS and their radical Jihad atrocities...which he underscores by ramping up the various 'Syrian Refugee Resettlement Programs' in the USA ~~~ under the False Flag of (feigned) Humanitarianism~
which Trump will be addressing in his uncovering-of-Hillary speeches as the campaigns progress

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

It is genius

It's more than just this I think

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Indeed, so why would they do such a thing if ISIS were a creation of the CIA.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Indeed, so why would they do such a thing if ISIS were a creation of the CIA.

To get rid of the problem that US and Saudi Arabia co created? Pushing the fundamentalism and building pro Wahhabi Mosque is Saudi Arabia:s part that can be used as a terror problem for US to send in troops in the geopolitical game.

US citizens are being used instead of going after the problem who created 911.
edit on 31-7-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join