It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you mad ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   

One Senator famously proposed placing armbands on the slaves so all could tell the difference between who was free and who was a slave on Rome’s teeming streets, to which the other Senators replied are you mad, and have them know how many of them there are?

This quote comes from one of the greatest threads in ATS, at least for my own particular taste. (All roads lead to rome).
So as we journey back to a point where the foundations of the system we are living in now, these words seem to be very useful. We are being told that there were slaves, but more importantly it would be unwise to let them know how many of them there truly are. Why? out of pure and simple deduction, the answer has to be " if one is unaware of one's condition, one is fully unable to liberate oneself from the limitations that have been secretly applied"
Another war strategy is to let the enemy think he has achieved what he set out to do, in the meantime plan b is being installed in to the system. Now is that really possible? Will not many bells ring when the slaves stop producing what was intended from their labour?
So it seems, we must wear those chains and carry the loads imposed on us. Or at least, appear to carry the loads. Then in one large movement just drop the lot! Of course, if we follow the general direction of "all roads lead to rome" punishment will be applied, we will feel the blade at our throats. So the truth of the matter is be slaves or your suffering will be even more. Much like the people who live on the streets, you will be outcast by your very own slave brothers. Have to say, this is some dark system that uses ones own people to attack its own. Its clear that the first step on liberation from these causes and conditions, is to know and be aware of the invisible links of our slavery. What to do once we know? Ah... once we see we shall know and hopefully in the end laugh.
please note to roam or not to roam may be the question. No capital r !

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I will be a slave to God in the name of My lord and savior...rome? Not sure about that...I live in the USA... where we are supposed to be free.
Interesting OP...much to ponder and contrmplate..me, I meditate in Christ, Jesus's name...😍

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ancientthunder

thanks for op!

everyone is chained to karma while in human body given by birth. Liberated or not. body must walk its path, not for us, but for others, although how we react on the way is a free choice and if not being attached to the result it means nothing to make the hardest choice the easiest.

roam or not to roam?
eh...already in rome, nothing to do, nowhere to go. Might as well roam where strings of past chains are going, being mindful not to make new ones needlessly..until the drop comes.

this is what i get from your pointing. if i get it wrong, please, point away...i would appreciate it!

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Yes to roam is a dream set by certain type of dreamers. But if you dont see it, that is what there is living in roamer-dreamer. Open your mind! open your mind and live in the spontaneos now. Thanks for your view and appreciation.a reply to: UniFinity

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   
very insightful, will practice to unbind roamer-dreamer!

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Are saying we are slaves in the context of people with worst birthrights?

So if a soul is born in a poor family and is aware of it, then that same soul could either cry about it or do something to improve his life.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
What I am pointing at is not that but rather, the system we are born in to no matter what part of the ladder one is on, is slavery. Some are obvious, others more subtle. It works with the idea, that one sees other slaves around, but could not conceive oneself to be enslaved. Now that is what is called the perfect slave. The one who believes he is not yet most definately is.a reply to: luciferslight

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

From a certain context civilization is it's self slavery as it requires sacrifices from the individual for the good of all.
I find it funny that people who enjoy the advances and protections our society affords us goes on a rant calling other slaves.
Seems more like a child asking for things that they do not completely understand.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
very good point! This post however is about recognising and not ranting or complaining. It is reflecting on our situation and seeing where we can go from there. It is not pointing a figer so as to feel better, it is seeing clearly. The good, the bad and the ugly. a reply to: HarbingerOfShadows

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

A slave is one held against one's will and not free. Jesus asks we come to him freely....quite a different thing.

No one is a slave to Jesus, Yahweh, Allah or God..

Peace

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I think debt slavery, human trafficking and residential war zones are the modern slavery.

I am actually free and if I could I would free everyone.

When I no longer care is when I become a slave. I don't see it happening.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Excellent thoughts. I agree. But what's freedom? To act independently? When is anything independent? I have instincts I'm a slave to. My body is composed far more of non-human bacteria than of human cells, meaning it's a constant negotiation between them .I have ot obey all laws of nature and physics. I can't ignore the people and creaures around me. I've never lived a single unit of time independently.

Can we be less free or more free? Maybe. But conservation of energy means it's little more than riding the crest or trough of a wave. It all has a price. We're no more free than the waves nature produces and conserves.

I know I"m taking a grim view of it because humans--for the most part--are content, even with very little. We--like all life--have the capacity to live within our means. It's somewhat faciliated by nature too. Reminds me of a story I read a while ago about a weird society where boys are impregnated and used to spawn worm-things. The girls aren't as good at being hosts. It's rather disgusting how it happens and extremely painful. From our perspective, it awfully slavish. But they cope with it and the relationship is mutual. Respect goes both ways. EVery now and then, they also get a shot of a drug administred by teh worms. They forget their problems. Somehow, the story echoed life for me. Life is like that. You negotiate. You cope. You expeirence pain and pleasure. You live and other things live. It's a give and take. It's ultimately bittersweet.
edit on 7/30/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Not one to keep the details to myself, that short story is Bloodchild, by Octavia E. Butler. Here's info:
en.wikipedia.org - Bloodchild and Other Stories...

The page for the author (now deceased):
en.wikipedia.org - Octavia E. Butler...

edit on 7/30/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger yeah well slaves are folks that work for free...I don't ask for donations... and it's all I can focus on so slave or hopeless fan, whatever.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

Oh...yes. Point taken. I serve the Lord as well!

MS

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Service is offered and slavery imposed,it would do us all well to know the difference. a reply to: mysterioustranger

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

To roam or not to roam... freedom has been a movement for a very long time. Society as it grows and learns usually doesn't limit freedom... if it does the question why instead of the excuse given is a good thing to ponder... one may not learn the ration other than some authority saying um yeah just do what you are told and it wont be so bad... well rebellion means um by what authority are you claiming such in order to experiment or profit off of such things?

Well as said freedom remains a movement... progress or regress depends on what society agrees upon... and well much influence and pander to peoples sympathies of ego or self is sometimes the dividing line over what is actually beneficial for the masses and not necessarily profit.

So when a society has figured out oppps bad policy... all of those profiting resist the change even if beneficial for society.

So it can be a damned if you do damned if you dont.

Groups can be used as an excuse, yet no matter what group or label the law shows individual responsibility.

I am a fan of the UN to be honest and I am not a fan of failed experiments continuing on... as it becomes bondage to systems instead of one of freedom in benefit.

Humanity means all people all over the entire world... so that division is one of those carried things. Hey personal choice and well personal madness for the the reasons carrying such that cause division.

World peace says one day these burdens need to be dropped, but that is the task of each individual to come to terms with in understanding, wisdom and co-operation... shackle me not and I shall not shackle you... that's the idea of freedom. Belief as a shackle is an agreed upon reality that often not only shackles others but also ourself... so if one carries such a burden... then who is the slave to it in wanting to shackle oneself and others?

Happiness is a universal condition regardless of the many varied tastes that wish to achieve life of their own flavor.

When many people starve to death around the world... we can see humanity is still failing. When world hunger ends peace will be close at hand. Takes effort and also takes respect for life itself regardless of chosen shackles self or the ones others try to give you that one may or may not want...

After the UN I look to the country I didnt ask to be born in and hope it understands the same... all the various statehoods have differing ideologies and well fortunately ethics is saying whether one disagrees with equality in order to have freedom and nondiscrimination differences of various ideas that do not harm others must be protected... and not use powers or position to abuse such a thing.

The title or label belongs to the throne on which one sits not oneself... ego says whew ive got some power instead of whew Ive got some responsibility... thats the danger of such things.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing your view! a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

You're welcome sorry if it became a topic killer... my posts seem to have that icy touch of death. Perhaps it's time to join the thread killers anonymous thread page. Haha just kidding I don't want to kill it...

Better than stuck in a trance by the hypno-toad though eh?

new topics

top topics

join