It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pokemon Go players V Veterans who is in the right?.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Then can you stick to the topic and not post your nonsense.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: SaturnFX

No stop, wait, they are vets, they fought for their country, they are superior, more important citizens with more rights than any one else.
It's in the constitution

Their service is appreciated.
So is a cop.
if you are at a park playing a game and some retired cop or soldier comes over and tells you he doesn't like what you are doing and you should leave because he hates games..flick off the schmuck
Thats in the constitution..loosely translated.

ADD: just reread. my sarcasm detector is broken.
Poes law in full effect on ATS
edit on 30-7-2016 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

edit on 30-7-2016 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

Evidently you are painting the topic very narrowly.

If the topic is the narrow topic of free speech--I support it.

If the topic is the issue of whether there are other factors that could be considered when weighing the actions of the Vets, then I think it's reasonable to consider that Pokemon is not a benign/neutral thing.

I'm fully aware of your biases, BTW.

edit on 30/7/2016 by BO XIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

And we all know yours.
Make a thread about the evil of pokemon or stick to the topic of who was in the wrong here.
Evil pokemon hahaha.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

Logically . . .

who was in the wrong . . .

would consider ALL the factors contributing, or not, to their being "in the wrong."

However, enjoy your thread.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: imod02
People should remember that a lot of older Vets have been in and seen things even the newer vets (Irak ect) have never seen, so perhaps they hurt more. Kids have always been disrespectful of vets, they dont want to feel they owe anyone anything. Many Vets understand they went to hell and back so kids have the right to be kids. There will never be a good answer to the question the OP asked, but I think there should be a place where a persons soul and the body of there friend can find a moments rest togather

Unless they faught in WWII they didn't do anything of the sort. They fought for the US's right to butt into everyone elses business and actually helped put these people at risk. I don't believe the whole "fight for your country even if it's in the wrong" thing. Stand up for what you believe in. If Nazi Germany wanted me to fight for them I'd have said f*ck no. Same with Bush and his war of lies.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
If you guys read the comments on youtube. It is kind of a mix. But, majority are saying the Vet is wrong for attacking.
edit on 30-7-2016 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: imod02
a reply to: Kandinsky
"The loudest guy might be a Vet, but he looks like a lousy human being."
Perhaps we should think what things he has seen and perhaps had to do that have made him like that. Things sometime are not as simple as they seem. Its true he does seem to be an assho#l, but why, is some thing we should try to ask ourselfs.

I agree with what you're saying to a degree, but only to the point of understanding "why" and realizing he's not a "bad guy" inherently. That doesn't excuse a person's behavior though, it just explains the roots of it, and reminds us to empathize with our fellow man, while realizing how blessed we are to have not had it as rough as some others.

I've been around plenty of people who have used difficult life experiences, from childhood abuse, to combat tours as their excuse for a range of problems, most of which are behaviors which negatively affect those around them. It doesn't fly with me. Overcome your challenges, come out a better person and I'm impressed. Let them turn you into an (SnippyMcSnipperton), and I feel bad they had it rough, but it doesn't make them any less of an (Snipperoo)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join