It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pokemon Go players V Veterans who is in the right?.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: imod02

You could be right; a lot of good people came back from combat with shifted personalities. At the same time, the Armed Forces of every nation is representative of general populations. They have bullies, cowards, heroes, triers and every other type of person.

There's as much chance this guy was an ass when he signed up as he was made one under fire.

Based only on this snapshot of that one guy, he looks like a plain old bully. Quick to aggression, fast to violence and well-versed in threatening people.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Talk about the PC police and stretching what would normally be considered disrespectful....

If you check a text in a cemetary is that disrespectful?

The vet was being ridiculous and looking for something to complain about...

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

You could be right; a lot of good people came back from combat with shifted personalities. At the same time, the Armed Forces of every nation is representative of general populations. They have bullies, cowards, heroes, triers and every other type of person.

There's as much chance this guy was an ass when he signed up as he was made one under fire.

Based only on this snapshot of that one guy, he looks like a plain old bully. Quick to aggression, fast to violence and well-versed in threatening people.

Very well said, but i would hate to have one short moment of my life made into who I am for the whole world to see should that moment be good or bad

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: imod02

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Very well said, but i would hate to have one short moment of my life made into who I am for the whole world to see should that moment be good or bad

Wise words

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   
That free country that your so proud you fought for......those kids are using it. Chill out.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant
That free country that your so proud you fought for......those kids are using it. Chill out.

What a nice world we could have if people only showed respect to each other
edit on 30-7-2016 by imod02 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Not a hard switch to flip either.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

You know what? We have memorials here in the UK too. When people use the space without trashing them, without littering, without being anti social by playing loud music, or ruining the tranquility of the area, or damaging any memorial structures, most of the veterans I know are glad to see the space being used. You know why? Because if no one spends any time there, then no one sees the names printed on the bronze plates, bolted to the front of the monuments to be found in such places. No one recognises the names of their ancestors, if no one is there to read them.

What better monument to the fallen can there be, to have kids playing a peaceful game, spreading light and joy around in simple fun? Were these kids sitting there smoking weed and relieving themselves against monuments? Were they throwing beer cans at statues, or tagging the roster of the dead with spray cans? Were they board sliding a skateboard along a monument to fallen heroes?

Unless they were doing something of the sort, then I would suggest that the veterans in that video need to go back where ever the hell they arrived from, pop a couple of shut the hell up pills, and remember what it was they were fighting for in the first place.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

. . . uhhhh . . . including the stupidity

involved with failing to realize the inherent evil forces and entities involved with Pokeman.

No. I don't care to elaborate. But the info is available.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   

My guess is the "vets" are guys who sat on a ship during Granada or desert storm and heard a missile fired and like to go to the VFW and tell boot camp stories.

Is it disrespectful to go to a war memorial, cemetery, or some of the other weird places this game is sending people? Arguably yes, depending on the behavior of the players while there.

Is it douche-baggery to go have a temper tantrum and scream about it? Yea. Pretty embarrassing behavior. It's a shame there wasn't any other vets around to put the freak show in check. And it's certainly not anything to "go to jail" over. Motard.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Well said.

The monuments there are the reason those kids can do such a thing freely, as simplistic an act as it is.

Odd that those 2 couldn't recognize that.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Lol good ole Bo.
Oh please make a thread showing us the evil that is pokemon.
Lol

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Being a vet + being a dick doesn't = saw some stuff.

Chances are greater that he was a dick before he served, while he served, and after he stopped serving.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

. . . uhhhh . . . including the stupidity

involved with failing to realize the inherent evil forces and entities involved with Pokeman.

No. I don't care to elaborate. But the info is available.

Yeah ok so Pokemon is non Christian, what isn't
War in Vietnam wasn't actually Christian either

Let's ban everything

Do you know anything worldly that's Christian, anything that is Godly, do we wrap even non Christians in gospel truth against their will, it's their choice, bless them.

I agree with what you said, don't agree we are to police everything, democracy not theocracy

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Seems that muslims dont like Pokemon as well
www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
key word is 'Memorial'. as in, in memory of the deceased.

there should be plenty of other public parks and places for this sort of thing.

and these weren't ten-twelve year old 'kids', these were 20ish college agers.
dudes, play in the playground or whatever.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   

NOPE.

Not that much of a masochist.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

1. I didn't talk about banning anything or forceably controlling such things. I think individual choice and responsibility are important free-will options.

2. I do think that folks responsible for spreading such forces and entities will bear a horrific weight ultimately.

3. I did not say Pokeman was merely non-Christian.

4. I asserted that Pokeman has to do with evil forces and entities.

5. I did not yet add that such evil forces and entities are awash in our culture from a number of directions with a list of memes, "make-believe" entities, icons, personages etc.

6. Such forces ALWAYS have destructive consequences in the lives of the individuals--attached--to them as well as in the culture collectively.

Time will tell.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN
I dont think Pokemon is evil, but like most things it can be used for evil

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

1. I didn't talk about banning anything or forceably controlling such things. I think individual choice and responsibility are important free-will options.

2. I do think that folks responsible for spreading such forces and entities will bear a horrific weight ultimately.

3. I did not say Pokeman was merely non-Christian.

4. I asserted that Pokeman has to do with evil forces and entities.

5. I did not yet add that such evil forces and entities are awash in our culture from a number of directions with a list of memes, "make-believe" entities, icons, personages etc.

6. Such forces ALWAYS have destructive consequences in the lives of the individuals--attached--to them as well as in the culture collectively.

Time will tell.

It's a fine line Bo, I agree with you on the problems with the Poke, like all things it can become an idol
Evil forces and entities are awash, no issue, I believe that

I don't believe we can legislate Christian truth
We can expose the truth and let people choose, why not expose it, if you know something.
It is a conspiracy
You will get attacked, we expect that,mist a promise from God, the world hates us if we expose the truth

To me it teaches evolution as a science, it's fictitious, I am hated because I question science of evolution

We already know the end

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join