It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protecting our children

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
With all of the child abductions that have been happening recently, what in fact can we do to help put an end to it.
Many times the abductors are found to be repeat offenders.
Doesn't it make sense to put these people away forever? Anyone who is convicted of hurting children IMHO should be removed from society forever, and I am for the death penalty. Is that too harsh? Not PC enough?

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Most kidnappings are parental and involve divorce. A number of missing kids are runaways (check the stats on runaways.)

The number of stranger abductions is fairly low. Sentences for the ones who are caught tend to be fairly hefty... I don't know of any cases of serial kidnappers (there are serial rapists who kidnap and serial killers kidnap as well.)

So... could you provide a link to what you're talking about so we can look at the numbers?

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I have a 4 year old daughter, and anyone who harms one hair on her head will regret it, I promise you that....

I don't think execution is the answer either, unless we're talking serious crimes like murder.

but jailing all of the offenders for life will lead to prison overpopulation and tax burdens. repeat offenders are probably seriously mentally ill, and it wouldn't surprise me if high risk individuals can be identified at an early age and offered treatment.
When I was a kid, around 8-9, my mom would just tell me to be home before dark, I can't imagine letting my girl out at that age now unless she was with older kids I knew or close to home. Its sad really.

join