It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramids

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Not as crazy as the guy who made the site.

Just joking.

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MoaiHead
Though most of it is gone, looted to build other structures, the Great Pyramids in Egypt were originally clad in smooth, perhaps even polished, limestone.

Now I read somewhere that a polished pyramid would make an excellent radar beacon capable of being detected from almost any angle as long as the planet was not turned completely away from the radar source...

just a stupid observation.

now thats interesting, if you were 100's of miles away from the landing zone you could find your way back... pretty easy ..

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peace

"What about the fact that although the Egyptians kept very careful records about everything they ever did; every king they had, every war they fought, and every structure they built, there were no records of them ever having built the pyramids?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What about the fact that the Egyptians had not even invented the wheel yet, but the blocks that they had to carry to build the pyramids weighed about 2 tons each? 4,000 lbs.? What did they do... use cement? In fact, they used so much stone, that if you took all of the stone they used and cut it into 1 foot square blocks, it would extend 2/3 of the way around the earth!!! "

"How about the fact that a group of modern scientists attempted to build a pyramid out next to the real one using modern technologies, and after something like 100 days, succeeded in building one about 1/40 of the size of the real one???? "

"What about all of that fungi that was found in King Tutu's chamber? Fungi which has never before been seen on earth? What about the Pharaoh's curse????? You decide, who built the Pyramids????? "

Okay, just a couple of questions here:

1.) Exactly who is here now, that was there then, that can confirm any of the following:

they didn't know PI
they didn't have wheels

2.) I bet you in the Amazon jungle, right now, there is a fungus that has never before been seen on Earth...any takers?

3.) Have you considered the following: That the Eqyptions could have been FAR MORE advanced than the most worthless group of so-called scientists on earth (i.e. "egyptologists") give them credit for? Could it be that several thousand years (and I personally believe more thousand years than the textbooks claim) could wipe out a butt-load of information concerning exactly what they DID know???

4.) What if all their information...you know, like calculating PI and the blueprints of the pyramids, and all that day-to-day stuff...was recorded on a nonsurvivable media...like paper, or papyrus, or CD???

Just some thoughts.

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Good points! You sound just like me. Numbering it like me too. You should look at the posts I made in the old forum on this subject.

Sorry, just wanted to point that out.

He has all the contradictions to put this to rest. But I'll add another:

p/2*h=3.14..... Why would they want that formula? Answer: It just happens to work perfect for structural integrity for a pyramid. Anyone could find that through trial and error.

posted on Jun, 23 2003 @ 09:00 PM
link   
yes, it was all in the books. During battles and wars, libraries were burned down. In these libraries were all the informatons of the world (cures, technologies, EVERYTHING). Even the mongols had burned down many libraries, and i really hate them for that.

But how sure are we if they were burned in the first place, were we the ones that discovered the burned libraries, or was it the archeologists and scientists, maybe they kept all that information. Remember, these books had secrets, and probably had cures. Cures=Less Deaths. Less Deaths=Population override. Now, would you want that? I didn't think so.

[Edited on 24-6-2003 by AHiddenGrey]

posted on Jun, 23 2003 @ 09:13 PM
link   
to the ingenuity of ancient man. There have been numerous experiments recreating how just about any ancient structure could have been built using the tools of the time, from the pyramids, to the Egyptian monoliths, to the heads of Easter Island. From what I've seen, each of these attempts were successful. Sure, this doesn't prove that this was indeed how each of these were done...but it does prove that it was possible, and that weighs heavily towards them doing it themselves, and not with TK or alien assistance.

While I agree that the Sphinx was originally a lion, and made by a people more ancient than the Egyptians...(simply put, the evidence leans towards this), I do believe the pyramids to be made by the ancient Egyptians... However, I also believe that quite a bit of grave-swapping went on also, especially if a well-liked pharoah died before an official tomb was finished (they likely ousted a lesser-liked more ancient pharoah, from his resting place, and usurped it for the new occupant).

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 09:58 PM
link   
You should also not dicount the documented evidence that some of the later-period phharoahs liked to "rennovate" older temples & such...Usually erasing the names of the earlier pharoahs who took credit for the original construction & inscribing their own names as a replacement. Also, there have been at least 3 occasions (according to my memory of the history of Egypt) when pharoahs had taken tomb-contents away from the original tombs, using the contents either for their own tombs or to enhance the royal treasury & in some occasions, reusing the original tombs for their own purposes.

IMO, based upon my own studies of Egypt, they did indeed build the Pyramids of Giza (Although I still have no final opinion on the Sphinx just yet). However, it's been made obvious to me that they also had a much more complete working knowledge about the Earth than most archeologists would be willing to give them credit for.

As a bit of contradiction though, most of their common records indicate that they were more likely to use "rule of thumb" matematics when concerned with everday use, such as measuring tribute or dividing fields into organized sections...Basically, the most common & widley used calculations were practical for the sake of simplicity.

However, such measurements as could be found in the Great Pyramid indicates that the Egyptians knew details about the structure of the Earth with such precision that could only be matched with modern technology, such as the circumference of the Earth, the measurements of longitude & latitude, the amount of "equatorial bulge" in the Earth, and even the distance from the (true) North Pole to the center fo the core.

Still, who knows how much knowledge was lost with the distruction of the Alexandrian Library? Pharonic Law during the Ptolemic periods allowed Egyptian scholars to copy *every* book or parchment that crossed into the country's borders...Every scrap of knowledge that the Egyptians had or could get a hold of were destined to wind up in the Library (or the attached Museum).

Damn the religious fanatics that invaded Egypt & decided to destroy everything that they didn't agree with!

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Yay for using numerology to prove nothing.

Wow look you can get the number pi if you take height of my desk, and multiply it by 5 times the width of one of the leg post.

Do you see how ridiculous that sounds? I can guarantee you that by using numerology I could literally come up with any number I wanted from a particular object. This is why numerology is totally worthless because it doesn't prove #.

I laugh at you people who believe in that crap.

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 01:02 AM
link   
The Egyptians probably were much much more advanced that we give them credit for.

For instance, if the Library at Alexandria hadn't burned down to the ground, we would be way more advanced than we are now. The computer probably would have been invented in the Middle Ages.

The Dark Ages happened because we lost almost every bit of information from the ancient civilizations due to fires. The Dark Ages would have never happened if Alexandria and a few other places hadn't burned to the ground.

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I agree MidnightDStroyer....the loss of the Great Library of/in Alexandria was huge. I don't think many of us will fully understand just how much ancient knowledge and recorded history was lost. Very sad....

regards
seekerof

top topics

<< 1   >>

join