It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you're everything then aren't you nothing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I had a brief romantic relationship with a person who was full of contradictions.

Dominant yet submissive

Stable yet unstable

Wild yet reserved

Slutty yet demure

Dedicated yet flippant

Organized yet unorganized

Moral yet amoral

Honest yet dishonest

Non-materialistic yet fixated on materialism

Devoted to different completely contradictory belief systems

I could go on, but memories of the contradictions start to get painful at some point. This person wasn't trying to be like that to be cool. They were the contradictions, for real. I'm convinced of that.

I saw this person go from "giving [me] their heart" (actual quote) to less than an hour later trying to break up with me over absolutely nothing.

This person lectured me on "morality" while they had been quite amoral toward me in significant ways.

I realized that to be everything is to be nothing. Why? In my opinion, if you can't be counted on to be one way, you can't be counted on at all. If you can go from one extreme to another at any time, no one can ever know you. No one can depend on you either.

I realized that no matter how much time I would have invested trying to get to know them, I would never know them. I would only know the contradictions that could appear and disappear at any time. In other words, I would be chasing the wind. I would be chasing nothing.

For those wondering, I saw no signs of multiple personalities (although I'm not qualified to make a judgment on the matter).

My conclusion is that if you are everything then are you nothing.
edit on 30-7-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

She sounds like either a sociopath or Hillary Clinton, but I repeat myself.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Always two side of the coin,

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   
common passed up on this beat i made it to a jam
everything i'm not made me everything i am

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Sounds like a psychic vampire, you're far better off without that kind of person wasting your time.

Don't let this person mess with your head now that they are gone, don't let them win.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Was this person a Libra by chance?

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   
What did you do to that poor woman?

You should really let it go, it's not good for your health to hold onto things like this.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

There can be many reasons why a person's mood/attitude will change quickly.

If they started out lying they eventually will get caught up in it and one lie leads to another.
Or Bi-polar.
Or it could simply be PMS. The slightest thing can make a womans mood change. She could be a great person,but when those hormones start taking over...anything can set her off.
When you're getting to know someone it's usually all nice and mushy at first but when you get comfortable with each other, the real personality starts to show. Good luck

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
I had a brief romantic relationship with a person who was full of contradictions.

Dominant yet submissive

Stable yet unstable

Wild yet reserved

Slutty yet demure

Dedicated yet flippant

Organized yet unorganized

Moral yet amoral

Honest yet dishonest

Non-materialistic yet fixated on materialism

Devoted to different completely contradictory belief systems

They are the best. I married one. Always reminds me of the lyrics of the song "Always a woman to me" by Billy Joel .

The spiritual journey was really mine because she was not on a spiritual quest. We had many difficulties and she could fly off the handle easily. What I found ,however, is that gradually she found her own path amid these contracdictions and her heart is good.

I seem to be attracted to those types. Previous girlfriends have been like this too. Perhaps it is because I am a contracdiction myself and understand what it is like to have such a character.

One of the plus points is that you have a natural disposition to understand paradoxes. I love paradoxes and understand how two opposing concepts can exist and manifest at the same time without cancelling each other- that something can be and cannot be at the same time. I think this is one of the missing jigsaw puzzle piece for the majority of people.

edit on 30-7-2016 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-7-2016 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   

What you are actually is beyond words, but it would be not untrue to say you are nothing whatsoever other than pure, infinite, disembodied consciousness/intelligence; a field of miraculous infinite light; God dreaming itself; an infinite point of pure potential; or the infinite implications of nothing whatsoever.

The immediate presentation of this unspeakable actuality is the field of your experience, which is an instantaneously appearing virtual field of Radiant Presence as apparent qualities. This is the actuality of which every/ and any/ thing that you think exists consists. This is inclusive and complete; nothing whatever other than this field exists. In short, the entirety of Reality is the "bubble" of YOUR experience, the field of Radiant Presence, which alone exists.

This is the totality of Reality. This is not theoretical, but is actually, immediately real; always the case right here right now.

theopendoorway.org...

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Welcome to the nightmare that is dating a lady suffering from:
"Borderline Personality Disorder?

Borderline personality disorder (BPD) is a serious mental illness marked by unstable moods, behavior, and relationships. In 1980, the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual for Mental Disorders, Third Edition (DSM-III) listed BPD as a diagnosable illness for the first time. Most psychiatrists and other mental health professionals use the DSM to diagnose mental illnesses.

Because some people with severe BPD have brief psychotic episodes, experts originally thought of this illness as atypical, or borderline, versions of other mental disorders. While mental health experts now generally agree that the name "borderline personality disorder" is misleading, a more accurate term does not exist yet.

Most people who have BPD suffer from:

Problems with regulating emotions and thoughts
Impulsive and reckless behavior
Unstable relationships with other people.
People with this disorder also have high rates of co-occurring disorders, such as depression, anxiety disorders, substance abuse, and eating disorders, along with self-harm, suicidal behaviors, and completed suicides."
www.nimh.nih.gov...

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
But then, if you are nothing, then you are also everything. Duality.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: HarbingerOfShadows

I thought a girl I dated had bpd but that kind of stuff is a stretch without having a psychologist around to make a diagnosis.
I've concluded the best way to deal with crazy is to be a man. Take charge, take the lead, don't take any crap.

By the writing she could also be an aloof and distant person. It's hard to tell the intensity she is displaying to make you feel this way.

Without being able to see the relationship dynamics at work in real life its hard to say anything. We have no idea how the OP behaves. The relationship dynamics between them could be causing this.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
There was a girl named olivia that i really liked and your post remind me of the way i acted towards this girl, and i really felt love in my heart but i couldnt make any sense of her so i contradicted myself with her on alot of things.

i have a mental health diagnoses though, im kind of anti social unless i really know you
im schizoaffective because i thought that this girls voice was coming to me.
and it was like my biggest regret.

ill tell what ive learned though and i had to be risen from the dead for me to accept it.
Before you were born you were one with the void. nothing. whie your alive reality is everything.after you die you are one with the void again.

God and the void are one.
edit on 30-7-2016 by Belcastro because: (no reason given)

top topics

join