It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA codename for UFO's is "Gospel"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I ran across this article while searching for something unrelated.
I am trying to find a better "source" (for what "real" source this article is allegedly based-upon).
Seems like they are saying "RT" (which if that means Russian Television, I am totally willing to write this off)

But, for now here it is:

NASA astronaut accidentally reveals secret UFO codename used by space agency

Note: Emphasis (bolding) added by me

A nervous NASA astronaut may have mistakenly revealed the secret code that the American space agency uses to address unidentified flying objects (UFO). This is evident from a recent recording all the way from the International Space Station (ISS).

According to RT, UFO blogger Scott Waring believes that in the ISS video, the astronaut makes some suspicious reference to the word "gospel." Waring says that the use of such a word is unusual and "out of ordinary" for a normal speech that an astronaut usually delivers.

In a video uploaded by Waring, the astronaut can be heard saying, "On a personal level I look forward to this partnership with the gospel, really around the world." Waring suspects that this astronaut could be none other than Commander Jeff Williams.

Update: Here's another link, that doesn't appear to have the pop-up advertising crap:

AS UFO APPROACHES ISS, ‘NERVOUS’ NASA ASTRONAUT TALKS ABOUT ‘GOSPEL’ WITH GROUND CONTROL: ‘GOSPEL’ WAS CODE WORD FOR ‘ALIENS,’ CONSPIRACY THEORISTS SAY [VIDEO]
edit on 2016-7-29 by EnhancedInterrogator because: added alternative link

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
PS: Here is the related YouTube video:

A3cxiWHmOoU

Note: It's basically the blog of this "Scott Waring" blogger guy, so maybe just more speculation. After-all, some random blogger is not exactly a credible "news" source. So, maybe this is all B.S.

edit on 2016-7-29 by EnhancedInterrogator because: gammer, formatten, splling, etc.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: EnhancedInterrogator

I can't watch a video at the moment. Is there a transcript of the conversation containing the 'gospel' statement? Some context would be useful.

But if it's from Scott Waring, you can be sure it's not true.

edit on 7/29/2016 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
But if it's from Scott Waring, you can be sure it's not true.

I am afraid so.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Ask JimOberg.

He's THE authority on NASA.😃

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Weren't 'fire' and 'Santa Claus' supposed to be 'code words' too?

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

Yes, although 'Santa Claus' was the code for 'base', not UFO's.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

Yes, although 'Santa Claus' was the code for 'base', not UFO's.

Who really started that silly story?

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
It was an outtake from a Jeff Williams conference call that he made with a church group on Tuesday [July 19]. PAO doesn’t have a video since wasn't an event they set up. We may have to FOIA it to get the full recording that InsecureTeen13 chopped up to delude his followers.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Good point, Mr. Oberg... Please correct me if I am mistaken, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that the term "moon pigeon" was also used to describe "things" seen by the Apollo astronauts. Perhaps it only referenced lunar transit phenomenon, but what exactly are those?

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Scott Waring and BS are no strangers , take anything he says with a bucket full of salt.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Who really started that silly story?

The Santa Claus one was Dona Hare.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: seattlerat

Good point, Mr. Oberg... Please correct me if I am mistaken, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that the term "moon pigeon" was also used to describe "things" seen by the Apollo astronauts. Perhaps it only referenced lunar transit phenomenon, but what exactly are those?

Here is the "official" definition of "moon pigeons" as found on James Oberg's website - www.jamesoberg.com... - "Most "moon pigeons" have as their source a programmed pyrotechnic event and are the normal debris associated with such an incident. They are often spectacular, as is the motion seen in the unidentified object under study here."

As you can see it's meaningless gob·ble·dy·gook - language that is meaningless or is made unintelligible by excessive use of abstruse technical terms; nonsense.

Whoever gave birth to that ridiculous term should be promoted!

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Yes once the name Scott Waring is mentioned time to stop reading...amazing people still believe him.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: klassless

Thanks for that info, klassless... you summed up the "official" definition quite well.

I suppose that the origin of the term could be determined by perusing the "official" NASA transcripts for the Apollo 10 mission, at least that's what the guy who wrote a brief article regarding the term states HERE

off topic:
while searching the web for further details I stumbled upon this video of a Mars pigeon:

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
The security services of the United states do indeed use code words for things classified, and UFO's and Alien information is classified, which is no secret, and during the Korean war and Vietnam they used "Enemy Helicopters" for disk craft.
Although I don't know if "gospel" is a true code word, I DO know that code words are used for all kinds of things "Classified"

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

Is it only me or does it look like a spine, the stone that the pigeon is sitting on?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: seattlerat
a reply to: klassless

Thanks for that info, klassless... you summed up the "official" definition quite well.

I suppose that the origin of the term could be determined by perusing the "official" NASA transcripts for the Apollo 10 mission, at least that's what the guy who wrote a brief article regarding the term states HERE

off topic:
while searching the web for further details I stumbled upon this video of a Mars pigeon:

Thanks for the link, I messaged the author on Facebook:

"I saw your story on 'moon pigeons', where did you get that information? It sounded like the fable that Bill Birnes just made up out of vacuum on an episode of 'NASA's Unexplained files'. "

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
The security services of the United states do indeed use code words for things classified, and UFO's and Alien information is classified, which is no secret, and during the Korean war and Vietnam they used "Enemy Helicopters" for disk craft.
Although I don't know if "gospel" is a true code word, I DO know that code words are used for all kinds of things "Classified"

What did they say when they actually spotted enemy helicopters? "Swamp gas"??

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

What did they say when they actually spotted enemy helicopters? "Swamp gas"??

Actually they just kept there mouths shut and followed orders.. My cousin was shot down in Nam and survived and when they encountered them they were ordered to shoot at them with no effect except to get their asses kicked. Maybe they claimed it was Ice particles?

top topics

join