It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-35B comes into its own as Marines develop new tactics

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

“It was more like watching a pack of dogs go after something. And it was force-on-force, it wasn’t scripted,” so their success – particularly with so few aircraft – was far from guaranteed.
said ‘you don’t man the equipment, you equip the man,’

I like this kind of approach and bet with the online gaming kids of today there will excellent pilots in the future when it comes to "gameplay" and tactics.
Also, I hope the critics begin to see the value of the plane. I mean itś obvious from the text that the pilots are confident in their seats and can concentrate of tactics, instead of keeping the plane in the air.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Im just wondering what SAM system it defeated?

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

Probably some ramshackle old system that was obsolete by the late 70s. US sure has a lot of S-75s lying around.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

They also have plenty of modern radars "laying around".

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

From our vantage point over the test ranges in Nevada, there are dozens of radar sites of all kinds speckled all throughout that area. Most looked brand new or at least meticulously maintained.

edit on 30-7-2016 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Another story about the F-35's advantages during training sorties. This time it's the A models that have to turn on their flight transponders to be seen by Red Air and SAM's so they can train against them.

www.airforcetimes.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

I don't care what people flying the plane say. Some dude with an axe to grind said it sucks. Case closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join