It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWEST Hack: Hillary Clinton Campaign

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
There has been some confusion...but THIS is the THIRD and most recent hack of the Democrat party election apparatus.

First was the DNC (Democrat National Committee) hack...THEN the DCCC (Democrat Congressional Campaign Committee)...and today it was revealed that the Hillary Clinton Campaign was hacked.

NOTE: An earlier thread was started today on this particular hack...but the OP confused it with the thread I started on the DCCC hack and removed his OP...asking Mods to remove.
At the time I posted the thread on the DCCC hack today, news of the Clinton Campaign hack had not yet been released to the press.
That story followed later in the day.

Again, the Russians are suspected and an investigation is underway.
The Clinton Campaign had been warned of a possible threat by the FBI last spring (before the DNC hack was discovered), but Clinton's campaign refused to cooperate.
www.yahoo.com...

OP SOURCE ARTICLE:

Exclusive: Clinton campaign also hacked in attacks on Democrats - sources

The computer network used by Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton’s campaign was hacked as part of a broad cyber attack on Democratic political organizations, people familiar with the matter told Reuters.

The latest attack, which was disclosed to Reuters on Friday, follows reports of two other hacks on the Democratic National Committee, or DNC, and the party’s fundraising committee for candidates for the U.S. House of Representatives.

A Clinton campaign spokesman said in a statement late on Friday that an analytics data program maintained by the DNC and used by the campaign and a number of other entities "was accessed as part of the DNC hack."

"Our campaign computer system has been under review by outside cyber security experts. To date, they have found no evidence that our internal systems have been compromised," said Clinton campaign spokesman Nick Merrill.

The U.S. Department of Justice national security division is investigating whether cyber attacks on Democratic political organizations threatened U.S. security, sources familiar with the matter said on Friday.

The involvement of the Justice Department’s national security division is a sign that the Obama administration has concluded that the hacking was sponsored by a state, people with knowledge of the investigation said.

Hackers, whom U.S. intelligence officials have concluded were Russian, gained access to the entire network of the fundraising Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, or DCCC, said people familiar with the matter, detailing the extent of the breach to Reuters for the first time.

Cyber security experts and U.S. officials said earlier this week they had concluded, based on analysis of malware and other aspects of the DNC hack, that Russia engineered the release of hacked Democratic Party emails to influence the U.S. presidential election.

The U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation said on Friday it was "aware of media reporting on cyber intrusions involving multiple political entities, and is working to determine the accuracy, nature and scope of these matters."

"The FBI takes seriously any allegations of intrusions, and we will continue to hold accountable those who pose a threat in cyberspace," the agency said in an emailed statement.

It was not immediately clear what Clinton campaign information could have been accessible to hackers, or how the compromised "analytics data program" was used.

The hack did not involve the private email system Clinton used while she was secretary of state.

FULL Article:
www.reuters.com...
edit on 29-7-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-7-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Oh this is just getting better and better.

Who are they gonna blame it on this time?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
When in doubt, blame the Russians..

How about stop hiring noobs that click on any email link or attachment? lol.. morons (DNC).

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Ding dong the witch is dead...

/singing

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Is anyone else starting to think these hacks are being done internally to build a Trump=Putin argument?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Oh this is just getting better and better.

Who are they gonna blame it on this time?

Oh, gotta be those EEEEVILLL Russians! (heh), or maybe ISIS? Or some other boogeyman...
Been on the net since 1993, and know all the scams/hacks/ransomware crap stuff to avoid. its simple. Don't open emails from people you don't know, and even if it LOOKS legit, look at the source of the email header to make sure. and hover over the Email links to make sure they go to the right place. (or copy and paste it)--because sometimes they can spoof a hover link...

It's these noobs that don't know computers.. and when you get morons+computers it equals Hackers dreams.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Is anyone else starting to think these hacks are being done internally to build a Trump=Putin argument?

Funny I was thinking the same thing! Then all they have to do is plant some bogus email in Trumps email system and then he gets hacked and wallah, Trump is out!

I read that book by Sharyl Attkinson on the topic of her getting spied on and hacked. I recall she had stuff planted on her computer from outside sources and it was linked back to the govt.

I will not be surprised! Too much power to let Trump have a chance!

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

They are going to try to keep blaming Trump and some connection he has to Russia.

It's a fact. And I hope he says nothing else to add fuel to their claims. This is not the issue to be "un-PC" about. He needs to tread lightly. The media will seize on everything he says.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Hey thanks for picking this up. The earlier screw-up was mine - I discovered my mistake after I asked the mods to delete the thread. I laid back for a while to let it sort itself out.

At any rate, it will be interesting reading if we get to see it.

I do wonder why we haven't seen anything from the Republicans. I'm a right winger, but I can't imagine they're so squeaky clean that a hacker couldn't find a lot of interesting material.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Someone is compiling a very incriminating file against the Democrats.
Probably, they are engaging in cross-referencing and putting together a rock solid trail of corruption leading to the Democrat Party Funding machine.
Were I to guess...someone is looking to bring down George Soros along with major political figures in the party.

If it's the Russians or any other foreign national entity it's quite serious...and a brazen attempt to interfere with our electoral process. Respect for the US has degraded seriously over the past years and foreign governments no-longer fear repercussions.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Kind'a clever blaming this stuff on the Russians. It's a good way to soak up the old fogies fear vote. We all remember the Red Scare pretty well. I don't know how many of us know when we're being tuned up like a fiddle.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Respect for the US has degraded seriously over the past years and foreign governments no-longer fear repercussions.

I suggest Trump send them a bill for part of the wall.

LOL

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot

Funny I was thinking the same thing! Then all they have to do is plant some bogus email in Trumps email system and then he gets hacked and wallah, Trump is out!

I read that book by Sharyl Attkinson on the topic of her getting spied on and hacked. I recall she had stuff planted on her computer from outside sources and it was linked back to the govt.

Good point! It is important to remember that when hacked information can be deposited as well. Oh what a whole new can of worms based upon that possibility!

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
It seems to me that the Russians would probably find a President Clinton more useful to them than a President Trump.
As SOS, she allowed them to gain 20% of US uranium production. As a subject of blackmail, she could certainly be even more useful to them as President.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot

Good point! It is important to remember that when hacked information can be deposited as well. Oh what a whole new can of worms based upon that possibility!

If you think about it Im sure if the polls get too much in favor of Trump, I would not be surprised in the least if a scenario like this occurs. Hopefully Trump is smart enough to realize this and keep his communications tight.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Ok, so they are saying that the data analytics programs were targeted right?

Guess who worked on them... Seth Rich.

Seth Rich murdered on July 10

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

It's an interesting idea...but much more likely that a foreign government or organization is behind these hacks.
Trump doesn't even use email and FBI is already tracing foreign sources.

Again, consider this is coming from an anonymous rogue organization determined to bring down international political and financial corruption.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: drock905
Ok, so they are saying that the data analytics programs were targeted right?

Guess who worked on them... Seth Rich.

Seth Rich murdered on July 10

Absolutely possible Rich was involved...possibly with others of like mind.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Murderer Clinton and her supporters need to learn you can't suppress THE TRUTH

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

why do you think the respect has gone down? hmmm. weird starred statement there.. keep standing for the truth!! buhahahaha she is vile and done why fight it fighter?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join