It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melania no more: why did Donald Trump take down his wife's website?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Her website, gone. What's going on here?

Donald Trump is notorious for making controversial statements that set the internet on fire. But the relatively mild kerfuffle about whether his wife actually received a college degree appears to be something the Trumps would rather not see broadcast across the web.

Melania Trump’s personal and professional site, the Huffington Post reported on Wednesday, has disappeared. A search of Google’s cache reveals that sometime after 22 July, MelaniaTrump.com was redirected to Trump.com, the official site for the Trump Organization.

Speculation immediately centered on a claim made on Ms Trump’s online biography that she obtained “a degree in design and architecture at University in Slovenia” shortly before embarking on her modeling career.

www.theguardian.com...

I get the feeling the Don wasn't all too happy with Melania's speech flop. It certainly didn't help the state the GOP convention was in and I'd wager to say he was probably embarrassed. So he's probably taking control of things ya know, keeping his wife in line. We need to ensure she doesn't jeopardize the campaign because the Don has a good thing going ya know... with his comments over the last few months, oh we can't ruin a good thing.

This is not the first time Trumps have attempted to stuff things down the memory hole. The Politwoops site, which archives tweets deleted by US politicians, has an entire page devoted to things The Donald tried to unsay, many of them entirely innocuous.

I think whether or not Melania graduated from college is one of those side issues that the media would not be all to concerned about. There's a treasure trove of stuff from the Don himself that people are more focused on. Still this may be a personal ish on the side of the Don. From his wife's plagiarized speech to the fact she may have lied about graduating and getting that bachelors degree. It'll be a nagging thing in the back of his head for many social gatherings to come.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I think it would be funny if the model wife was actually a soviet operative controlling Donald

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
apparently, when they first started dating he asked her to lie about having a degree to "keep up appearances" and all that.

that lie is catching up to them it seems. ugh. who does that?

I think the name of the university is a lie, as well...

that's a whole other level of narcissism!
edit on 29-7-2016 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

If he gets in...watch how many more things will "disappear".

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Melania's speech didn't flop.

Just because the paid and bought for liberal media blows a couple sentences getting plagiarized out of proportion, does not in fact equate to her speech flopping.

Actually, many thought it was quite good.

The OP, like most liberals, are struggling to make a semi-coherent argument at this point. They just keep digging and digging and turn up nothing.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Poor Melania, she just wasn't ready for prime time. Back to the drawing board!

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
Melania's speech didn't flop.

Just because the paid and bought for liberal media blows a couple sentences getting plagiarized out of proportion, does not in fact equate to her speech flopping.

Actually, many thought it was quite good.

The OP, like most liberals, are struggling to make a semi-coherent argument at this point. They just keep digging and digging and turn up nothing.

Is there, like, some sort of app you have to run this through first?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I think it has nothing to do with her degree.

It has to do with the fact that a lot of people started Googling her after her speech at the RNC. As such, there was a surge in website views. Her website didn't promote her husband what-so-ever. So in order to benefit from the surge in traffic they simply redirected her website to www.trump.com.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Instead of an asset she have become a distraction. The plagiarism and made up degree will just lead down other rabbit holes that will take away from the campaign. If she had hit it out the park with her speech they might be willing to let it ride but, it is clear they just do not see her as an asset. Or maybe he is just going to turn her in for a younger model again.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

no digging needed really, that's the craziest part. she lied about a degree and they made up a university. those things are pretty easily checked... I would feel like a chump if I were a trump supporter and they were lying about something so simple.

do you have a daughter? if she were dating someone and this someone told her to lie about her education so as to not make him look bad, would you be okay with that?? think hard on that.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

You have no ethics. Plain and simple. Plaguerism is fraud and so is lying about your education. This is equivalent to falsifying your resume. Now please respond with standard Hillary Clinton deflection.
edit on 30-7-2016 by BrokedownChevy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I can't take things like this seriously.

Lie after lie after lie from Hillary is being excused and defended, but somehow, ethics and morals seem to apply to just republican candidates.

Some one wake me when we start applying the same professional conduct to politicians that we demand from policemen.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Wow another poltical propaganda.

I'm still voting for the God Emperor

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Trump up in every national poll. If you make it out into the real world today you'll see more than half those people despise democrats as leeching losers but keep talking trash on the Internet live it up.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

bs.

answer this question - if you had a daughter and she was dating someone and he asked her to lie about her education - would you be okay with that??

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

It's not about me or my children.

It's about the phony morality act that is applied to some, but not for everyone.

It screams of hypocrisy!

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Morality! LOL Trump doesn't have ANY moral high ground on Hillary, not by a long shot!

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Morality! LOL Trump doesn't have ANY moral high ground on Hillary, not by a long shot!

Here we go.

Hillary is the beacon of morality according to you.

Is she the standard bearer now for morality?

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
What did Hillary do that is so corrupt and evil that people are likening her to satan? I'm Canadian so I don't pay as much attention to your politics as the people it's directly affecting, so I may have missed a few points. This is an honest question though (not a challenge), I would really like someone to elaborate on this a little bit. Is it really all just about the emails? Is it because she's not as wealthy as Trump and has to rely on donations in order to run her campaign, while trump has enough money saved up it barely makes a dent in his? Google says 4.5b? Google won't even tell me Hillary's, but Forbes says 45m. Some seemingly non-biased stat site I'm reading states Clinton has raised about 374 million thus far. Now this means Trump could pay for his whole campaign with a very small percentage of his wealth, which the people here love because it means there is less likely a chance to be corporations pressing him on what to do. But does this really make him a better candidate? How do you make huge money in business? Kiss ass to bigger business. How do you raise money in politics to run a campaign? Kiss ass to big business. It's clear they've both spent a great deal of time kissing ass in one way or another, so should the donations REALLY be that much of an issue? Like I said though, I want someone to list out some evil things Hillary has done because I haven't seen anyone really elaborate on these things before, other than the emails
edit on 30-7-2016 by 711117 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join