It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gary Johnson: Fake Libertarian

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

That's not going to work. He's just there to present the so-called third option and discredit the libertarians who actually had a chance to really present an alternative this time around. I am very disappointed in their party structure that they let this happen.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Effective then. When I really looked into him recently, I freaked the F out. Cause my god...

Really only thing about him that's truly good is being pro drug legalization, cause dammit the drug war needs to end.
edit on 7/29/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

..can I give you crap about how strong you hold your moral principles, voting for a non-practicing Christian secularist who's loudly supported drug legalization

I honestly dont care what his religion is, ive never had a problem with anyones religion in office, you can look back on any of my posts on that.....

And Im also for legalization......

I also didnt say I was voting for Johnson, I said I was going to vote 3rd party...........

Thats if I vote this time around

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Blueracer

...Gary Johnson is no Republican, nor is he a libertarian... He's Hillary Clinton with less baggage only because he has had less opportunity to collect that baggage than she has.

Open borders, US-harming global trade deals, not non-interventionist but non-US defending military policies, pro higher corporate taxation, pro-"progressive" taxation, pro-increased funding for social programs, pro-increased funding for Planned Parenthood... and Weld is a dyed in the wool globalist liberal who has zero business on a libertarian ticket.

Yeah Burdman but he is pro weed. Promise some more free stuff and an economy crushing minimum wage and he will be the perfect candidate for the Bernie lovers illegitimate spawn to vote for in 2020.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Hillary's major bank connections make her the safe pick of the government puppet masters. Johnson is just the right guy, in the right place, at the right time. Personally, I believe his purpose is to ensure the Libertarian party, IF it becomes a viable alternative to the 2 party system, is co-opted. Those behind the curtains did this with Occupy and the TEA party, ensuring these groups "of the People" stayed under control of the power brokers, and with this contentious, torn election, I'm sure there's expectations of the Libertarian party gaining momentum so a puppet is desired.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ezramullins

Hopefully more Bernie supporters are like me, actually look into him, and realize what a corporate stooge he is.

Of course he's pro weed, after he passes everything else he stands for Corporate America will win, we'll be slaves, all weed will do at that point is sap that last bit of will to fight back.

But hey, we may be slaves, but we'll be stoned slaves. I guess there's one bright side.

I believe we need to end the drug war.

But I'm not like the pro-choice or pro-gun nuts where I'll let everything else a candidate wants no matter how bad go as long as they promise to support something I believe strongly in.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Yeah, the hope of a peaceful solution is quickly draining from me. I... I don't know what to do. I don't think we can win using the system...

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Here are some more recent items..

www.ontheissues.org...

www.seattletimes.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

That's not going to work. He's just there to present the so-called third option and discredit the libertarians who actually had a chance to really present an alternative this time around. I am very disappointed in their party structure that they let this happen.

I'm not sure why he presents such liberal viewpoints. He has done just about as much as you can and not be thrown off the libertarian ticket. After the convention he was given a replica revolutionary pistol from Austin Petersen which he allegedly later deposited in the garbage. He's not a stalwart second amendment defender.

I hope these are all just leftover cultural predispositions which may yet be subject to reconsideration.

Heck, even Trump would be OK if he would just follow the dag gum constitution.
edit on 29-7-2016 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

Yeah, the hope of a peaceful solution is quickly draining from me. I... I don't know what to do. I don't think we can win using the system...

I will say this as a Trump voter, Trump is domestically more socially liberal than any GOP candidate I can recall. Voters who have ripped Republican candidates in the past for their positions on gays, the abortion issue, and minorities have no ammunition to use against Trump on those issues. They've tried, and frankly they've flat out lied about Trump in trying to paint him as an intolerant man. The trouble is that he's never once said anything derogatory about the LGBT community, he's never said anything remotely racist about any American, and he's been forthright in his personal support of pro-life being only a personal belief and otherwise accepting of the right of choice. He's not pushing his religious beliefs on anyone, nor has he done or said anything to make Americans worried about their own rights and freedoms... Obviously he's part of the so-called "elite" simply based on his net worth, but he's at a level in that select community which makes him damn near un-buyable. Look at it this way, the Clintons entered the White House worth a couple hundred grand and left millionaires. Obama will be in that same boat. GW Bush was worth about $10 Mil when he took office and now sits at between $20 and $40 Mil. Let's go on the low end for Trump and pick the $4 Bil number *some* folks claim he sits at... Does anyone really believe that a man worth that much money is going to bow down before a gain of $30 Mil when a legacy as a "great" POTUS is the alternative? That's less than 1% of his low-balled net worth. It would be like asking a working Joe "Hey, will you let me kick you as hard as I can in the seeds for $300?" Nobody would take that offer.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

a reply to: ezramullins

Hopefully more Bernie supporters are like me, actually look into him, and realize what a corporate stooge he is.

Of course he's pro weed, after he passes everything else he stands for Corporate America will win, we'll be slaves, all weed will do at that point is sap that last bit of will to fight back.

But hey, we may be slaves, but we'll be stoned slaves. I guess there's one bright side.

I believe we need to end the drug war.

But I'm not like the pro-choice or pro-gun nuts where I'll let everything else a candidate wants no matter how bad go as long as they promise to support something I believe strongly in.

There's a book for that. It's a slightly friendlier dystopia than 1984 called Brave New World. The key is that it's still a centrally controlled oppressive utopia.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I'll be honest I've been becoming conflicted on this front.

It's actually between Stein and Trump at this point. I'm just not sure what's going on with Trump. My paranoia for the TPTB is going on becoming a complete nutter.

I'm having trouble getting past he's one of the two parties. But then again I was willing to suspend my disbelief for Bernie.

I know him and Stein are different on most issues. But my conflict is with TPTB and I'm not a hundred percent convinced they own him for many of the reasons you say. My issue with Trump is, I'm not convinced he cares about the people either. I'm not sure what his real motives are even slightly. It's a big gamble.

Still it's between Trump and Stein at this point. I don't agree with Stein on a lot too. Like gun control. Last thing we the people need is to be completely disarmed. And that's coming from someone who neither owns or likes guns. Though been considering getting one in light of the state of the world.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

If you want any more proof this is not your ticket,

they want to appoint SCOTUS justices like Breyer and Garland.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer
The Republicans have taken over the Libertarian party. Started in '08 when Bob Barr was their nominee.

Apparently , it is the Prog Libs that are invading the Libertarians. They found the Democratic Party as the easier Party to overthrow and did . Now it is the Libertarian Party (tougher than the Dems) so it is moving more slowly .

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I completely agree.

I've read story after story about him and his so-called "libertarian" views.

I'm out of the bag for Johnson as well. If this is the best the Libertarian Party can do then there really is no Libertarianism left.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

My issue with Trump is, I'm not convinced he cares about the people either. I'm not sure what his real motives are even slightly.

If you asked me directly "Does Trump care about the American people first and foremost?" I'm not sure how confident an answer I could provide, either. That said, it's a working example of "what do you buy for the man who has everything?" I believe Trump is looking to build a legacy of personal greatness in the final decades of his life. If he wins the presidency, that's part of it, but if he wins the presidency AND delivers a great presidency while in office, leaving office as a man who fulfilled his campaign promises and hands off an American in much better shape than it is presently in, then that's his only way to have that legacy.

I honestly believe Donald J. Trump wants to be eulogized as "one of the greatest men, the most powerful, the wealthiest, the most respected" of his generation. He can't and won't do that without also greatly benefiting the American people.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I so want to believe that. I've sorta argued that in the past.

He's getting older, and he's the clinical example of a narcissistic personality. Leaving himself a super legacy like that is completely plausible. I'm almost sold to be honest.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   

I'll be honest I've been becoming conflicted on this front.

Check out www.isidewith.com... for a comparison of the candidates
edit on 30-7-2016 by lloydman because: Link update

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

My issue with Trump is, I'm not convinced he cares about the people either. I'm not sure what his real motives are even slightly.

I honestly believe Donald J. Trump wants to be eulogized as "one of the greatest men, the most powerful, the wealthiest, the most respected" of his generation. He can't and won't do that without also greatly benefiting the American people.

Yeah, I tend to agree with this.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

If this is truly the case, why does he continue to alienate women, the disabled, minorities, Jews, and moderates that might support him if he wasn't so goofy.

His white conservative male base is strong but is it enough?

Gov. Gary is a friend of mine and he nailed Trump ....

independentpoliticalreport.com...
edit on 30-7-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join