It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gary Johnson: Fake Libertarian

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Wow, he sounds quite "progressive". A Jewish baker should be "forced" to provide a "Nazi themed" cake. Video at the link.

Yeah, I know... It is Friday, I am bored and have nothing else to do

Libertarian he is not.

www.foxbusiness.com...

When Austin Petersen, one of Johnson’s opponents in the forum, asked the former governor if a Jewish baker should be required to bake a Nazi wedding cake, he said: “That would be my contention, yes.”

John McAfee, another participant in the forum, added his thoughts to the conversation.

“If you’re the only baker in town, it may be a problem,” he said. “But no one is forcing you to buy anything or to choose one person over another. So why should I be forced to do anything if I am not harming you? It’s my choice to sell, your choice to buy.”

Petersen’s response to Johnson’s statement: “This portrays a fundamental lack of understanding of the free market. You have to allow the marketplace to work. The government cannot stamp out bigotry. The government is not supposed to make us into better people—that’s not what the United States was founded on.”

edit on 29-7-2016 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Why do you think so many of teh RINO GOPe went into his camp? He has never impressed me as a real libertarian. It's things like this that are why.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
The Republicans have taken over the Libertarian party. Started in '08 when Bob Barr was their nominee.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
The guy openly supports "Citizen's United" not even Hillary and Trump are that stupid.

The decision that sold us all out to the TPTB.

Trump and Hillary support it to, even if they claim they don't. But he leaves no doubt.

Guess I'm voting Stein.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

...Gary Johnson is no Republican, nor is he a libertarian... He's Hillary Clinton with less baggage only because he has had less opportunity to collect that baggage than she has.

Open borders, US-harming global trade deals, not non-interventionist but non-US defending military policies, pro higher corporate taxation, pro-"progressive" taxation, pro-increased funding for social programs, pro-increased funding for Planned Parenthood... and Weld is a dyed in the wool globalist liberal who has zero business on a libertarian ticket.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Mike Badnarik is my President.

Have talked to him on the phone some times, he's a good guy!
edit on 29-7-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Gov. Gary was right about one thing, Trumps a Pu$$y.

independentpoliticalreport.com...

That alone is enough for him to get my vote.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I voted for him when he ran for the presidency.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

GIGGITY!
edit on 29-7-2016 by WeDemBoyz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Blueracer

...Gary Johnson is no Republican, nor is he a libertarian... He's Hillary Clinton with less baggage only because he has had less opportunity to collect that baggage than she has.

Open borders, US-harming global trade deals, not non-interventionist but non-US defending military policies, pro higher corporate taxation, pro-"progressive" taxation, pro-increased funding for social programs, pro-increased funding for Planned Parenthood... and Weld is a dyed in the wool globalist liberal who has zero business on a libertarian ticket.

Oh yeah!! I heard him in an interview saying the illegals "just" want jobs. lol! No big deal.

Also he said he hasn't got stoned for 5 weeks.

Tell me that won't come up in an ad.

The guy hit me as a joke.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

So in the same breath as criticisng him for being divisive he's also going to resort to name calling?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

That is not very presidential acting. Trump doesn't even act that childish.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Gov. Gary was right about one thing, Trumps a Pu$$y.

independentpoliticalreport.com...

That alone is enough for him to get my vote.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Perfect example of the average American voting strategy!
Just like the "Vote Bernie because f*** it!" bumper stickers.
Linky

This whole voting cycle has shown the world just how stupid American politicians, politics, and Americans in general have become...

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer

That is not very presidential acting. Trump doesn't even act that childish.

So Trump mocking a disabled man is presidential?

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Did I say it was? What Johnson said is 6th grade playground stuff. He's showing he is no better than Trump or Clinton.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Still a far better choice than Hillary or Trump.......

Im voting 3rd Party

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I disagree, the fact he's so openly supporting Citizen's United makes it clear he's begging the TPTB to endorse him. He's kissing the boots of Corporate America in hopes they'll switch to him.

Hey, hey, look over here!!! I'm all for being bought, buying votes is A OK!!!!! See see I'm one of you!!!

Addendum: We need to get a third party in, and to get one close enough to enter the debates. But to pick one that openly supports the selling out of the American people by the Supreme Court and the citizen's united ruling would be disastrous, because while it will demonstrate our fighting back, it will show we do so blindly. They need to know we stand against them and what they stand for, not just swing about blindly.
edit on 7/29/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

...can I give you crap about how strong you hold your moral principles, voting for a non-practicing Christian secularist who's loudly supported drug legalization (not to mention a man who proudly discusses how much dope he's used), weakening of America's military, open borders, pro-choice, pro-increased Planned Parenthood funding, and essentially stands for the social policy opposites of everything you've supported while on ATS? I only ask this because you took great strides in attacking anyone who supported Trump while so-called "evangelical conservative" Ted Cruz was still a thing, decrying our "commitment to morals, faith, and ethics" for supporting Trump. Fair is fair man, how can you justify voting for someone who goes so vastly against your stated morals?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Citizens United, the TPP, NAFTA... the list of corporate kneel downs Gary Johnson is supportive of is a "what's what" of globalist commandments.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Exactly, is why he's actually worse than Hillary or Trump, he openly stands with the TPTB. Voting him in would be the equivalent of endorsing everything the TPTB have been trying to do. It would be...

Holy crap... could it be... Is that what's really going on?

Is Trump and Hillary there, not to win, but to get Johnson elected, to seem like a big victory, while giving Corporate America the go ahead to land the killing blow?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join