It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate Superstition Is Weaponizing The Ignorant

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

NO but we smoke YOUR troops all the time.

Really, thats awesome lol, but again thats not facts, its just an opinion.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Double mint gum

edit on 29-7-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

WE can't, you believe lies.
ITS ACADEMIC ,the bitch won't get elected and Trump DOESN'T LIKE the UN either.
CARBON tax is another PONZI for the US ,,,F##k that.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
liberals love facts

...only convenient ones that fit the narrative. If you deny that, I can certainly start rolling out the firearm, crime, environmental, and economic facts that liberals routinely ignore while pushing their emotion-driven arguments down the world's throat.

Well this liberal does not pretend that we are perfect, also to clarify the liberals in Canada are far more right than the democrats, there still corrupt and stupid but at least they stay closer to liberal views.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
If they know 'scientifically' then how come all their forecasts of flooding/hurricanes/starvation/etc have been wrong? Why are their computer models wrong about predicting past known climate changes when using modern observation?.

...I'd guess they're wrong because they lacked the standard scientific benefits of real peer reviews, challenges, and testing. It's amazing how this vital component to science can be cast aside and people still buy-in to the untested, unchallenged theories.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Your links to the study are broken in that article.
Ok went to the IOP and had to see what it said about it. It isn't saying that only 32% endorsed it, just that was what they found in those papers and the others either had no stance or rejected.
32% over 0.7% tho is a pretty big difference btw. If it is such a big scam why did only 0.7 reject it?

Why? Follow the money, dude, follow the money.

Oh you mean the trillions being made with fossil fuels who are the main people who deny all of this?
Ya I have, strange how you don't put any funny pictures about that, nope all about the hypothetical scam you all say is the only answer when many don't want that either.
It is almost like you don't want to admit that oil and gas have a horse in this race and are the ones really racking in the dough.
Oh and your tax dollars subsidize it, but hey you never complain about that either!
Where was the ruined business btw?
edit on thFri, 29 Jul 2016 19:23:14 -0500America/Chicago720161480 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I didn't demand jack, you are the only one who as demanded anything.
If you don't want to believe don't, but when you say nonsense about what is being done about it people are gonna say something.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

If they know 'scientifically' then how come all their forecasts of flooding/hurricanes/starvation/etc have been wrong? Why are their computer models wrong about predicting past known climate changes when using modern observation?.

...I'd guess they're wrong because they lacked the standard scientific benefits of real peer reviews, challenges, and testing. It's amazing how this vital component to science can be cast aside and people still buy-in to the untested, unchallenged theories.

All you brought is insults and jokes thats it, oh a few colorful memes and some funny pictures, is there a real point, or just another drive by shooting.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

WE can't, you believe lies.
ITS ACADEMIC ,the bitch won't get elected and Trump DOESN'T LIKE the UN either.
CARBON tax is another PONZI for the US ,,,F##k that.

Dude i cant stand hillary, the province i live in is one of the first to implement a carbon tax, and we arent poor or selling out to the UN, also people pollute less cause it cost them money if they do, pretty simple if you ask me. And you know what its working, wow mind blown.

link   

Comparing people who know scientifically that the world is heating up and man made pollution is destroying the earth, which is all facts, to witch burning people by fairy tale believers.

Nice fail.

They know "scientifically" huh?

Was that too much for you, by the way my english is basic at best, but thanks for coming out.

No, but it made me chuckle. Thanks for that.

If they know 'scientifically' then how come all their forecasts of flooding/hurricanes/starvation/etc have been wrong? Why are their computer models wrong about predicting past known climate changes when using modern observation? You'd think that a broken clock would be right every now and again but as it stands a randomizer program has better luck reproducing climate shifts.

The planet heating up of the planet and the weather is 2 different stories. We are destroying this planet and we have proof but its not good enough for some people, its always about some evil liberal conspiracy, i care because i have kids, and they deserve a better world that where we are heading.

just my 2 Canadian cents

This tired old excuse.

Climate realists aren't the ones saying that 'the heating planet' is going to cause weather events like flooding events, more hurricanes, impacting agriculture. That's the climate zealots making those claims, so *they* are the ones putting 'heating up' and 'weather' on the same page.

Since their 'forcecasts' have been wrong, it is fair to say their 'scientific observations' have errors and they should go back to square one instead of trying to convince the rest of us that we need to stop doing things they cannot prove are causing problems they cannot reproduce.

link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Are you in favor of the carbon tax initative?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Comparing people who know scientifically that the world is heating up and man made pollution is destroying the earth, which is all facts, to witch burning people by fairy tale believers.

Nice fail.

They know "scientifically" huh?

Was that too much for you, by the way my english is basic at best, but thanks for coming out.

No, but it made me chuckle. Thanks for that.

If they know 'scientifically' then how come all their forecasts of flooding/hurricanes/starvation/etc have been wrong? Why are their computer models wrong about predicting past known climate changes when using modern observation? You'd think that a broken clock would be right every now and again but as it stands a randomizer program has better luck reproducing climate shifts.

The planet heating up of the planet and the weather is 2 different stories. We are destroying this planet and we have proof but its not good enough for some people, its always about some evil liberal conspiracy, i care because i have kids, and they deserve a better world that where we are heading.

just my 2 Canadian cents

This tired old excuse.

Climate realists aren't the ones saying that 'the heating planet' is going to cause weather events like flooding events, more hurricanes, impacting agriculture. That's the climate zealots making those claims, so *they* are the ones putting 'heating up' and 'weather' on the same page.

Since their 'forcecasts' have been wrong, it is fair to say their 'scientific observations' have errors and they should go back to square one instead of trying to convince the rest of us that we need to stop doing things they cannot prove are causing problems they cannot reproduce.

Tired old excuse, we have just started talking about climate change in the past 20 or 30 years. Forecasting and the planet heating up and pollution in the water and the air are different issues, plz stay on the ball.
edit on 29-7-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Comparing people who know scientifically that the world is heating up and man made pollution is destroying the earth, which is all facts, to with burning people by fairy tale believers.

Nice fail.

I thought the whole ethos is based on man made pollution, and that the world is heating up because of man made pollution, AKA...AGW.
So why attempt any subtleties? are there some doubts, perhaps because much of the base source material was/is flawed, and there is no doubt about that...that alone probably pissed off a lot of researchers because of so much cherrypicking.
Not only that, the digital age has it's own problems when getting to grips with the historical dodgy past measurements of what? say 150 years of weather measuring instruments in some places when the total environment around them had changed...totally, never mind a whole gamut of crap locations in the first place, new and old. So modelling is done...yet another word for yet more cherrypicking.

So , the OP is right to highlight bull when it is obvious, regardless of what it is, while in the US, the climate issue is often something of a political stance, although to me Bloomberg for instance, has certain bouts of Schizophrenia politically, which I think is fair enough to kick them into touch here. Nothing is so simple as it seems.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Not really, I am much more interested in moving away from our reliance on fossil fuels than just trying to tax it while still using it.

(post by cavtrooper7 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Where was the ruined business btw?

I've been open and frank in my attack on oil subsidies. Alaska had a voter initiative a couple of years ago about Senate Bill 21 which I was dismayed to see pass, reworking both the oil taxes and the subsidies to more favor the oil companies. I not only campaigned against the new system, I bemoaned the stupidity of those who voted for it.

Now, on to failed business.

What do you think is driving China's growing economy and stranglehold on the production sector? Their energy is produced by dirt cheap coal, much of which comes from America... we still have the world's largest coal reserves by a large margin. This country's production sector has, in part, fled America due to America's higher energy and manufacturing costs. Those costs would be greatly reduced if this country would simply adopt clean coal technology. Hell, we're sitting on enough coal to run the US for the next century at lower costs than what we're seeing passed on to the consumer to construct renewable (and much less efficient) sources.

Consumers are already seeing higher stresses on their budgets thanks to policy changes made directly due to belief in the AGW lie. Imagine the impact of additional carbon taxes combined with the reduction of growth self-imposed handcuffs will result in. When you factor in the fact that these policies ultimately aren't adopted by countries like China, India, and Mexico, meaning even more jobs will abandon the more restrictive and more expensive west and flow directly into those countries. Those lost jobs will be felt on Main Street America as less income = less spending = mom & pop stores go out of business due to lower sales.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Should have been DONE in the 50s..

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: DBCowboy

I didn't demand jack, you are the only one who as demanded anything.
If you don't want to believe don't, but when you say nonsense about what is being done about it people are gonna say something.

Not believing would be wonderful, if there wasn't such a concerted effort to punish and criminalize those that are skeptics.
edit on 29-7-2016 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
just because the politicians don't have a smart solution doesn't mean it's not happening

that's deeply flawed logic

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

if some evagalist somewhere went on tv explaining that he needed money to help others prepare for judgement day, then he spent the money buying himself a boat, a car and a house, would you believe that this person seriously believes that judgement day is coming in his lifetime.

If the government truly believed that climate change was a serious issue, wouldn't they be looking for serious solutions instead of holding very very expensive conferences and paying themselves millions.

Al Gore was never broke but he has never been so rich since he first started talking about climate change. Of course he gets a cut from every carbon credit.

IF he seriously believed, would he spend the money buying more windmills or something?

Tired of Control Freaks

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join