It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Old Hag" in a Couple Dreams

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I am writing this as of waking up barely 5minutes ago so please bare with me; I'm pretty adept at remaining somewhat coherent, though sleepy, so...

It's this "old hag" type being. My dream-self is scared of it, considers it an "evil witch" type figure. I have never dreamt of it before until now, twice, and I don't know what it means.

In dream #1 - All I remember is that I was boarding up windows, I couldn't let something into the house... and then there was a knock at a door, at the end of a hallway, a door that was never there before. And I opened it and this Old Hag comes flying at me, chanting strange words, chasing me down the hallway before I woke up. I don't remember those words now but I remembered to search them the other day when it happened, but no results showed up, but thanks to my internet history, the words were something akin to:
Mer Ferlock

In dream #2 - Which I just woke up from. I was with my son, who was a bit older than he is now since he could actually talk properly. Or maybe he could just talk properly in my dream, either way. We were talking about storms, and going out to explore a cave after the storm had passed. We needed to go looking for a hip-bone of some creature. And then he was asking me about one of the Gods in the story I'm writing, Esra'elle, and why he doesn't perform storms and things to impress the people when witches could. And then there was a knock at the door, and I felt really scared, and forbid him from opening the door. Minutes passed and suddenly a child's voice came from outside crying that he only wanted to play with my son. So, stupidly, I was all "okay." and opened the door and the same "old hag" from my previous dream was outside waiting for us. I'm just staring at it in shock and then I woke up.

I tried searching for what an "old hag" in dreams means, but I keep getting references to sleep paralysis. Which I am not experiencing.

In my dreams, the being kind of looks like what a Hagraven looks like in Skyrim - link to image

Anyway, just thought I'd share.. and see if anyone has any suggestions for what an old hag in a dream, twice in one week, could mean.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Your hag image had this one beside it

imgur.com...

Now i know what i'm going to dream tonight

Also, what are you doing dreaming with my wife???

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

How disturbing!

I suppose you saw in your search the reference to the the fetlock joint that a horse has and it is odd, too me, that you and your son were going out to look for a bone of some creature.

I hope you find answers.

P.S. You've got mail!

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Oh Gosh!!!
Hahahaha... yeah... imgur is pretty bad today. I don't recommend browsing it on the 29th unless you want to be scarred for the rest of your life.

And I'm sorry, please take your wife back, I don't want her in my dreams anymore.

a reply to: TNMockingbird
I haven't actually searched for that yet.. the bones... just old hags in dreams in general, and those words from the other dream. I need to do more searching, these dreams creeped me out.

Mail received!

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Are you guarding your feelings from someone? The boarding up of windows, keeping something out, the trust of the child that turned into something bad, the knocking on doors, like someone may be trying to get closer to you, but you are afraid to let them in. Sometimes dreams are abstract visions trying to interpret our deep emotions. I could be completely wrong, just throwing that out there.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Sometimes dreams are abstract visions trying to interpret our deep emotions.

I agree

But something just feels "off" with these two dreams... with the old hag that's been in both...
I don't know.

As to if I'm guarding myself... I am a little bit, I admit.. and that's a perfectly reasonable reason for the boarding up the windows and keeping something, or someone out.. but not the scary witch lady.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Hell, that is just Hillary. You watched the DNC convention before bedtime didn't you?

edit on 29-7-2016 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
Hell, that is just Hillary. You watched the DNC convention before bedtime didn't you?

Sorry, old hag with all the political threads, I just could not resist.

LOL!!! I understand. Hilarious though! That's one thing she can't be blamed for though; I have no interest in American politics, just the funny memes that arise from it.

edit on 29 7 2016 by kaelci because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

An explanation is that it is actually a repressed part of yourself.
Not so much a whitch (they are priestesses, mother earth) but more demon like.
Naturally this means to become whole by accepting this repressed part of yourself, so love is the key, not fear.
Through love and acceptance the energy is transformed, it will no longer be threatening but contribute to the self.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

Your post makes me wonder, and also makes me wonder why I didn't think of such a thing before.. but lately I've been on a journey of inner-reflection, trying to understand my inner-self, trying to be more "one" with my self.

Just what you said there, of a repressed part of myself.. just made me think of that..

Thank you for your post.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Theres actually quite a bit on the "old hag" dream written. Search deeper.
Good luck...

MS*

*Just looked myself...also referred to Old Hag Syndrome Search Steven Quayle, The Shadowlands etc for starters...
edit on 29-7-2016 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Ahahahaha! Good one!

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
*Just looked myself...also referred to Old Hag Syndrome Search Steven Quayle, The Shadowlands etc for starters...

Old Hag Syndrome was what I was referring to when I said:

I tried searching for what an "old hag" in dreams means, but I keep getting references to sleep paralysis. Which I am not experiencing.

I ended up searching for "dreams old hag -paralysis -chest -sitting" so I would stop getting those results...

I will keep searching though, I've been reading many interesting things the past few hours since I posted this thread and I'm sure I'll continue to find more. And I'll look at the Old Hag Syndrome for more information anyway. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I had once a dream that occured frequently,

I was sitting in my living room, when i noticed the sky had turned purple.. I went across the room and looke outside, everything was silver and purple, the most beatuiful of colors.. When the sky all of a sudden turned into fire..

The first time i had this dream, i ran.. The second time, i also ran.. The third time, i stood still and closed my eyes..

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

The story itself is quite old. Even in the 50's -early sixties was one front page story in Detroit about a man waking up to find an old hag looking down on him smelling of rotting flesh.

Story went on to say she was mentally ill, family moved away and couldnt find her on moving day. She had been living in the walls when the new family moved in...

Quite the tail...then it was discussed being a common nightime experience with some real explanations as to why we have these dreams.

Good luck in your searching!

edit on 29-7-2016 by mysterioustranger because: add

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

When my dream happens a third time (like I assume it will), I hope my dream-self will calm down a moment and talk to the hag. But these dreams aren't lucid, I have no control, and it may not be wise to speak with it/her. I don't know.

I imagine a certain peace washing over you when you simply stood still and closed your eyes.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

" It's this "old hag" type being. My dream-self is scared of it, considers it an "evil witch" type figure. I have never dreamt of it before until now, twice, and I don't know what it means. "

From what I can Comprehend there Dude , you Secretly want to do the Nasty with Hillary Clinton . Damn , better go to a Psyc Doc Right Now for some Prescription Meds to make that Nightmare go away ASAP . !

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Kaelci is not a dude. She is a lovely young lady.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Both are the same, Foretelling of a great deception that is or about to be perpetrated against you and your need to be on guard from the source of this deception. Keep to close family only and be aware even of old close friends.

edit on 30-7-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Old Hag is just an ignorant insult to a female version of the Rephaim or eternally dead. Quite often they appear as banshees or sirens.

This entity has a message for you. You need to open up the dream door, allow her in and scribble the runes on something. These runes will tell you where the messenger originates from and the message itself.

Thoth runes would be Egyption.
Celtic runes would be Britannica.

Think before falling asleep that you want to see her again, with her message, before you wake up in the morning. Then there will be a good chance of remembering the runes.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join