It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yesterday, Kansas City: Low-speed police chase, no one hurt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
So - this happened yesterday: Cops being cautious, no one hurt. Lady who seems to be oblivious, neglected (forgot?) to pay when leaving a Chinese Restaurant, was unaware that cops were following her. Drove across town, for an hour. They followed her. They threw stop sticks...she kept going. All the way to a car dealership where she could get her tires and wheels replaced.

After she dropped her friend off in the middle of a busy intersection near to Community College (this was in my neighborhood), still ignoring/unaware the police parade she was conducting......

her tires in shreds, she drives to a service station.

Who does this?
She was wearing a turban - a fashionable head-wrap that matched her orange dress. She looked to be elderly. She got out of her car and calmly walked toward the door of the dealership, still ignoring the police who were approaching with guns drawn.

This is a strange scenario. The cops were cautious - followed her when they could easily have barricaded the route....kept their distance. She really seemed oblivious. No shots were fired, and no one was hurt.

But I can imagine the fear and caution on their part....who knows what might be ahead anymore????

Dine-and-dash over $13 leads to low-speed police chase

You gotta love KC, I tell ya.....we ain't much, but we're all we've got.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
While a pretty interesting set of events, it isn't all that surprising to me.

This woman posses the very highest level of obliviousness. Everyday I see people who are so unaware of ANYTHING happening around them that they would have never lasted a day back when humans actually had to FIGHT for survival. These are the people a modern society protects, in the past we would have never seen them but now they are everywhere.

Scary, and sad.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

INDEPENDENCE, MO (KCTV) -
Two women led police on a chase through Kansas City after a dine-and-dash at a Chinese restaurant.

Lunch at Lucky Buffet, 2931 S. Noland Rd., in Independence is $5.99. After taxes, food for two is about $13.

Police say the two women in the chase skipped paying their bill, struck an employee and drove away.

The suspects drove through downtown about 1:30 p.m. Stop sticks shredded all four of the Jeep Grand Cherokee's tires, as herds of police refused to let the women escape the 10 mile-per-hour chase.

For more than an hour, police from multiple cities cleared highways as chunks of rubber spewed from the SUV.

Guns were drawn near College Boulevard and State Avenue in Kansas City, KS as police coaxed one of the women out of the car. At one point, she was down to all fours while seven officers kept their weapons fixed on the woman still behind the wheel.

Moments later, the driver took off again, grinding the aluminum rims into the asphalt west down State Avenue. Several blocks later, the chase took another turn into an auto shop specializing in tire sales.

The driver then casually walked toward the shop ignoring police closing in, ending the chase.

Independence police refused to justify their tactics for what they say will likely be larceny, assault and traffic violations.

An Independence police sergeant said they used stop sticks because the woman simply wouldn't stop. He said it may have been slow speed, but it was still a pursuit, and they followed their department rules.

Copyright 2016 KCTV (Meredith Corp.) All rights reserved.Link to video with Raw Footage of her adventure

The other link above also has the news story video if you want it.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Well you don't see that every day. Wonder what her glitch was?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: sycomix

I really can only guess. Off her meds? Alzheimer's? She doesn't look like a 'druggie' or a threatening person.....I want to interview her.

I used to work in the urban core as a counselor. I went to "Mental Health Court" every Tuesday, to offer case management/counselling to defendants who were clearly not functioning well. I got to know the judge, and many of the repeat 'offenders'. Parts of it were hilarious - but mostly it was just sad.
When Raygun closed all the Mental Hospitals and set the residents loose on their home communities, there was NO preparation.

The government just expected locales to deal with these people, who had no meds, no handlers, no caregivers. No continuity of care, or case managers.

edit on 7/29/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Just imagining the radio communication between the police about what to do.....

I'd like to interview them. Every one of them.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I was just thinking that, how did the radio chatter go?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: sycomix

Since they couldn't know (she was wearing a turban, an orange one that matched her dress) who it was (I don't mean to profile here, but it crosses my mind as a reason for excessive caution when the police are involved) -- Could she have been a carbomber? A mule/hostage wired to kill everyone? She just ignored the stop-sticks! What the .....?????

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Yes, it is scary and sad. See my above post about why we see them....and my thoughts about that.....

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Delete
edit on 29-7-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
While a pretty interesting set of events, it isn't all that surprising to me.

This woman posses the very highest level of obliviousness. Everyday I see people who are so unaware of ANYTHING happening around them that they would have never lasted a day back when humans actually had to FIGHT for survival. These are the people a modern society protects, in the past we would have never seen them but now they are everywhere.

Scary, and sad.

We're losing our touch, no doubt about it. 50,000 years ago a hunter-gatherer could tell you who went where by the bend in a blade of grass, he could guess the weather by a shift in the wind. Nowadays we have GPS tracking and Doppler radar, and a quarter of the population is still borderline retarded. The rest are inept at mostly everything beyond using their fingers to cause colored pixels to appear on a screen.
edit on 29-7-2016 by Talorc because: Spelling

top topics

join