It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Native American and Celtic Animal Symbols 'Totem Animals'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Keep in mind this is purely for fun.

I know Native Americans have a strong belief in such, as i have a couple of Cree friends who i have discussed these topics with before.

So. What is your Totem Animal, and, have you ever seen it in your Dreams?

I've seen a few animals and insects and snakes in dreams, and some people i've spoken to have said you can have more than one Totem Animal. Whether or not this is true, i have absolutely no idea. It's possible. But i've also seen the Bear in my dreams quite vivid, speaking to me with a British accent, funny i know. Animals talk to me in my dreams, go figgure.

Native American Animal Signs: Meanings for Native Zodiac Wisdom

Native American animal symbols can encompass just about all the animals, and their symbolic representation to the many tribes of the Americas.

To narrow down the focus a bit, this page is devoted to birth animals - or zodiac animals.

Many Native American cultures have the belief that a person is assigned an animal upon the time of birth.

Below are interpreted Native American symbols of the zodiac and the characteristics for each one.

Click Here to find out what yours is.

According to my time of my Birth, I am the Bear (Native Totem)

Bear: Aug 22 - Sep 21

Pragmatic, and methodical the Bear is the one to call when a steady hand is needed. The Bear's practicality and level-headedness makes him/her an excellent business partner. Usually the voice of reason in most scenarios, the Bear is a good balance for Owls. The Bear is also gifted with an enormous heart, and a penchant for generosity.

However, one might not know it as the Bear tends to be very modest, and a bit shy. In a loving environment this Native American animal symbol showers love and generosity in return. Further, the Bear has a capacity for patience and temperance, which makes him/her excellent teachers and mentors. Left to his/her own devices the bear can be skeptical, sloth, small-minded and reclusive.

And the (Celtic Totem), I am the Swan.

The Celts honored the rhythms of Nature, and observed different flavors of their environment according to the season. Like our Native American kin, the full moon in each month held a special personality.

www.whats-your-sign.com...]The Celtic version Here

September 2 - September 29

Celtic Totem Animals:
Spiritually evolved, and eloquent in expressing themselves, the swan swims in a class of their own. They have high standards, infinitely discriminating tastes and they have a keen eye for beauty (even when others cannot see it). Very refined and noble, sometimes the swan is mistaken as detached. This however, is not the case.

The swan is a lover, and can prove to be quite passionate in relationships. That "coolness" comes from the swan's understanding of composure. They're natural aristocrats. They can be exacting in details, and have specific ideas about how things should be done. If you want someone who is perceptive, organized and extremely tasteful, get a swan's perspective.

This is purely for entertainment (and a good release from the political grind).

Feel free to post your Totem here.

edit on 7/29/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/29/2016 by awareness10 because: i'm in edit hell. :]

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Goose and Stag respectively

S&F
edit on 29-7-2016 by sycomix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: sycomix

Thankyou sycomix

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   
And then the buffalos went insane and ran through the village of blamanama and killed everyone....

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   
But then the miraculous occured, they found their way to ATS and .....

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Otter for NA and Cat for Celtic lol. It's funny as both these creatures are described as unorthodox/unconventional and that's how others perceive me in RL. I think the world's horoscope and Zodiac writers always say that about people who are born in the mid-winter or early part of the year.

"Aloof" is a cross to bear too. My nearest and dearest know differently, but others have said "arrogant." F*** 'em, I say!

Both of your signs have attractive qualities too. Do you identify with them at all or do you think there's more to you than this?

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Otter for NA and Cat for Celtic lol. It's funny as both these creatures are described as unorthodox/unconventional and that's how others perceive me in RL. I think the world's horoscope and Zodiac writers always say that about people who are born in the mid-winter or early part of the year.

"Aloof" is a cross to bear too. My nearest and dearest know differently, but others have said "arrogant." F*** 'em, I say!

Both of your signs have attractive qualities too. Do you identify with them at all or do you think there's more to you than this?

I love Cats, just so you know
I think i was a Cat in my past life. You have really good signs. You know what i noticed though? It's always accurate with me, always. I totally identify with my sign Virgo. My sign never changes. I've always found it incredibly interesting. I'm beginning to think i'm an Alien actually..

Thankyou for posting it made my day!

I wanted to add your signs...
Celtic Animal Sign Cat

January 21 - February 17

Quick minded, and even quicker wit, the cat of the Celtic year packs a pounce in the realm of intellect. This Celtic animal sign has impeccable reasoning abilities, but moreover they have a knack for seeing the underside of things, a "sixth mental sense" if you will. They have unorthodox vision, and should be called upon when fresh new perspectives are needed in a project.

They also have a kind, humanitarian quality that makes them lovable. Although sometimes they can appear aloof because they like to be on the fringe, always observing. Nevertheless, they have the best intentions at heart. Cats are also very creative, and need an artistic outlet to express themselves.

Native Animal Otter

Otter: Jan 20 - Feb 18

A little quirky, and unorthodox, the Otter is a hard one to figure sometimes. Perceived as unconventional, the Otter methods aren't the first ones chosen to get the job done. This is a big mistake on the part of others - because although unconventional, the Otter's methods are usually quite effective.

Yes, the Otter has unusual way of looking at things, but he/she is equipped with a brilliant imagination and intelligence, allowing him/her an edge over every one else. Often very perceptive and intuitive, the Otter makes a very good friend, and can be very attentive. In a nurturing environment the Otter is sensitive, sympathetic, courageous, and honest. Left to his/her own devices, the Otter can be unscrupulous, lewd, rebellious, and isolated.

edit on 7/30/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Cute!

Otter/Cat here.

It is a fairly accurate description, I suppose.

My sign is Aquarius and a friend at work (IT guy who is also Aquarius) will say, often, we're Aquarius it's what we do as a response to us doing something quirky or when we are agreeing that it seems as if everyone around us has gone crazy.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   

I'm not a believer in the horoscopes, but, like you say, it's a bit of fun and nothing wrong with that

They're so complimentary that it's easy to feel enchanted by them. Looking at the qualities of each of our signs, they look quite complimentary too. A few similarities also.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Iol yay, i didnt' think my thread was seen.

My Dad was an aquarius, i understand!

Do you and this It guy get on well? It could be a very good match!

Thankyou i love that you shared that. Perhaps you should ask him to lunch sometime? you may have more in common than you think, or perhaps i should just stop talking lol.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

I'm not a believer in the horoscopes, but, like you say, it's a bit of fun and nothing wrong with that

They're so complimentary that it's easy to feel enchanted by them. Looking at the qualities of each of our signs, they look quite complimentary too. A few similarities also.

My parents and sibs are British so mum talked about this from time to time. I have always found it immensely interesting, as it's always accurate with me.

I'll see if i can find something else, for fun of course.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
Iol yay, i didnt' think my thread was seen.
My Dad was an aquarius, i understand!
Do you and this It guy get on well? It could be a very good match!
Thankyou i love that you shared that. Perhaps you should ask him to lunch sometime? you may have more in common than you think, or perhaps i should just stop talking lol.

Of course it was seen! I'm just a non commenter often and habitual flag and starrer.

The IT guy...no love connection there but a good work friendship. We have little in common outside of our Aquarian ways and awareness of 'things unseen' if that makes any sense!
Never stop talking to me by the way! Say whatever you think/feel. I do!

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   

I always do lol. And Thanks. I'm about to engulf upon writing a short story, so with any luck it should be done sometime between now and September.

It used to be my passion, writing and poetry, but i havent had the chance to engulf on my one true love, writing due to circumstance. I'm back on it however and i absolutely appreciate your input. Thankyou!

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   
double post.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Crap, just went through some pages and realized i posted Bon Jovi in here rather than the music dept. by accident.

One page at a time for me from now on lol.

Thought i'd reiterate on the off chance it confused someone entering the thread.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   
This is fun. Otter and Cat for me too. Guess you drew all the Aquarians lol!

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Starcrossd

Oh i don't mind, i get along great with Aquarians

Thanks for posting yours!

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Falcon and Bull for me. The regular zodiac sign is Aries (ram).

For some reason "stubborn" is mentioned in all three! I can be but usually end up being right when all is said and done so there is reason behind the attitude!

"Soaring", "leader", "steadfast" sound good but when I do not like a situation you can count me gone. And because some people try to take advantage of those qualities I have had to adopt a "three strike" rule. The adage, fool me once, shame on me, yadayadayada? Same thing. Been screwed over too many times and have to draw the line somewhere.

The Celtic Bull mentions one trait that seems to be spot on: intuitive. Sometimes some people rub me the wrong way upon meeting them and that is it for me. Turn around and walk away; one and done. But that is in the real world. Others seem to sense it too because they will tell me anything! Not bad for a stubborn, conceited, rude, loner huh?

Thanks for the fun! S+F
edit on 11-8-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: grammar nazi

top topics

join