It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR DETAINEES

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2002 @ 06:57 PM
link   
No debate, just fact. I rarely even bother any more as most people haven't the foggiest, and at this point there isn't any practical solution. Unless the government goes hideous ignorant, armed revolution is not even an option considering workforce division.

Flags are not pretty little pieces of cloth to tape to your back spoiler to show fellow citizens that you are a citizen of the country and that you are aware of it. It sets jurisdiction. At every emabassy, a nation flies their flag, and to attack that embassy is to officially attack that nation, since that is the jurisdiction of that nation.

In a courtroom, the jurisdiction is set by the flag flown as well. What flag is flown dictates what jurisdiction, and what authority. The flag with the gold fringe is an executive flag. Notice, an executive flag setting jurisdiction in a courtroom.

Take note of the next policeman you see. You'll see a flag on his left sleeve. Take note of what type flag; is it a flag of peace, or is it an executive flag?

While you travel down the highway, if you go faster than what the sign says you can go, you might be stopped by a trooper in his "cruiser" (military warship). He will gladly give you a ticket for violating a Uniformed Commercial Code. What does that have to do with a citizen exercising his right to travel? The question, by the way, is are tyou really a citizen exercising your right to travel.

Bob Dole gave us a hint when he said that if Clinton wanted to send forces to Bosnia, there was nothing Congress could do about it.

Three ways martial law is rescinded:
1) Conqering nation rescinds martial law.
2) Citizens rise up, take control of government and rescind martial law
3) implementing commander rescinds martial law.

Money.
Paper money, or "war script", is used in times of war to deny the enemy a nation's actual worth. Silver is for intranational trade and gold is international trade.

We were declared enemies of the state when the nation went bankrupt in the first few years of the last century. In order to prove that you are a "friendly", you have had to obtain proper documents. Your parents helped you get the first one of your life, your "birth" certificate, and you have accumulated more as you have gotten older. With these new documents, you are no longer a sovereign man on the land but a federal citizen, as if you are in D.C. You are a 14th Amendment citizen.

posted on Aug, 24 2002 @ 09:51 AM
link   
YEs TC ive seen on that go on. Im not talking about martial law as it is imposed to us now,secretly. Im meaning when the president goes on TV and Declares Martial law. When all our constitutioal right are taken swiftly in one speech.Right now the scale is tipped in favor of the government but still we have checks and balances. Im talkin about martial law when the news sources are cenored(even though some beleive they are now) and are just like a state news agency. Im talking about when i want to ride down the road and an army personal stops me and confiscates my car for no reason at all. When the national guard is rolin around in the abrms tanks my butt is gone

posted on Aug, 24 2002 @ 02:53 PM
link   
How about when you go down the road in your car, and you have to stop for a roadside check by the cops? You will have your papers in order or else the have ways of dealing with you. The cop that stops you isn't a peace officer, which would never do such thing, but a "police officer". The police officer doesn't even understand what he does is wrong; they don't teach them that in police academy, of course.

We are already so used to being herded like cattle that when the day comes when martial rule is boiled back up to martial law, it won't be too awfully noticeable.

Anyway, enough of my soapbox.

Drive carefully and remember not to get caught for the wrong reasons.

posted on Aug, 25 2002 @ 10:07 AM
link   
i can see how the cops dont know what threre doin wrong. Theve gone through the system and we have been propagandanized to belive that they are a peace officer. Oh yea i seen sometin really scary on tv last night. FOx news had a show about chasing and how innocent ppl die. Then they showed ways the they could stop car electronicallyy. THe first thing they said that the Pentagon was developing an EMP gun. also chips thet would be installed in all cars that with a press of a button they turn off. THis scares the crap out of me cause theis can usher in martial law where you cant run if it happens.

posted on Aug, 25 2002 @ 06:41 PM
link   
In new cars. That's why I have one car that is a '72 model. Already thought of that a few years ago!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
FYI, it is helpful to read the war on terrorism cases to see where the U.S. Supreme Court stands in this whole mess. One such case is Boumediene v. Bush, where the Court held that aliens are entitled to petition for a habeas corpus action, because it is important to preserve the Constitution and what it represents during the most trying times. At the same time, however, can you imagine how outrageous it must seem to some people that the United States is willing to give the same rights to foreign citizens suspected of waging war against us.

Justice Scalia in his dissent makes a good argument that it is difficult to collect evidence during war and know the real truth. That those detainees the military had concluded were not enemy combatants and released had actually returned to kill. It is also impractical to release some evidence, witness lists, and classified information to attorneys representing the detainees for fear it would get back to the enemy. But it is precisely the reason that the truth is unclear, and that it is possible that innocent people are detained, that we want to make sure we are not detaining the wrong people indefinitely without any due process.

Though Scalia may be correct in stating that the Court is the branch of government that knows least about national security concerns, the Court is also the branch that knows best about constitutional rights which is what the Court is trying to protect in this case.

Btw, the stories of Hamdi, Padilla, and other detainees are very interesting. Of course there are many books out there on the war on terror. Currently, I am very interested in getting my hands on this book called Nation Unhinged by Peter Jan Honigsberg, a book on the erosion of the due process system and the abandonment of the Constitution, resulting from what has been occuring at Guantanamo Bay.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join