It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fall Of The Democratic Party

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
It's easy to be magnanimous from a gated community far away from the inner city.

It's easy to demand that the peasants be disarmed when you can afford armed protection.

It's important to do as you are told to maintain your privileged lifestyle.

What's hard is to risk everything for the sake of your country.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: nobunaga
im hoping they hacked the republicans too. i would enjoy reading some emails showing how hard they were trying to rig it so trump wasnt the nominee...
you know someone did, unless the republicans were smarter and knew how to securely send emails back and forth without the possibility of them being hacked

The Republicans are too old to use computers, they are still working with smoke signals.

Interesting theory.

Must be working for them regardless.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

How do you expect to have an intelligent discussion? All you do is make generalizations and completely avoid discussing while slinging insults. It's pretty rude.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

sorry, I don't think its possible to have an intelligent conversation with you

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
A big blow to this was possibly due to the Russians through Assange - they hacked into the DNC server and are probably the ones who released the leak. It appears the Russians have figured out how to manipulate American politics. For some reason, they want Trump to win.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

that eerily makes sense

If Trump wins the election, America is weaker

edit on 30-7-2016 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
The problem with the schism in the Democratic party (for me anyway) is that I don't see anything endearing about any of the factions. None of them seem to give a crap about what the USA is or what it stands for, they are more interested in what they can turn it into.

So they can tear each other apart all day and night for all I care, I can only hope the ones that emerge from the rubble are weak and ineffectual.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

that eerily makes sense

How?

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

isn't it obvious...then America will be led by a complete idiot that knows NOTHING about political issues...

(oh, you must be a supporter, sorry)

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

You're right!

ALWAYS having party insiders / career politicians obviously is the way it should always go. It's been working out so perfect all this time!

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Well, the experience is important, don't want to put a brain surgeon in charge of us or a rich reality TV star...and yes, it actually does work out, most of the time.

Its been a great past 8 years, we had some hurdles with the republicans in office, but for the most part, its been pretty good.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: MsAphrodite
It's easy to be magnanimous from a gated community far away from the inner city.

It's easy to demand that the peasants be disarmed when you can afford armed protection.

It's important to do as you are told to maintain your privileged lifestyle.

What's hard is to risk everything for the sake of your country.

Lovely idea, when some of us have actually served our country. I drive through the inner city twice a day, have never demanded any be disarmed, and live far from a privelidge lifestyle, not to mention I gave 7 years to my country. What is hard, is facing down the barrel of a firearm, and wondering if it is your time.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

isn't it obvious...

No, please elaborate.

then America will be led by a complete idiot that knows NOTHING about political issues...

It's a common soundbite, but the USA is not truly led by the President. The President is in charge of the Executive Branch. There are other facets of the government, by design. The President gets a bully pulpit, that's about it.

Do you think Obama has been leading America?

(oh, you must be a supporter, sorry)

Nope, Cruz was my guy. I'm not particularly fond of Trump. It is pretty entertaining to see people spazzing over him, though.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

that eerily makes sense

How?

He knows nothing about foreign policy, has badmouthed NATO, should I continue. Trump will crucify himself in this general election, along with much of the Republican down ticket.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Well, the experience is important, don't want to put a brain surgeon in charge of us or a rich reality TV star...and yes, it actually does work out, most of the time.

Its been a great past 8 years, we had some hurdles with the republicans in office, but for the most part, its been pretty good.

Oh you are an Obamite. That explains it.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
g
I would choose Trump over Cruz if I was forced to, that guy is way worse, just with experience so more dangerous.

Yes, I think Obama has done a great job, or the best job he could have done with the republicans in office fighting him each step he took

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

that eerily makes sense

How?

He knows nothing about foreign policy, has badmouthed NATO, should I continue.

Please do. It lets me point out things like Obama/Clinton's fiasco of foreign policy (Ukraine, Middle East - especially Egypt and Iran, Russian overcharge, UK bumbling). Hey remember when Obama said we should let the UN deal with Russia invading Georgia? Good times.

Trump will crucify himself in this general election, along with much of the Republican down ticket.

We shall see. Numbers right now are saying the opposite. Clinton has been outspending Trump 10:1 if not more, and the polls are even.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I would choose Trump over Cruz if I was forced to, that guy is way worse, just with experience so more dangerous.

I can tell we won't agree on a lot...

Yes, I think Obama has done a great job, or the best job he could have done with the republicans in office fighting him each step he took

Like this. Obama has been a disaster. And in case you didn't know, that's what opposition parties do. Not that the GOP has been very effective, even with Americans giving them more and more clout every year starting in 2010. Remember that? America has been giving the RNC more and more ability to obstruct Obama and the DNC?

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

polls are NOT even, the money has NOT been spent yet, you have no idea how advertising works, its ok, I don't expect you to know, I just know bc I worked in it for a long time.

Most of that money will be spent when they start campaigning, which is very soon, and please do not tell me Donald Trump does not have money. If polls are even now (not that polls even matter), and Hillary has 10X more money to spend on advertising, then she is probably going to lead in the "polls".

However, I am very upset that money matters so much. With that said, I will be voting for HIllary of course, I want a third Obama term, or whatever you guys are calling it now.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   

that eerily makes sense

How?

He knows nothing about foreign policy, has badmouthed NATO, should I continue.

Please do. It lets me point out things like Obama/Clinton's fiasco of foreign policy (Ukraine, Middle East - especially Egypt and Iran, Russian overcharge, UK bumbling). Hey remember when Obama said we should let the UN deal with Russia invading Georgia? Good times.

Trump will crucify himself in this general election, along with much of the Republican down ticket.

We shall see. Numbers right now are saying the opposite. Clinton has been outspending Trump 10:1 if not more, and the polls are even.

Last poll I read, Hill got a 6 point bump, haven't looked at it, just a headline. No one is asking to Trump to campaign for them, should tell you something. Another headline, billionaire doners are begging the Kochsuckers to back Trump. I honestly think the general is going to be a landslide for the Democrats, all the way down the line, which is unfortunate, I want to see more ideas on the table.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join