It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real reason for Area 51

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Living here (Marietta, GA) about three miles from the main gates of Lockheed, and being an electrical (Communications)engineer, I have met a Lockheed employee who claimed to have worked at A51. He knows of my long association with DIA and has some idea of what I did there. I have no reason to doubt him, as I know he is currently employed on a classified project, and he is not the personality type to spend more than 5 seconds of his life looking into UFOs, aliens or reading anything on ATS. When I asked him about the alien hardware rumors, he just shook his head. "Nothing out there was designed or built by anything other than human ingenuity," he said. "You know all the speculative stuff you see on the Discovery channel... we're fifty years ahead of that".

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrisamatic
no base would have so much security just for testing new aircraft. open your minds and see the truth. they are either experimenting with new technology (probably dangerous) or experimenting with things that don't exist on this world.

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet but...
Area 51 has security devices hidden even outside of the base's limits on public grounds. These security devices are things like hidden listening equipment disguised as rocks and so forth. I honestly don't know how other military bases handle their security but this seems VERY strange to say the least...

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Friends and family of people who works there should know something...haven't anyone asked them???

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by JBurns

i think it is the aea which is related to the fist mission on moon by nil armstrong i think there is sm secret behind which is hidden by govenment

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Physh1

your a dip#

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I think that Area 51 is just a top secret facility where the government can test secret aircrafts without the public finding out because the news will eventually spread to the other countries.

There is also a slight chance that IF a UFO did crash in Roswell that the government is also trying to reverse engineer it so they can also use UFOs in their 'war against terrorism'. I do not think that they keep aliens there and interrogate them about what the Universe looks like, that's just insane.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
It is my own humble opinion that Area 51 is not the 'Secret' Facility that it used to be. I feel that the USG is just using the facility to distract the attention of researchers and people from the facilities that the real research and testing on going at other facilities. This keeps the people who are trying to get to the truth from actually getting to the truth. And they use disinformation agents like Bob Lazar to do it, too.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I think we have to look at the facts...How many gov't places have signs posted that say they will shoot you if you set a toe on their land and how many don't have fences around their place because they are so confident in their security measures? And how many shuttle their people in and out in blacked out buses and aircraft so no one can see.

[edit on 21-2-2009 by starline]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Oh, and how come we never see any people milling around on the base when you look at A-51 on Google earth?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I think Area 51 is, well it is in fact a remote area, away from civilization. What do they do? They test technology they don't want to be seen I guess, but there's more than that. They bring anything that could cause a panic or an uproar there and examine it. I don't know though I mean, we'll never know. Last thing they want is us tax-paying citizens to know what's happening in our own country.

Originally posted by Wally Conley
It is my own humble opinion that Area 51 is not the 'Secret' Facility that it used to be. I feel that the USG is just using the facility to distract the attention of researchers and people from the facilities that the real research and testing on going at other facilities. This keeps the people who are trying to get to the truth from actually getting to the truth. And they use disinformation agents like Bob Lazar to do it, too.

This is an excellent post. They are constantly attempting(and succeeding), to distract us with media, with other peoples lives(Paris Hilton), why wouldn't they use a mass reverse-psychological move by using Area 51 as a big dummie?

[edit on 23-2-2009 by Paramecium302]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Do a search on the history of expiremental aircraft. Engineers back in the 30's and 40's have been attempting to make "flying saucers". Why? Simple, its the most aerodynamic design that you can have for multi-directional flight.

Yeah but explain the crash at roswell then....

Sure, it was one of there test flights.

How come they kept it so secret?

Geee lets see... National Security!!!

We the people have the right to know!

No you don't, get a clue.

Again, why so secretive?

Because if we did not keep things "secret" in this country then right now we would be flying the USSR flag above our houses, or the Chinese Flag, or something other then the American flag!! If other countries know what we do, how we do it, when we do it, why we do it, then they can infiltrate and take over our way of life.

Think about the repercussions of such an event. There would be no more ATS, no more freedoms of speech, religion, and other freedoms that we enjoy. These "secrets" protect who we are as a country, a nation, and a society.

So there are aliens!!!

More then likely, yes, just not in a jar in Groom Lake, or any other facility. There is a distinct chance (in our galaxy alone) of another 318 intelligent species. Even assuming that one of these 318 species had the capabiltiy of interstellar travel, what would make them want to come to our planet, and do some research on just how long that would take!! Now that covers just our galaxy, what about other galaxies? The closest star to us is 4.37 light years away and MAY have possible habitable planets. But considering the natural phenomenon that tend to wipe out entire species, the age of the universe itself, and other factors... the chance of it being inhabited by a space faring race capable of FTL travel is remote to say the least.

Back to the point.

I know your next question will be...

Well then how do we get all the advanced technology that we currently have and that is being tested in secret facilities like this?

Well, we are smart. I would certainly hope that humans could be above sticks and clubs. Kinda what seperates us from primates....

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bushi
Do a search on the history of expiremental aircraft. Engineers back in the 30's and 40's have been attempting to make "flying saucers". Why? Simple, its the most aerodynamic design that you can have for multi-directional flight.

Yeah but explain the crash at roswell then....

Sure, it was one of there test flights.

You have insider knowledge or just speculating like the rest of us? I have heard theories ranging from 1)they were zeta reticuleans 2)humans from the future/past time-travelling 3)the american government was test flying a new prototype and it crashed.

Surely all of these theories CAN'T be true at the SAME TIME......

How come they kept it so secret?

Geee lets see... National Security!!!

Yeah, anything of importance always gets the "national security" exemption... The only thing is that 99% of the population doesn't really understand what constitutes national security, including members of congress. And the black budget, which is funded by american tax payers is way out of control. Didn't our ex secretary of defense, mr. rumsfeld state one day prior to the 9-11 attacks that 2.3 trillion dollars of the pentagon budget was unaccounted for? And are you aware that the pentagon wing which housed all these documents was suspiciously hit the next day?

We the people have the right to know!

No you don't, get a clue.

Again, why so secretive?

Because if we did not keep things "secret" in this country then right now we would be flying the USSR flag above our houses, or the Chinese Flag, or something other then the American flag!! If other countries know what we do, how we do it, when we do it, why we do it, then they can infiltrate and take over our way of life.

Protecting america from foreign attack is one thing, but using "national security" as a one-size fits all protection container to defraud and confuse the sheep is quite another thing....

And to take it a step further don't you think the chineese and russians could be using the same lame methods to cover up anything they wish, ranging from political corruption to reverse enginered craft to knowledge of some 2012 disaster?

You get a clue!

Think about the repercussions of such an event. There would be no more ATS, no more freedoms of speech, religion, and other freedoms that we enjoy. These "secrets" protect who we are as a country, a nation, and a society.

BS! America is turning into a fascist country as we speak and it has nothing to do with russians or chineese invading us. We have been hijacked from within by people who don't have our best interest in mind.

Governments are bought and sold by corporations and secret societies throughout the world. The politicians are merely puppets in a puppet show aimed at confusing the issues and profitering from the resulting mess.

So there are aliens!!!

More then likely, yes, just not in a jar in Groom Lake, or any other facility. There is a distinct chance (in our galaxy alone) of another 318 intelligent species. Even assuming that one of these 318 species had the capabiltiy of interstellar travel, what would make them want to come to our planet, and do some research on just how long that would take!! Now that covers just our galaxy, what about other galaxies? The closest star to us is 4.37 light years away and MAY have possible habitable planets. But considering the natural phenomenon that tend to wipe out entire species, the age of the universe itself, and other factors... the chance of it being inhabited by a space faring race capable of FTL travel is remote to say the least.

Thats assuming they travel at the speed of light and don't use wormholes, anti-matter drives or any other form of exotic technology. Thats also assuming every single ufo witnessed by humans is mistakenly recognized as extra-terrestial and that all of the alien species discussed at great length by many people do not exist. Basically, it discounts a ton of evidence......

Back to the point.

I know your next question will be...

Well then how do we get all the advanced technology that we currently have and that is being tested in secret facilities like this?

Well, we are smart. I would certainly hope that humans could be above sticks and clubs. Kinda what seperates us from primates....

Again your making more baseless assumptions just because you think some things are way too far fetched to be believable. What we think is true and what really is true can be totally different!

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jagskotpalme
Friends and family of people who works there should know something...haven't anyone asked them???

There are probably anywhere from 1200 to 1800 employees of various contractors at the base working under various shift schedules, etc. and from what we hear, most of the programs are highly compartmentalized even within each contractor.
I tend to believe that almost everything in those programs are mundane and rather boring, defense-related programs, such as newer generations of stealth technologies, newer generations of remotely-controlled platforms such as UAVs, UCAVs, advanced radar cross section tests, etc. etc.
Each employee's job-related info will most likely be so boring to an average layman will be meaningless even to ask.
Despite all this, a segment of the population continues to harbor conspiratorially oriented ideas about Area 51.
A good example is this rather funny and almost hysterical ad-lib interview that took place in 1998 at a public hearing in Las Vegas concerning the Air Force's aquisition request for additional 4000 acres of buffer zone at Area 51.
The interviewer is a well-known conspiracy monger.
What I admire in this unexpected footage of the interview is the range commander's patience while being bombarded by some utterly ridiculous-sounding questions posed by this interviewer. One legitimate issue, however, that the interviewer did bring was the issue of compensation in regards to the illnesses contracted by some workers at the base. All other issues were quite ridiculous-sounding. Nevertheless,the commander who never expected such an "interview" kept his cool and answered them exactly as he was trained to answer.
Here is the rare, unexpected interview which was held extemporaneously during a break time between some speakers who addressed the hearing.
My highest respect goes to this commander.
Here is the interview:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Possible Cloning facilities underground?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
That place is so polluted from all the nuclear bombs set off there they had to make it seem like they use the place to cover up the fact they can't close it for thousands of years.

The Government can not run anything efficiently. Matter of fact the big thing now is they are studying why all Federal Organizations fail.

The bottom people know their jobs and do it. The organizations fail because the Federal Bureaucracy puts some bone head college graduate in charge that just got out of college and bought his first car...and now is in charge of the organization.

I don't see why any of you think our Government can accomplish anything. If it wasn't for the Indian man named Noshir Gowadia we wouldn't even have the B-2 bomber. He screwed us and gave the blueprints to China.

How many other foreign people you think they brought in to make our National Security items....which likely did the same thing as Noshir?

We ain't got squat there to show for the Trillions we've blown in R&D.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
There are lots of rumors about Area 51. I heard there are different levels, and in each one they are testing different stuff. Not exactly sure what they are testing there.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
The National Classified Test Facility at Groom Lake (Area 51), Nevada, is operated by Detachment 3, Air Force Flight Test Center. DET 3, AFFTC, is a wing-size organization with more than 500 military and around 50 civilian DoD personnel, as well as upwards of 1,400 civilian contractors. The wing commander reports directly to the AFFTC commander at Edwards Air Force Base, California. DET 3 is the responsible test organization for dozens of classified test programs including high-priority, presidentially directed classified projects. The largest ongoing project involves testing foreign military aircraft types.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Velvet1717

The association with aliens I think comes from an interview given some years ago by Robert Lazar. That and some pretty wild video taken in the 1990s from Freedom Ridge that shows aircraft behaving in very un-jet like fashion (right angle turns at speed, abrupt starts and stops). That sort of thing gets people to thinking...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Kellyct1987

It gets me thinking. That the U.S. Goverment has Human made machines that are more advanced then they let on. Of course no Goverment will be a hundred percent with you. Hell you will be lucky if you scratch the surface and get five percent truth. Even then its a blured truth.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join