It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An honest breakdown of Trumps Pros and Cons....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Actually, none of it matters at this point.
Barring an "accident" or heart attack, Clinton has won the general election.

Here's the deal........the voters don't elect POTUS, the Electoral College elects POTUS.

Check Real Clear Politics: www.realclearpolitics.com...
On that page look to the right and see the polling results for the battleground states.

Then go to: www.270towin.com...
Turn the battleground states leaning Clinton blue and the battleground states leaning Trump and voila!
Clinton, WITHOUT FLORIDA , Clinton gets 323 Electoral College votes, Trump gets 215. 270 is all that's needed to win.

Sorry to throw a wet blanket over this election, but................its over.

The latest polls have trump up....but those were national polls SOO... Maybe.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Actually, none of it matters at this point.
Barring an "accident" or heart attack, Clinton has won the general election.

Here's the deal........the voters don't elect POTUS, the Electoral College elects POTUS.

Check Real Clear Politics: www.realclearpolitics.com...
On that page look to the right and see the polling results for the battleground states.

Then go to: www.270towin.com...
Turn the battleground states leaning Clinton blue and the battleground states leaning Trump and voila!
Clinton, WITHOUT FLORIDA , Clinton gets 323 Electoral College votes, Trump gets 215. 270 is all that's needed to win.

Sorry to throw a wet blanket over this election, but................its over.

Really sucks since it is a return to gridlock.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
hmm
edit on 29-7-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

I think if they hacked the RNC data base it would probably help Trump.

I can only imagine what was said and done trying to keep him from the nomination.

IMHO.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I hope you re not just now coming to that realization

Check Real Clear Politics: www.realclearpolitics.com... On that page look to the right and see the polling results for the battleground states.

Definitely not a neutral website.Heavy Clinton,

Why do that ? Isnt that a bit of projection of unknowns based on your beliefs of what will happen ?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

But they didn't hack the RNC, and we gotta assume they could could have.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Hmmmm, my guess is that the "national" polls are pretty meaningless.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Yea, it does, suck in a way, but really, when we didn't have gridlock, we got..........Obamacare.

With the Dems in full control of the POTUS spot, and probably the Courts, gridlock is probably the best we can hope for.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Why do that ? Isnt that a bit of projection of unknowns based on your beliefs of what will happen ?

Its a projection of "probabilities" based upon state by state polling vs. "nationwide" polls.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

You lost me when you said he can't be bought.

Deny ignorance.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: TonyS

I hope you re not just now coming to that realization

Check Real Clear Politics: www.realclearpolitics.com... On that page look to the right and see the polling results for the battleground states.

Definitely not a neutral website.Heavy Clinton,

It is definately a valid form of analysis. It's still early though and the polls don't reflect this email dump nor (assuming it is true) has all the emails come out. So I don't think it is quite in the bag yet.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

You lost me when you said he can't be bought.

Deny ignorance.

Actually it is saying he is his own mastermind, for good or evil.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
You make too many assumptions on the pro side for this to be considered honest... or even well thought out.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Master mind? Jesus. Trump wants to be president to make Trump great again and fill his bank account.

It's always about the money Lebowski.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

I agree with most but ,

2) the Russian connection.... I personally believe our veiw of Russia has been screwed up by Cold War propaganda. Regan and others created a straw man villian to scare people into voting for them. So republicans have beaten that dead horse since. Maybe this isnt all bad, but a politican so close to a nation we consider (right or wrong) an enemy is nuts.

The Russians under Putin are trying to reinstate the Cold War

C) the DNC hack was done by russia AND they released the info, which is unheard of. Normally if you spy you keep the data to yourself.

The hacks were done by a Romanian , not the Russian government

According to the FBI it was done by a high tech group from Russia, not some random guy in a basement.

I've seen this on both left and right media. The only real questions are,

1) was trump knowingly involved?

2) why did they choose to leak them?

1) Hopefully he was.
2) If the Russian government was involved , they would only release them at the precise time.Perhaps Putin cant stand Hillary either.

That's half the point is they chose to release them at exactly when it is best for trump.

According to wiki leaks the worst are set to be released soon....as soon as she officially has the nomination and it will be a disaster to Unnominate her.

An on paper enemy rigging our political system isn't good, no matter your party.

correct me if i`m wrong but i seem to remember that it was the DNC that was caught doing the rigging.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

a reply to: stosh64

But they didn't hack the RNC, and we gotta assume they could could have.

then we gotta assume that they could have (and probably did) hacked clintons home servers too.
If we assume that they didn`t and we are wrong that could be disastrous for the country if she is elected.The amount of blackmail material recovered from her servers would ensure that she would owned by a foreign country.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

4) he has personally taken advantage of every bad trade deal he is claiming to want to fix. No trump merchandise is made here.

As a businessman, you have an obligation to take every legal advantage to maximize the profits for your investors and workers.

The reason he's so adamant about wanting to fix that is he's intimately familiar with how to take advantage of it and what counterproductive behavior it drives. You do one thing as a business owner and something very different as an elected official, if you're honest.

I'm sure you've heard the expression, "Don't hate the player, hate the game"? He wants to change the game, if you believe him.

Bottom line, I don't see that point as a negative.
edit on 7/29/2016 by yeahright because: Typo

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The most positive thing I can think of from a Trump presidency is that Democrats will once again be able to say that they are against war and torture.

They won't mean it, of course, but they will be able to say it's someone else's fault and there is nothing they can do about it.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

The reason he's so adamant about wanting to fix that is he's intimately familiar with how to take advantage of it and what counterproductive behavior it drives. You do one thing as a business owner and something very different as an elected official, if you're honest.

Absolutely. Businesses also want stability and predictability. It's pretty difficult to forecast when government regulators are out of control.
edit on 29-7-2016 by bbarkow because: add some stuff

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright

4) he has personally taken advantage of every bad trade deal he is claiming to want to fix. No trump merchandise is made here.

As a businessman, you have an obligation to take every legal advantage to maximize the profits for your investors and workers.

I'm sure you've heard the expression, "Don't hate the player, hate the game"? He wants to change the game, if you believe him.

Bottom line, I don't see that point as a negative.

Investors yes, workers no....or wages would be tied and/or scale with profit margins and they do not.

It is actually in a businesses best intrest (short term) to pay as little in labor as possible, which is exactly what most do.

I'm with you that businesses who would prefer not to operate that way are forced to so they can remain competitive, but it doesn't change the fact worker wages are something ALL businesses try to keep as low as possible....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join