It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I Hate Obama in 19 Seconds

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: reldra

Another amazing contribution to a thread by you.

Why don't you show us why he never said this, when we can see him clearly saying those words? It does not seem to be edited in any way.

As someone who had lived during communism, I can say you guys are heading straight down the communism path.

It's true bro. That Clip was taken out of context. Read the speech and you'll see that he was saying the opposite.

That's why edited clips are so dangerous both you and Metallicus fell for it hook, line and sinker. We must think before we act and not be sheep.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: thenightisours

Your FBI director questioned her integrity and negligence.

What does that have to do with the HACK JOB video in the OP? You seem to believe it's true. You seem to be willing to believe a lie, as long as you don't like the person being lied about.

This thread isn't about Hillary!

This 19 second video of Obama pretty much sums up why I hate this man as a President. Obama, Hillary, Bush all of them are in on this conspiracy against the people. He is the antithesis of individual liberty and freedom.

Ok, my mistake I guess. But you seem to believe all the lies you have been fed. It is time for CHANGE. If you like what you see, keep it. If you are like millions of others that are not happy where we are as a nation, then there is a choice....it is what it is, like it or not. Peace

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

But you seem to believe all the lies you have been fed.

When did this become about me?

This thread is entitled Why I Hate Obama in 19 Seconds. The "WHY" is a lie! FACT!

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Jesus... you wanna know why you shouldn't trust a 19 second clip from YouTube? Because it's always either taken out of context or highly editied. If you just bothered to research this speech you would have saved yourself from making this thread.

www.whitehouse.gov...

Throughout human history, societies have grappled with fundamental questions of how to organize themselves, the proper relationship between the individual and the state, the best means to resolve inevitable conflicts between states. And it was here in Europe, through centuries of struggle -- through war and Enlightenment, repression and revolution -- that a particular set of ideals began to emerge: The belief that through conscience and free will, each of us has the right to live as we choose. The belief that power is derived from the consent of the governed, and that laws and institutions should be established to protect that understanding. And those ideas eventually inspired a band of colonialists across an ocean, and they wrote them into the founding documents that still guide America today, including the simple truth that all men -- and women -- are created equal.

But those ideals have also been tested -- here in Europe and around the world. Those ideals have often been threatened by an older, more traditional view of power. This alternative vision argues that ordinary men and women are too small-minded to govern their own affairs, that order and progress can only come when individuals surrender their rights to an all-powerful sovereign. Often, this alternative vision roots itself in the notion that by virtue of race or faith or ethnicity, some are inherently superior to others, and that individual identity must be defined by “us” versus “them,” or that national greatness must flow not by what a people stand for, but by what they are against.

Deny ignorance more, please.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

But you seem to believe all the lies you have been fed.

When did this become about me?

This thread is entitled Why I Hate Obama in 19 Seconds. The "WHY" is a lie! FACT!

Look, I have no problem with you. I respect that you are defending your principles. We may disagree, but in the end, it is all about PEACE. Enjoy the weekend Bro.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

You and I usually see down the barrel of the same gun but this one was a little crooked.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
why I hate this man as a President.

Let us see,
It is not because he is male...
It is not because of a edited video...
It is not because he is a Democrat...

Let us have a look at pictures of all Presidents....

Oh.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
www.politifact.com...

Seriously? Before spouting off, at least do a little fact checking...

Full text and you can read where two completely different phrases are taken completely out of context and edited together.

Here’s the actual context of Obama’s comments:

Leaders and dignitaries of the European Union; representatives of our NATO Alliance; distinguished guests: We meet here at a moment of testing for Europe and the United States, and for the international order that we have worked for generations to build.

[...]

But those ideals have also been tested -- here in Europe and around the world. Those ideals have often been threatened by an older, more traditional view of power. This alternative vision argues that
ordinary men and women are too small-minded to govern their own affairs, that order and progress can only come when individuals surrender their rights to an all-powerful sovereign.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Mod Note:

We have had quite a number of complaints on this thread, so...

For those who have called for this thread to be moved out of the Mud Pit, the staff consensus is that it remain here as an example of good critical thinking and a message to all members that taking comments out of context can have issues.

Thanks for proving that once again, little gets by you.

Please do not reply to this post

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

It would suit my confirmation bias very well if he did indeed say those words in that context, but alas, he did not.

I share your zeal mate, but you gotta do your due diligence when sh!t like this comes around on YouTube because that old saying of if it's too good of a deal it's because it's likely a scam is more prevalent than those rare moments of truth.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   

It was very easy for me to believe that Obama said these things because he is a Globalist / Authoritarian a-hole, however, in this instance I allowed my disgust for this President to get the better of me.

For that I apologize to the community.

edit on 2016/7/30 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I would ask for it to be deleted then.
Or put it in the lol or joke forum.
edit on 30-7-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: mymymy
So there you have it ATS, you can lie all you want about Obama, maybe even Democrats in general, it's all good. Rather than show a thread to be BS and at least move it to the LOL forum, we'll keep it right here and somehow send "a message"

I suppose the message it sends is "Obama haters are free to post lies and made up crap here, and you get to keep your stars and flags!

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   
So the floodgates opened....
edit on 30-7-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: Metallicusin this instance I allowed my disgust for this President to get the better of me.

For that I apologize to the community.

Good stuff, a lesser person would have let pride get in the way but I knew you'd come on and make such a post, and for that you will continue to have my respect because you're the real deal my friend.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   
No one even talks about republicans. Most of the threads are all about Hillary and democrats. I don't even know what the republicans have planned for the wars or the country.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Why I hate desperate threads against the left that pop up every 7 minutes...because it is ridiculous.

To a liberal the word "ridiculous" = Truth

Up is down
Facts are whatever you desire them to be.
Etc.., etc.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: mymymy
So there you have it ATS, you can lie all you want about Obama, maybe even Democrats in general, it's all good. Rather than show a thread to be BS and at least move it to the LOL forum, we'll keep it right here and somehow send "a message"

I suppose the message it sends is "Obama haters are free to post lies and made up crap here, and you get to keep your stars and flags!

They know that a good chunk of their traffic is the InfoWars and Alex Jones crowd that believe that lizard people are controlling the US Govt

So it's not hard to see why they would fall for a video like that.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

That is sad. Really, that is the republican mental state this year?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join