It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I Hate Obama in 19 Seconds

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Context, context.

Heres the speech.

Text

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I didn't think you actually bought it Ketsuko!

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Orionx2
a reply to: 727Sky
Where is the full video? Or should we all just take a random clip at face value every time some on posts it? Just FYI I am not democrat nor particularly like Obama.

First, people are not going to watch a long video and second this is the part that sums up exactly what kind of authoritarian bastard Obama is and why I hate him as President.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: ugmold

The important thing is we get a ton of value and solutions from Hillary and her followers...oh wait we don't, they actually too busy insulting Trump and his supporters.

Watch Trumps press conference that he held a couple of days ago. It's an hour long.
Yes, press conference. I know you are not used to your politicians having those, but it is true. Some people don't have anything to hide.

I guess I was talking about Posts on ATS, not outside the Forum.
Che Guevara was not on the Right, and about as far away as possible from todays GOP.
edit on 29-7-2016 by ugmold because: addition

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Shame on you Metallicus and this needs to go to LOL. You should get your flags taken.

Even before you saw the transcript, you are not dumb. You should have known better.
edit on 29-7-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Just 19 seconds ? It would take a book the size of War and Peace...

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
It is the logical extension of the idea the progressive left have of "you can't do it alone" and "we must all do it together." In a collective, there is no room for individuality at any level, including privacy. All your bases are belong to us.

If the collective is the key, then there is no longer any "you" and you better learn to like it.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I don't like Obama but this video is a butcher job lie.

Sorry.

Here is the full transcript in context.

But those ideals have also been tested -- here in Europe and around the world. Those ideals have often been threatened by an older, more traditional view of power. This alternative vision argues that ordinary men and women are too small-minded to govern their own affairs, that order and progress can only come when individuals surrender their rights to an all-powerful sovereign. Often, this alternative vision roots itself in the notion that by virtue of race or faith or ethnicity, some are inherently superior to others, and that individual identity must be defined by “us” versus “them,” or that national greatness must flow not by what a people stand for, but by what they are against.

link

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

He never said this.

This is what he actually said:

Now is not the time for bluster. The situation in Ukraine, like crises in many parts of the world, does not have easy answers nor a military solution. But at this moment, we must meet the challenge to our ideals -- to our very international order -- with strength and conviction. And it is you, the young people of Europe, young people like Laura, who will help decide which way the currents of our history will flow. Do not think for a moment that your own freedom, your own prosperity, that your own moral imagination is bound by the limits of your community, your ethnicity, or even your country. You’re bigger than that. You can help us to choose a better history. That’s what Europe tells us. That’s what the American experience is all about.

And those ideas eventually inspired a band of colonialists across an ocean, and they wrote them into the founding documents that still guide America today, including the simple truth that all men -- and women -- are created equal. But those ideals have also been tested -- here in Europe and around the world.

Those ideals have often been threatened by an older, more traditional view of power. This alternative vision argues that ordinary men and women are too small-minded to govern their own affairs, that order and progress can only come when individuals surrender their rights to an all-powerful sovereign. Often, this alternative vision roots itself in the notion that by virtue of race or faith or ethnicity, some are inherently superior to others, and that individual identity must be defined by “us” versus “them,” or that national greatness must flow not by what a people stand for, but by what they are against.
www.whitehouse.gov...

What a hack job!

ETA: This thread needs to be moved to the LOL forum!

edit on 29-7-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Thanks for the old memories
Zero Wing. Hmm..."Left Wing" ?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Even before the transcript, who would have logically thought he said that in that context? Who out of any of the actiuve people here?

NONE. That is the answer. Metallicus wouldn;t either and wasted people;s time.

Also, sadly, 11 people thought to give flags.

I have seen some bad and poorly sourced posts that get flags, but this has got to be the worst one.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Speech excerpts:

And it was here in Europe, through centuries of struggle -- through war and Enlightenment, repression and revolution -- that a particular set of ideals began to emerge: The belief that through conscience and free will, each of us has the right to live as we choose. The belief that power is derived from the consent of the governed, and that laws and institutions should be established to protect that understanding. And those ideas eventually inspired a band of colonialists across an ocean, and they wrote them into the founding documents that still guide America today, including the simple truth that all men -- and women -- are created equal.

Get out of the morass of Europe, endless demagoguery, King and Pope hand in hand, Plague, endless war... so far so good.

It is in response to this tragic history that, in the aftermath of World War II, America joined with Europe to reject the darker forces of the past and build a new architecture of peace. Workers and engineers gave life to the Marshall Plan. Sentinels stood vigilant in a NATO Alliance that would become the strongest the world has ever known.

Replacing one Union with another, replacing one military occupation of Europe by the Nazis and the Soviets wth another. The European Union where some are more equal than others, the sovereignty of individual nations reduced to allegiance to one authority again, one hegemony, one coin, one army.

Wheres national sovereignty, independence, "peace"? Its being wiped away and replaced with another military juggernaut (NATO), pushing the same envelope in Europe the Nazis did, pushing with military might, ever eastward toward the same old conflict with the Russians.

Napoleon, Hitler, Every hundred years or so the west goes insane and attacks Russia. What is up with that?
edit on 29-7-2016 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

He is just saying NATO is good there. If you find fault with the details, fine. make a thread. But LOOK at the OP. If I were you I wouldnt want to be associated with backing this OP in any way, shape or form.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Political mud pit doesn't mean 'post doctored videos'.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
When did ATS just allow hoax lies like this? Im starting to think the " russia bought pro trump internet trolls " is real.
edit on 29-7-2016 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
13 flags? Who are these 13 people who think this is good? Please post and say why.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

13 flags? Who are these 13 people who think this is good? Please post and say why.

The same 13 people who flag EVERY SINGLE pro trump or anti hillary/obama thread

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32
When did ATS just allow hoax lies like this? Im starting to think the " russia bought internet trolls pro trump" is real.

You're right.
Political mudpit has less rules but I didn;t think NO rules.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

The same 13 people who flag EVERY SINGLE pro trump or anti hillary/obama thread

Lol, ya. I was hoiping one of themn would explain why this time haha. I ask too much.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Id love to know what the OP or any pro trump person would say if we just intentionally spliced a video for 19 seconds of Trump.

But we dont have to. In fact, we just say watch all of Trump. He does enough on his own.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join