It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scariest thing said to me

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

First, let me tell you that we often frequent the same threads and each time I see your name, I have to gleefully sound it quietly in my head, because I love the way it sounds. It's fun to say. I just never had the opportunity to tell you.

As for your post, that was very kind of you. It happened a long time ago, even though it feels like yesterday.

I think that to the extent that one is able to endure pain to the depth of one's being...to that extent...one is also able to experience joy to the heights of the unimaginable. I was only able to hold him for a few minutes, but in those minutes we both experienced a life time's worth of love. It was the most painful and yet, the most beautiful moment of my life.

Fishy

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: imod02

Mechanic: The Tranny in your Jeep is shot!

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Starbuck799
a reply to: imod02

Mechanic: The Tranny in your Jeep is shot!

That is scary on so many levels

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
When I was 9 we were visiting family in another state. I was playing with my cousins on a really cool swinging bridge over a creek. We were running from one end to the other making it bounce.

I had my head turned watching the bridge behind me, when I reached the end there was a man just standing there. I stopped short, almost bumped into him, he didn't look too friendly.

At that moment my cousins started screaming at the top of their lungs. Everyone was scrambling off the bridge, my older cousin yelled at me to run, she said, "it's uncle Jim, if he catches you he'll try to look at your panties" and OMG there he was right in front of me.

He was so drunk, swaying/cussing, I could've pushed him over but I wasn't taking any chances. I ran like hell over to my cousins, we waited under the bridge for him to stagger off.

I witnessed something scary directed at someone else. A utility worker came to inspect the telephone pole our giant german shepherd had gnawed in half. A bunch of us kids were hanging around, my mom had to let the dog out of his pen, that's where the pole was.

She assured him the dog wouldn't bite but just as she was about to let the dog out my brother yells, "everyone up a tree" we all quickly climbed trees.

I'll never forget the look on that guys face. He wanted to climb one too, the dog was massive. It's because he was too friendly, especially with kids, he'd knock us down/lick us in the face, go crazy but he was completely harmless.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Ah well, I'm going to talk about death, nothing is as scary as death.
Myself and a couple of friends were having a lunch break when a work colleague came up to us. Let me say that the firm I worked for at the time employed a few disabled people and this man, every year or so used to get violent episodes, and he would go and have electro-shock treatment and he would appear a couple of weeks later completely calm and sane.
Well we were sitting having lunch when he walking in and calmly said "I could kill you lot and get away with it as I've got a paper that says I'm insane".
Having said that he calmly walked away. We watched him very, very closely from then on.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
This will not hurt a bit - a dentist

it did

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Your post reminds me of a "friend" of mine. He used to give me neck rubs when life got too tense, and he would often stop the cadence while he paused to think of this thought or that one, but one day he paused and I felt a chill go down my spine. I felt afraid. I said something funny to distract whatever thought he was having.

Weeks later, when it felt "safe" to bring it up, I asked what it was he had been thinking of that moment when he paused, and he replied, "Oh, I was thinking of how easy it would be to snap your neck."

I never let him massage my neck again and put a few miles between us. We remain friends, but somehow not at the level we were prior to that statement, although an "honest" friend is a treasure. Still, there is that sentence, "With friends like that, who needs enemies?"

Glad you lived to post another day!

Fishy

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Oh my gosh! Slightly X rated....I heard what was a joke, I hope, about the guy who went to the dentist and just before the dentist said "Open wide" the guy gently grabbed onto one of the dentist's nuts and said, "Now, you and I are not going to hurt each other, right?"

Fishy

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

edit on 30-7-2016 by ClownFish because: Double post, sorry

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join