It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wait 'till you've been arrested!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Uh... The very first video. Before the police even got out of their cars, the man was laying down, hands clearly visible, posing the same threat that one would feel from a can of soup or a fridge freezer.

What the hell are you talking about exactly?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

I agree sending a dog like that was F*d up, but I responded to this

and and what do we do when we comply, lie on the ground, raise hands, answer questions politely.......and they still shoot you?

I still am waiting to see that video.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Uh... The very first video. Before the police even got out of their cars, the man was laying down, hands clearly visible, posing the same threat that one would feel from a can of soup or a fridge freezer.

What the hell are you talking about exactly?

Mind sending me an actual video of that?

Not something a youtube news site is talking about, I mean actual video of it.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Pray that they don't kill you.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   

If you gave a god damn whether you were sitting on the right side of the fence, you would find out for yourself, go looking with your eyes open, rather than sitting in your trench, happy with your unjustifiable bias on this matter.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   

If you gave a god damn whether you were sitting on the right side of the fence, you would find out for yourself, go looking with your eyes open, rather than sitting in your trench, happy with your unjustifiable bias on this matter.

That makes zero sense.

You said

Uh... The very first video

unfortunately the very first video contained nothing of the sort.

Want to try to be a rational person and link me the video of this guy laying there complying with his hands up and being shot?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Chicago Police Department under DOJ investigation for interrogation practices -- some that resulted in false confessions from teenagers

"Everything in that confession was fed to us, and myself and my co-defendants by the police," Terrill Swift tells Pitts. He signed a 21-page confession in 1994 admitting to a murder and rape of a 30-year-old prostitute that resulted in a 30-year sentence. "You are being cuffed up and beat on by the police...they can get you to do what they want you to do,'' says Robert Taylor, who would sign a confession in another case that resulted in being jailed for more than 19 years.

www.innocenceproject.org...

When the Innocent Plead Guilty
The 31 individuals listed below pled guilty to crimes they didn’t commit— usually seeking to avoid the potential for a long sentence (or a death sentence). They served a combined total of more than 150 years in prison before they were exonerated:
Phillip Bivens and Bobby Ray Dixon pled guilty to a 1979 Mississippi rape and murder they didn’t commit. After the two men were threatened with the death penalty, they testified against a third innocent defendant, Larry Ruffin , and received life sentences. DNA testing obtained by Innocence Project New Orleans led to the three men’s exonerations in 2010. Sadly, Dixon and Ruffin died before their names were cleared.

Plenty more where that came from.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Go and look it up, for yourself. There are plenty of videos out there, of people posing no threat, and being shot anyway, so you, do it for yourself, go and find a few.

Here are the moments leading right up to the moment the man in the video you refer to, was shot.

www.rt.com...

Just watch the video, ignore the reportage, save for the missives from the police department themselves. When you are done, go out into the big wide Internet, and do some research of your own.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Analytical thinking and common sense is not the job of the police.

Used to be though.

Shame.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Seriously?

I'm one of the most critical people when it comes to the police.

RT had a 15 second clip of the guy laying on the ground. In that clip he wasn't shot.

If you want to proclaim the police shoot people with their hands up while complying and being polite, back up your words, don't tell me to go look for it.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   

If a policeman came to me and told me I was under arrest, I would put him in his own handcuffs...

I would suggest you stock up on Pepto Bismol. If you try that, I think you will find asphalt a bit hard to digest.
I would also suggest a supply of aspirin for a headache.
Asphalt is hard also.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Even the Miami PD admit the officer shot him. Exactly what is it going to take for you to admit it?

wsvn.com...

www.washingtonpost.com...

www.cnn.com...

Police accidentally shot man in North Miami, union says

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: atrollstalker

Truebrit is from Britain, where the cops don't carry guns and the odds are even. I'll lay my money on him.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Ehh, I had a reply typed out but why bother.

Ignorance is rampant.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64
12 against 1 usually overcomes. And some officers are armed.
I still suggest the Pepto.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I can understand why someone might be upset if they are arrested and they believe they are innocent of the charge precipitating the arrest. Anyone would be pissed in that circumstance.

However, the time to debate with the cop is not on the side of the road. All you are doing is escalating a situation you cannot win. Just STFU and talk to your lawyer if it is even gets to that point. The last thing you want to do is get confrontational and cause an officer to believe his life may be in danger. Many of these guys are already on edge and the reality is that they don't know you so they make no assumptions about your intent. If you aren't being compliant, then all the officer can deduce is that you potentially mean harm to them. Most of these cops simply just want to get home to their families safe that night.

My Dad was cop. I'm black and raised in the south. He beat into my head that I was never to argue with police EVEN IF I WAS RIGHT. Trying to play Johnny Cochran on the side of the road with a cop is not a good idea. Just STFU, do what you are told and deal with it in a neutral environment.

I don't get why this is such a hard concept for some people to understand.
edit on 29-7-2016 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I really cannot stress enough how important it is - for Americans at least - to watch this video.

It's a lecture to law school students by a former defense attorney. He warns all of us that even if we're totally innocent, you are not smart enough or savvy enough to talk to the police without saying something they can use in a criminal case against you.

He's a pretty funny guy and keeps the presentation interesting.

It's 48 minutes but it goes fast once you start watching.

edit on 29-7-2016 by bbarkow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Your OP should come with a caveat - get an attorney before you answer any questions.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Some people think dealing with police officers is easy and things will go your way if you don't react all hostile. Truth is, if a cop thinks you commuted a crime..it's likely his opinion will not change. He will ask you questions, and then he will charge you/arrest you. I was once dragged out of my own car, put into handcuffs, and then questioned..before even knowing what for. I am currently in a legal battle over this and have a trial by jury later in the year. Whether you are innocent or not the best thing you really can do is don't answer any questions. Relax. Call your lawyer. Trust me, if you try to work things out yourself you could make the situation a lot worse. Remember, infront of a judge its ALLWAYS the Cops word over your own word. They will believe the cops story. NOT YOURS.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
[qoute]THAT'S the time to explain yourself. THAT'S the time to give your side of the story. THAT'S the time to plead your innocence[/qoute] I'm sorry but to me this sounds like you have no experience with law enforcement Now I could be wrong but you sound like you have a good idea but you dont. Once police officers get power it's crazy they use it and abuse it and if you don't believe that then you're blind my friend. Now don't get me wrong their are good police officers out there but I believe from my experience that there are a lot more power hungry officers out there then there are good ones now you can choose to believe what you want but I'm telling you from life experience and from what I've seen that these cops out here are crooked

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join