It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wait 'till you've been arrested!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   
If you're innocent, so what? If they've got the wrong guy, who cares? If they're mistaken about what they believe they caught you doing, big deal?
If the police 'think' that YOU are the one they're after, then they're going to arrest YOU.
Guess what happens then? EVERY time? That's right Einstein, They QUESTION you!!!!!

THAT'S the time to explain yourself. THAT'S the time to give your side of the story. THAT'S the time to plead your innocence.

If a police officer is tying to arrest you, or even trying to tell you to do something, there's a few things you can do so that they'll actually listen to you.
Don't yell at them, don't try and match their volume and out-shout them.
Don't reach into your pockets, like a d**khead, and don't point around at things and wave your arms about.
Stay in one spot. If they wanna see your hands, show them your hands.
If they tell you to do the same damn thing three times, then do it three fricken times.
Oh, and don't jump out of your car and walk toward them or run away, that's when they're absolutely justified in tackling you down as hard as they can.
STAY CALM

They're not imbeciles. They're not retarded, they're not drunk, they're not high. They just want to arrest you and ensure everyone is safe so they can start finding out what's going on. THAT'S THEIR JOB.
They'll ASK you things. EVERY TIME!!! That's what they do. Once you're in custody, they ask you things.

Guess what? Now's the time to explain things. No one's yelling at you. No one's excited. No one's in danger and there's no guns out.

What happens if they don't believe you or just don't want to listen? What do think happens? You just get taken to the station and you get to explain it to someone who WILL listen. And IF THE EVIDENCE IS CONSISTENT WITH YOUR STORY, you're free to go. EVERY TIME!!!

Now, you can't take the a**hole out of some people, I understand that. Some cops ARE just a**holes. But by and large, they're a fair and just organisation.
(Ha! The Manatowoc PD just came to mind when I typed that sentence)

I guess all I'm saying is, even if you're innocent, don't be a dumba** and try to plead your case at the top of your lungs while there's an officer with his gun out yelling commands at the top of his. That's what thick people do.

edit on 29 7 2016 by Breakthestreak because: missed a word out

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

The majority of people are calm and follow instructions, just because you've seen the 1% of videos online of people who don't comply doesn't reflect the majority.

I mean if you gonna act like a d*%ckhead to the cops, then get shot.. Natural selection at its finest

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   

and and what do we do when we comply, lie on the ground, raise hands, answer questions politely.......and they still shoot you?

What do we do then?

What
Do
We
Do
Then?

WHAT DO WE DO THEN?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Good advise , but sadly dumb has not been cured yet in some people .

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   

It is actually not the time to run your mouth. Not when you are in your car or when being held.

I agree, you should not make sudden moves or run out of your car. You are supposed to pull over (you can wait until you get to a lighted area). You should turn your car off and wait for the officer to ask for license and registration before ou go digging for them. Put your hands on the steering wheel.

Every other thing you said is WRONG. Even if innocent, it is not a fairy tale land. Talking without representation is stupid, if it has gone so far that you are being questioned in a police station.

What country do you live in?

edit on 29-7-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

There are many, many imbecilic and drunk police officers on the job, oddly.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

and and what do we do when we comply, lie on the ground, raise hands, answer questions politely.......and they still shoot you?

What do we do then?

What
Do
We
Do
Then?

WHAT DO WE DO THEN?

That is a good question. That is beyond the point I was answering. But that is a very good question.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   

What do we do then?

What
Do
We
Do
Then?

WHAT DO WE DO THEN?

I've literally never seen that video.

Care to share it?

link   

originally posted by: AMNicks

The majority of people are calm and follow instructions, just because you've seen the 1% of videos online of people who don't comply doesn't reflect the majority.

I mean if you gonna act like a d*%ckhead to the cops, then get shot.. Natural selection at its finest

'Acting like a d*khead' is noted nowhere in the law as reason for summary execution.

link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Just curious , do you have an answer ,

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

What do we do then?

What
Do
We
Do
Then?

WHAT DO WE DO THEN?

Care to share it?

I have it ready, you can put it up is you like, Sublime. he asked you.

There are a few. I was thinking of the most recent.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   
This thread is proof positive of incessant brain washing.

It appears some people need to be informed about the 5th Amendment,
which guarantees if you're being arrested you have the legal right to
remain silent and request legal representation before explaining
anything to a police officer.

If anyone fails to understand the prudence of this action, I suggest
reading the story of David McCallum who spent 29 years in prison after being
wrongfully convicted of murdering a man.

WHY?

Because he opened his mouth without legal representation.

Kind of sad so many people don't know their rights.
edit on 7/29/2016 by MrBlaq because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

What do we do then?

What
Do
We
Do
Then?

WHAT DO WE DO THEN?

Care to share it?

about 2:30

Gilbert Flores- shot 9 times

K-9 rips apart man with hands up

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrBlaq
This thread is proof positive of incessant brain washing.

It appears some people need to be informed about the 5th Amendment,
which guarantees if you're being arrested you have the legal right to
remain silent and request legal representation before explaining
anything to a police officer.

If anyone fails to understand the prudence of this action, I suggest
reading the story of David McCallum who spent 29 years in prison after being
wrongfully convicted of murdering a man.

WHY?

Because he opened his mouth without legal representation.

Kind of sad so many people don't know their rights.

Absolutely. You are correct.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   

If you have done no wrong, and are arrested, whether convicted or not, that arrest still ends up on your record. Most people cannot afford that, their jobs rely on having totally impeccable records.

And why should an innocent party accept even a slight and temporary removal of their liberty, unless they are guilty of a crime? The answer, they should not. If a policeman came to me and told me I was under arrest, I would put him in his own handcuffs, and then force him to explain himself, not pussyfoot around. You see, the law supports your version of events, but I respect only JUSTICE. Justice insists that the innocent are never inconvenienced by the police, or by any aspect of the law enforcement infrastructure. Justice is superior to law, and it is therefore immoral to follow the law rather than to do what justice dictates is righteous.

Cram that in your conformist pipe, and light it, assuming you are in a state where it is legal of course.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I'm sorry, but you OBVIOUSLY did not do any looking into any of the videos you posted.

In none of those videos did the person comply.

I can't have a conversation with you at all to be honest, you believe so much bull# it's not even funny.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   

In the UK they arrest you before if they think you have committed a crime before they question you and also take your dna and you then have that on your DBS check even if you are released later. There is no presumed innocent etc that all went out of the window.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   

edit on 29-7-2016 by Shamrock6 because: Why bother

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Let's use just the third video as an example.

The man didn't stand up when told to by the police officer. His hands were visible and he wasn't talking. Not standing up is justified cause to send a dog in to bite a human being in the face? No. It isn't.

Despite the fact that we have no idea what this man was being arrested for, police officers are employed to keep the peace, make arrests, etc. NOT to inflict justice via canine and firearm when citizens simply don't comply with requests like, "Stand up slowly."

Why was this barrage of police officers so terrified to go in and apprehend the man?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra
There again , you hold your hands open out the window where the police officer can see them.
A lot of drunk police officers - there again I have to ask for some form of back up to that statement .
And as for your other post , I believe the OP had proceeded that with "Dont reach into your pockets, of which you conveniently left out. Hmm...taking statements out of context. Where have I seen that before.

To the OP , one more. Never , ever go for an officer's weapon. At that point , you have already surrendered your life into the officer's hands and judgement

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join