It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two officers shot in San Diego Southcrest area.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   
This just happened and condition of the officers is not being reported as of yet.

SAN DIEGO (CBS 8) - The San Diego Police Department confirmed on Thursday night that two officers had been shot in the Southcrest area.

San Diego Police Department confirmed via Twitter they had one suspect in custody while actively searching for other possible suspects. Residents in the 3800 block of Boston Avenue were ordered to stay indoors and shelter in place.

The public was also urged to avoid the area.

Two San Diego Police officers shot, one killed, one person in custody
edit on 29/7/16 by JAK because: Link code corrected

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Someone flagged this and starred this without a working link? SMH

Here is a working link

NBC
edit on 29-7-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

The shooting, which happened at approximately 11 p.m. Thursday, prompted a shelter-in-place for the area surrounding the 3800 block of Boston Avenue, the San Diego Police Department (SDPD) officials confirmed.

There is no description given of who police are searching for.

Odd, the twitter post I am looking at is from a San Diego news anchor, it says 2:54 am, it is 2:18 am in San Diego right now.

It's half way down the page.

NOW: 2 San Diego Police officers shot. Search for shooter continues in Southcrest. Residents told shelter in place #Southcrest2:54 AM - 29 Jul 2016

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   
thank god its not life threatening gun shot wounds.

but this sounds like normal police/purp back and forth.
another shooting is happening as I type this...

of course they're going to play the angle which brings more click and viewed.
edit on 29-7-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
thank god its not life threatening gun shot wounds.

but this sounds like normal police/purp back and forth.
another shooting is happening as I type this...

of course they're going to play the angle which brings more click and viewed.

I don't think they played anything. It's probably similar to the article the OP found. Which I think was Yahoo and didn;t work.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Just heard one of the officers has died. Another sad day for the men in blue. Prayers for the family.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

Just heard one of the officers has died. Another sad day for the men in blue. Prayers for the family.

Yep, traffic stop but I heard the police calls and they said they didn't know where the shots are coming from.

So not too sure how it went down.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
It was a routine traffic stop according to Reuters. One officer was shot multiple times and died. One is undergoing surgery. Suspect has been apprehended.

Folks if you get pulled over at night turn your interior lights on, roll down your window, and place both hands on the steering wheel.. This cycle of violence will not have a happy ending so play your cards in an intelligent manner; eyes open stay safe.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
We shouldn't rush to judgement, here. We don't know what happened before the shooting occurred. Maybe those people were attempting to question those officers because they fit the description of perpetrators a few blocks away. Maybe the officers made threatening gestures or refused to follow the commands of the citizens. Maybe the citizens were in fear for their lives and just wanted to make it home to their families.

Until we get all the facts, these citizens should be put on administrative leave from their jobs while their co-workers perform a thorough investigation. Paid leave on the taxpayer's dime, of course.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Ok, so kill a cop to make it home safe.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

After conducting 100s of traffic stops... There is no "routine traffic stop" they can all turn to snip in a second..

Proud Member of LEAP-Law Enforcement Against Prohibition.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Neither officer's name was immediately released. Zimmerman said "our gang suppression team officers put their lives on the line every day to make sure that our citizens are safe in San Diego,'' she said.

From OP source. Gang related? I don't want to go to jail sorta thing?

top topics

join