It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any reason my IP would make ATS slow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I am trying to use ATS tonught and it is all but unusable because is it so slow, and has been so pretty much all day. Every other website I use is working fine so it is not my connection. I went to a site that allowed my to hide my IP and ATS is running fast as normal. Is there a reason why my IP would be causing a slow reaction just on ATS?

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I believe it can. I had a similar issue where my IP for some reason wouldn't let me on ATS and a few other sites. Try disconnecting your computer from the internet and reconnect. If that doesn't work try restarting your router.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

You're being monitored. Those IP masking sites are a hoax and should not be trusted.

What is happening now is that your data is being tracked by the website that claims to be "hiding" your IP. Ever single keystroke and webpage visited are reported back to headquarters and handed off to the proper authorities.

Just say no.

Harry

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Many of the Ddos attacks on ATS are from computers that are hijacked with a trojan that allows an external program to trigger ICMP and ACK network packets. Enough of these infected computers, directed at a site, can bring it to a standstill.

They are tough to find, however ;
Right click your Command Prompt and tell it to start in "administrator mode"
Then Type “netsh winsock reset”
(It will tell you that you have to reboot.)
; In case one of these has infected your stack.

If things improve, then MalwareBytes and/or SuperAntiSpyware to see if the main infector can be detected.
It is a troublesome thing, since they usually clean up after themselves after they get the stack.
It is also troubling that the stack is in non-paged pool. Hard to infect because of the check sums kept on the data structure.
edit on 28-7-2016 by charlyv because: content

edit on 28-7-2016 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Many reasons. All spelled out in more than a few threads if you just look for them...

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAmazingYeti

You're being monitored. Those IP masking sites are a hoax and should not be trusted.

What is happening now is that your data is being tracked by the website that claims to be "hiding" your IP. Ever single keystroke and webpage visited are reported back to headquarters and handed off to the proper authorities.

Just say no.

Harry

Remember to take your meds

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
...Is there a reason why my IP would be causing a slow reaction just on ATS?

No. ATS don't mess with IP address stuff - for example ATS don't IP ban, etc.
The cause might be either a slow route from your PC to the ATS server or ATS is (or was as it seem to be fine now) once again experiencing an attack, meaning it would be (have been) slow for every one.

A tracert is a good test to see if there is something slowing you down. Then there are several other tests like the Load Time test to see how your loadtime compares with other locations. If you've ruled out a network/route problem then you can ask around ATS (BBQ is a good place to look before asking) if it is slow for everyone. If not, then we can go from there.

How is it performing right now?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   

The site that "hides your IP" probably takes a different route to the ATS servers.

Your regular route direct through your ISP may have a bottleneck/heavy load somewhere in the chain.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
I am trying to use ATS tonught and it is all but unusable because is it so slow, and has been so pretty much all day. Every other website I use is working fine so it is not my connection. I went to a site that allowed my to hide my IP and ATS is running fast as normal. Is there a reason why my IP would be causing a slow reaction just on ATS?

ATS doesn't block IPs. As Supers, me and Gemwolf can ban accounts and yet we have no power to wave a magic wand over the IPs. There's no setting for any of us to block IPs. From the site's perspective, there's no rational reason to be blocking active members like yourself. It's counter-productive to block existing members and not worth the effort to block IPs from banned members.

Like Woogle says, it's probably the route taken by your ISP to get to ATS. My ISP directs me through Germany before crossing over to the USA and ATS. Chances are the servers over there were having problems and causing all the connection resets I was getting a while back. If it's not ATS and it's not your PC/tablet/laptop it'd have to be the way your ISP directs your traffic.

top topics

join