It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That last line is sure telling

page: 1

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Interesting fluff piece from The Economist
The Economist

It has a bit of everything...

Fear Mongering:

A world of wall-builders would be poorer and more dangerous. If Europe splits into squabbling pieces and America retreats into an isolationist crouch, less benign powers will fill the vacuum.

The author either stole this line from Hillary Clinton or she saw an early draft of the article and claimed it as her own. Either way, it's a ridiculous sentiment and needlessly dour conclusion. The reality is more likely to be one in which countries learn how to resolve their own issues instead of immediately crying for US intervention (while simultaneously criticising the US for being involved in everyone else's business.)

Lies:

The wall-builders have already done great damage. Britain seems to be heading for a recession, thanks to the prospect of Brexit.

Uh, in case people haven't been paying attention, the FTSE is BOOMING since the Brexit=DOOM crowd's inability to self-fulfill their doom and gloom prophecy came to fruit less than a week after the referrendum vote happened. Any retrenchment seen in their industries since the vote can easily be attributed to the continued crappiness of the oil market.

Unsubstantiated Claims

They must remind voters why NATO matters for America, why the EU matters for Europe, how free trade and openness to foreigners enrich societies, and why fighting terrorism effectively demands co-operation.

Here's an idea, try actually defining and enumerating these "enrichments" for a change, globalists! I can spend the rest of my life claiming dog turds are the most wonderful thing in the world everyday... at the end of my life the fact remains that my talking it up hasn't altered the fact that they're just nuggets of crap. I keep hearing about this magical fairytale world where open borders and free trade so enriches the USA... but nobody ever says how it does that or applies anything of value to the statement, making it little more than blowing smoke up the asses of the American voters.

Then the final line... the Truth of where the author is coming from:

The future of the liberal world order depends on whether she succeeds.

A-HA! "liberal world order"... Holy God if three words ever combined to bring more of a shiver down my spine, I've yet to read them. This is exactly why people who believe in their nation, people who believe in their nation's exceptionalism, and people who believe in themselves MUST do everything in their power to ensure Hillary Rodham Clinton does not succeed in November. Unless every American wants to go from being faceless schlubb 1 of 320 million to faceless global citizen 1 of 7.4 Billion, unless the American voter wants to cut their own nose off just to spite their face, unless the well being and prosperity of some nameless jackass in China matters more to you than your own family's prosperity and well being, the only solution is to block this globalist Hillary Clinton from EVER claiming the highest seat in the land.
edit on 28-7-2016 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Liberal now is synonymous with authoritarian.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Great post! Well stated. S/F

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Nice post. Brexit is'nt even a thing yet.

They are pushing on the news how everyone has changed their mind (as in the people) and because it was a close vote to begin with I think they will vote no in parliment. It is no secret the large majority of politicians are against it including the prime minister and they have the final say; The british peoples vote was, for all intents and purposes, worthless. The vote was no more effective than a poll.
edit on 28-7-2016 by WhatGoldStandard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I am tired of the US bring the worlds' policemen.We have enough problems at home to take care of.

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
What's wrong with a wall? The Chinese built a wall. It took them 1700 years and is over 5,000 miles long. And there are still no Mexicans in China!

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Good fences make better neighbors.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

and why fighting terrorism effectively demands co-operation

This is a bit amusing ( if it were not so serious ) ....NATO finally is
getting around to incorporating a cyber attack into the deal,
what in the world is their excuse for this?

www.nytimes.com...

And now because Heir Precious has been assailed, its all of the
sudden something that must be addressed?

www.zerohedge.com...

What could possibly make HRC the darling of the New World Order?

Hint hint - it is that Secretary Treasurer position she holds,
yes if the house is crooked, check The Foundation!

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
SOME folks JUST can't handle the law of the jungle so they construct this artificial crap as some kind of DEFENSE mechanism.
The JUNGLE is better for lots of reasons.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Nice!

And succeed, She must not. The Modern Liberal agenda as it's morphed into, has become a Cancer that must be prevented if we wish to live in a World without ranting snow flakes, hidden agendas, and division amongst peoples and ideas.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Fluff piece? Admission of guilt is more like it, disguised as something good!

Egads, "liberal world order"?!?!? *twitch* *cringe* *shudder*

That, ahem, person gets elected, it's got to be a sure sign f the end of the world. Already well on the way, since '08.

I wish I could believe that no one was stupid enough to actually vote for her.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

The agenda of both Hillary and whoever was supposed to win the Republican nomination (it wasn't Trump) is to subjugate the American people to a world order with authoritarian control.

We must unite to stop these madmen (and women).

edit on 2016/7/29 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Said it many times and will say it again. Progressivism is nothing more than Feudalism.

In order for the programs to work, a significant portion must work to fund and pay higher portions of their income via taxation to support the programs.

Meaning you must work for those that do not. Your labor must provide for those that scheme. Think I am talking about the poor? Guess again.

The Grasshopper and the Ant needs to become mandatory reading.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I do not believe I have ever seen a campaign filled with so many lies and half truths... and I can remember Ike on our black and white addressing the nation.

I think I worry more about voter fraud than the American people voting for a new liar and chief called Hillary. Can you believe how Bernie in spite of his treatment by the DNC is all on board now ... sickening isn't it..

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

So like a New World Order, but only cyrbaby Liberals in charge?

I wonder if there would be enough safe spaces for everyone if that was to happen?

But I am with you, those words should never, ever be mentioned in that order again. It would be worse than saying Betlejuice three times, or **gasp**, looking in the mirror and saying "Biggie Smalls" three times. (you just don't do things like that)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
What's wrong with a wall? The Chinese built a wall. It took them 1700 years and is over 5,000 miles long. And there are still no Mexicans in China!

That may be true, however if the U.S. built a wall on the border with Mexico, we'd be over-run with Mongolians.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Junkheap

your logic seems sound. I hadn't though of it that way.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

The future of the liberal world order depends on whether she succeeds.

Communism goes global.

They are the borg.

Lower your borders, and surrender your sovereignty. They will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to their own. Your culture will adapt to service them.

You must not resist!

The hive mind is truly frightening.

new topics

top topics

join