It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump left out of Google search for presidential candidates

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Just the fact that a mainstream internet asset is filtering any public information is troubling.
Can you legally suppress information that is in the public domain, if you own the equipment?

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Yes, they can. Private company.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: thesungod

Technical glitch, my eye!

This is intentional. The more they dislike him, the more I want to see him elected.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

It probably was a glitch. If this was actually a move against Trump they could accomplish the same thing without the controversy by putting him on the bottom of the list.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

It probably was a glitch. If this was actually a move against Trump they could accomplish the same thing without the controversy by putting him on the bottom of the list.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz
Would you even have entered this thread if it was about Gary Johnson?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
Just the fact that a mainstream internet asset is filtering any public information is troubling.
Can you legally suppress information that is in the public domain, if you own the equipment?

Yes. Google can do very nearly anything it wants. It's a private company. In theory, you can always get information elsewhere. We could have stopped their monopolistic power grab years ago but certain people (like Mike Pence ironically enough) argued that it would be wrong to put limitations on a private company.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
sounds like BS to me, google can find 1 million obscure links to mushroom farming in the himalayas but they can`t manage to list the 3 or 4 people running for U.S. president? horse#

One involves searching for terms, the other involves natural language processing. They are very different technologies.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: charlyv

Yes. Google can do very nearly anything it wants. It's a private company. In theory, you can always get information elsewhere. We could have stopped their monopolistic power grab years ago but certain people (like Mike Pence ironically enough) argued that it would be wrong to put limitations on a private company.

I was afraid that was the case. Wow, if only some common foresight ruled in this. A company that technically takes on the responsibility to let people openly communicate should not have the right to limit that information. Today, it is the same as AT&T,Verizon,T-Mobile,Sprint... deciding what you can say to each other. This is gonna come to a head soon.

I know it is like preaching to the choir, but it bothers me enough to just re-sound it out.

edit on 29-7-2016 by charlyv because: content

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Eventually something is going to happen with Google. They're trying to buddy up with politicians in order to stave it off but when it comes it will likely be the biggest corporate breakup of all time. I could see the same thing happening to Apple and Facebook some day as well.

They offer extremely broad services with near total monopolies. It wasn't really all that long ago when Microsoft was nearly broken up just for bundling a browser with an operating system. Look at what happens these days with cell phones, with browsers, with search engines in browsers, with searches. Somewhere along the way the ball was dropped for the sake of the free market and we created a tech oligarchy.

A similar thing happened on the hardware side with the consolidation of ISP's as we shifted from dialup to broadband.

The real problem I think is that no one knows how to legislate it. Everyone wants to stay out of the market for the most part and just use a light touch, but it's something that requires extensive legislation in order to be broad enough.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
When i google Trump i get approximately 444.000.000 results, 200.000.000 more than Hillary Clinton. That's pretty impressive for someone who is "ignored" by Google. The whining will never stop

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Eventually something is going to happen with Google. They're trying to buddy up with politicians in order to stave it off but when it comes it will likely be the biggest corporate breakup of all time. I could see the same thing happening to Apple and Facebook some day as well.

They offer extremely broad services with near total monopolies. It wasn't really all that long ago when Microsoft was nearly broken up just for bundling a browser with an operating system. Look at what happens these days with cell phones, with browsers, with search engines in browsers, with searches. Somewhere along the way the ball was dropped for the sake of the free market and we created a tech oligarchy.

A similar thing happened on the hardware side with the consolidation of ISP's as we shifted from dialup to broadband.

The real problem I think is that no one knows how to legislate it. Everyone wants to stay out of the market for the most part and just use a light touch, but it's something that requires extensive legislation in order to be broad enough.

+1 to this.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: Ohanka

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

some guy said that.

The media attack dogs are in full force right now. Even Fox News is attacking.

That should be reason enough for everyone who is sick of the establishment liars to get on the Trump train.

This hacking talking point is in full swing.

Those. Evil. Russians.
Trump. Loves. Putin.
Hacks. At. DNC. Come. From. Russia.
Trump. And. Putin. Must. Be. Responsible.
Red. Scare. OMG!!!
Assange. Is. Evil.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
SPAM removed by admin
edit on Jul 30th 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

why does google do this?

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MsAphrodite

use duck duck

top topics

<< 1   >>

join