It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama on the Economy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
President Obama addressed the DNC last night and praised his accomplishments on the economy.

According to him, everything is better and great for everybody.

But look at the facts and we see a different story....

Barack Obama, King Of Irrelevance, Tells A Whopper Of A Lie During Convention Speech

There are lies, and then there are Obama lies, and last night, Barack Obama put his penchant for historical revisionism on full display, condemning those who would judge him too harshly and using referencing himself and his “achievement” over a hundred times.

And then he said this:

“The economy is better off by almost every economic measure.”

Time to light the cigars !!!

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
The economy is better for most people then it was 8 years ago. Overall. It just is.

He may have had nothing to do with it or it was just luck and yes I know some people are still hurting, but overall the country is in much better shape.

So...

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Except for the 24 million new food stamp people.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

But we're looking at overall. All presidents since the beginning of time have had issues during their presidency. It would appear that you are parroting propaganda rather then looking for truth. You can get lost in the details and miss the big picture.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Obama is so emotionally delusional it's scary... He's just mad his time is almost up and it's not all about him anymore.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
The economy is WONDERFUL! The global travel, hotel, and resort business is booming. But the citizens who live in a certain country led by Obama, are barely participating in the "good life".

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
The economy is WONDERFUL! The global travel, hotel, and resort business is booming. But the citizens who live in a certain country led by Obama, are barely participating in the "good life".

Me my friends and family, my coworkers, my clients my neighbors. We're all living the good life and we live in the US under Obama. Um... please elaborate.
Maybe he runs a different country too? I'll have to research that! LOL
edit on 28-7-2016 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

Me my friends and family, my coworkers, my clients my neighbors. We're all living the good life and we live in the US under Obama. Um... please elaborate.

Then you are the few I was referring to. Congratulations!

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Then you are the few I was referring to. Congratulations!

Except that's not quite true, because I have family all over the United states and friends all over the United States from all walks of life and they're all doing well. Maybe it's just that YOU live in an impoverished area and think that represents the entire country? There's no few of us, there are a lot of us doing well.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
what shape was the economy in when he took the job ?

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest

Really, Really bad shape. It was one of the biggest world wide recessions ever and our large unchecked corporations in the USA, stole billions from people.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

well, 46 million live below the poverty line, so half of them don't receive them.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

But we're looking at overall. All presidents since the beginning of time have had issues during their presidency. It would appear that you are parroting propaganda rather then looking for truth. You can get lost in the details and miss the big picture.

Yea, all that is happening is the bubble is expanding again. Someday it will pop again. It doesn't really matter what party is in the oval office it is just how the economy is setup. Whatever party is in charge gets praised when the bubble is inflating and whatever party is in charge when the bubble pops gets thrown under the bus.

It is really party neutral. They can add or remove taxes but those changes are so minuscule to the over all economy it really doesn't change much.

EDIT: Also I am doing quite well myself as is most people I know. My company has doubled in size the last two years and is expanding to double in size again the next two years. The one's that are not never were even when the economy was stellar.
edit on 28-7-2016 by Orionx2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-7-2016 by Orionx2 because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Right now we're at 19.4 trillion in debt not 16.4.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest

Really, Really bad shape. It was one of the biggest world wide recessions ever and our large unchecked corporations in the USA, stole billions from people.

Which Obama supported. Via bailouts.

The numbers always look better when you control who's reporting them.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Yeah, he's doing a wonderful job.

Homicides have dropped 13 percent, but gun sales have surged.
The economy has added more than 9 million jobs, and the jobless rate has dropped to below the historical median.
The number of long-term unemployed Americans has dropped by 614,000 under Obama, but it is still 761,000 higher than at the start of the Great Recession.
Corporate profits are up 166 percent; real weekly wages are up 3.4 percent.
There are 15 million fewer people who lack health insurance.
Wind and solar power have nearly tripled, and now account for more than 5 percent of U.S. electricity.
The federal debt has more than doubled — rising 116 percent — and big annual deficits have continued.

More guns, less crime. But, I'm sure the Liberals will never make the connection.

Corporate profit is soaring...and the little guy still don't make sh**.

If you think that clean energy number is great, remember this :

www.washingtontimes.com...

Taxpayers are on the hook for more than $2.2 billion in expected costs from the federal government’s energy loan guarantee programs, according to a new audit Monday that suggests the controversial projects may not pay for themselves, as officials had promised.

Obamacare was a good thing, you say? Mmm...not so much.

www.thefiscaltimes.com...

id rising drug and health care costs and roiling market dynamics, the spokesperson for the nation’s health insurers is predicting substantial increases next year in Obamacare premiums and related costs.

He's doing great!

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Wow...I did'nt realise we was doing so well, Better go loan some of that monopoly money the banks give out and buy a skyscraper.

Real Eyes
Realise
Real Lies

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
How do you tell a bunch of struggling people they are doing fine and get them to believe it?

That is the stuff of the antichrist.

Oh, did I mention that the literal translation in ancient Greek of "sotero" is "savior"?

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

NO we all suck out here,BUT HEY I'm happy YOU are good.
NICE to see 1 little guy who won, I say.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

OH some JERK stole all the money for his sh#t...see a pattern?
THE ONLY difference is ONE side can't keep secrets at ALL and the other are MASTERS of it,when it counts.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join