It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

couple different topics here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
First off, should we REALLY be a global society. It seems like ever since we, and when I say we, I mean our "leaders", joined the UN and started being friendly with all the other countries in the world that utilize the central banking system, it seems as though we have went down hill fast. In my humble opinion, the U.S. (the country NOT the corporation) would be a lot better off minding it's own business and not nation building as seems to be the case all to often.
Am I the only one that feels like this or, are there other patriot types out there as well wondering WTF happened???

Also, what happened to the old ATS?!?!

I am ok with the new "dressed up" web site but, it seems as though it's not heading in the same direction as the old site was. Specifically what I mean is that back in the day, before the site had all the flash based stuff on it, it seemed like there was a larger support of investigating and getting answers about UFO's and extra terrestrials and the like. Now, it seems as though the site is more an "any thing goes" type of place where there is no one specific topic that is being furthered but, anything that anyone wants to talk about from kittens to computers is open game.. WTF happened???

Feel free to post up your insight to either topic and please also feel free to explain your position.

Thanks,
TS

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: truthseekr

i think we all came here because we had questions about the unknown. its weird to think that 15 years ago i discovered this site researching the dulce underground base.

imo, all the topics have been covered over and over. from phil schneider to bob lazar, from stanton friedman to tom delonge. from roswell to rendelsham. all of the stories have been told. the only stories are here and now...

ATS is now my goto when i heard something happened, or is happening. i loved watching the comey conference and following along on ATS comments. same with loretta lynchs testimony.

ATS is no longer about what has happened, but what is happening.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: nobunaga

i think we all came here because we had questions about the unknown. its weird to think that 15 years ago i discovered this site researching the dulce underground base.

imo, all the topics have been covered over and over. from phil schneider to bob lazar, from stanton friedman to tom delonge. from roswell to rendelsham. all of the stories have been told. the only stories are here and now...

ATS is now my goto when i heard something happened, or is happening. i loved watching the comey conference and following along on ATS comments. same with loretta lynchs testimony.

ATS is no longer about what has happened, but what is happening.

I can appreciate your comment as I can remember this place 15 years ago as well and it was a lot different. However, one would think that if we collectively have been doing this for 15 years, or more, why are we still doing it?? Shouldn't we have "proof" by now that ET beings are real and have been visiting earth for many decades in addition to communicating with them face to face?? I mean, what's it going to take for us, as a collective consciousness on this planet to actually move forward and take a stand in saying in one voice NO MORE so that we can really see the reality as it's meant to be seen.

I guess maybe I am one of the few that think we should be much farther than we are currently. Especially considering that we have sites like ATS at our command.

At any rate, thanks for the comment... maybe one day the rest of the world will catch up to my way of thinking.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

It's the Power Trippers at the top who want this. It's like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

I think the UN needs to Die as well. The last thing this World needs is Saudi Arabia the greatest Human Rights Violator of all time in charge. Now its my turn to say WTF?

The Old ATS has changed, due to so many new and young thinkers who've come on board. It's expanded much since 2004,
i remember it being so much different as well.

The entire world has changed though. Nothing remains the same.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

The crucial thing about your approach here, is that it ignores the fact that it is perfectly possible to be friendly with other nations, without nation building. The fact that America seems incapable, no matter which party is in power, no matter which ideology APPEARS to be in control, of leaving people elsewhere alone when they are not actually responsible for a slight against, leave alone posing a genuine threat to the existence of America, suggests that the issue is rather deeper than membership of the UN.

And, let's be absolutely clear here, the UN have not been complicit in Americas every action on the world stage, far from it. In fact, there was quite an awful lot of rather serious bother about that over the Iraq invasion as I recall.

What needs to happen, is that the western world needs to stop making profit from war, and from other countries and their labour forces, and start making money off its own resources instead. It's not as if states in the west could not do a much better job of that, and it certainly is not as if the best solution to running out of resources, or paying more for them than we would like, is to blow some other poor git off the map. Take drugs for example, the legal ones that your hospitals and pharmacies dispense to the people. It is fair to say that these drugs, even very simple compounds, cost WAY more than they need to in order that the chemists, and production line staff, and distribution staff, and so on, get paid for their efforts in bringing those things to market.

The cost is not in the raw material, or even legitimately in the research and development. The cost is in boardrooms, in the intangible and largely irrelevant persons who do the work that did not need doing. The shuffling of paper, the very important people who justify artificially inflating the prices of these items... That is where the cost of resources really comes from in most cases.

So the issue really is, when will the west continue its healthy friendships with the worlds other nations and blocs, without engaging in what amounts to robbing others, because it's own institutions and companies cannot be trusted to be fair about the prices asked for various items, many of which are absolutely necessary for life for people in the countries effected? After all, if a family behaved this way, then it would rightly get crapped on.

Go to work? Nope, my son just stole our gas money, so I need to go and rob a liquor store to cover the cost!

You see how idiotic and self consuming that is? It's the same thing but on a much larger scale.

As for ATS:

The UFO forum has died a death lately, but that has more to do with trends that effected it when it was one of the busiest forums going on this site, than it does with what is happening now, or even the influx of new, politically focused members.

The simple fact of the matter is this. The only threads I ever saw in the UFO forum, could be broken down into one of several categories.

1) New thread, old incident or incidents, no new data.

2) New thread, with new data about old incidents.

3) Textually recounted sightings, often unsubstantiated by any supporting data, and with defensive and aggravated OP.

4) Textually recounted sightings, supported by other data, but explained by celestial events.

5) One thousand variations on the theme of "a giant bastard of a hoax", of varying degrees of quality.

6) The pixelated, but otherwise entirely earthly object thread.

7) Thousands of threads about someone being an alien, hybrid, or having knowledge of the intricate workings of the political structure of the cosmos.

At no time that I can recall, was a decent, modern, and utterly unexplainable event recorded there. Even the Phoenix Lights were old hat by the time I joined, and it was one of the most discussed subjects for a while. Now, do not mistake my impatience with that as an inability to engage with historical data. What I am trying to get across, is that even when I first joined, although I was gobbling up all the data I could at the time in absolute fascination and noob like joy on the subject of UFO, there came a point where there was only so much a new thread could do on a given topic, other than to bump it essentially, which is fine, but it served little other purpose.

When you consider that there are really only so many times that one mind can read the same data in a different format, before loosing the will to switch on in the morning, I think that between the CONSTANT hoaxing and the repetitive nature of the informational threads, combined with the changing face of conspiracy in the wider world, the slow down in the UFO forum was inevitable. It's sad, because I for one believe that life on other worlds is something which does exist, but that we have yet to discover for certain. I would love for the UFO and Aliens forum to be active when that effort finally reaches its pinnacle, but if there is no new data worth a damn, and all anyone has to offer is some passable science fiction, then things will not improve in that forum much in the meantime.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Actually? We've gotten better. More informed. More straightforward, more educated and more members. Thats the key. When a site can moderate, regulate, inform, deny, instruct, assimilate, educate, clarify and deny...its a good thing. Not many sites do that.

We grow. We live and learn, pass it on, discuss it.. If ATS has changed any...its for the better. Better for participation, better for integration of like topics, better for opinions-right or wrong...and the points of reference to make one's assumptions clear.

This is the place for getting an answer by those who care enough to read a thread, analyze it, break it down to the lowest common denominator...where one can believe what one wants...and is provided all the discussion as to why they should...or should not...believe and/or support the opinions and topics they do, or do not.

ATS is one of a kind. If its not for some...there are other sites...to inform, to update, to grow bigger, better, stronger, more diversified and to stimulate relevant...even not so relevant discussion...is why this site exists in the 1st place.

We all grow. So does ATS....and yet still? It may not be for everyone. But to grow and change is natural...

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Thanks guys for all the pertinent and topic focused comments. I appreciate them all.

@awareness10, I totally get what you are talking about with the slow motion train wreck statement. I, it seems along with you, are beyond ready for the "cabal" to totally loose their power or, the banking system completely crash, for real, or SOMETHING happen. I appreciate your input.

@TrueBrit, I can also appreciate your statements about how the world really is, including ATS and how everything changes. Specifically, I can appreciate your focus on the UFO forums and how they are not as active as they once were. Thanks for your input.

@mysterioustranger, I can as well appreciate your insight in how everything changes. I get that. As is the case with life in general. Everything evolves, morphs, and emerges when it's ready to be something new. However, I believe Brit touched on the point I was trying to make with the "death" of the UFO forum and how it is not the same any more. At any rate, thanks for your comments.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
You come here to make your first thread about a political topic (world unity/government), place it in an off topic forum, then wonder why no one is posting UFO topics?

Your answer is all contained right there.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
You come here to make your first thread about a political topic (world unity/government), place it in an off topic forum, then wonder why no one is posting UFO topics?

Your answer is all contained right there.

Your missing the point of this post completely in addition to this not having anything to do with "politics" at all. It's about #truth and #reality. Two concepts politics don't have any idea about.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

You are applying a No Real Scotsman fallacy here.

Just because its not meeting your definition of "politics" doesn't mean that it doesn't meet the generally agreed upon consensus of what "politics" is.

And im not missing the point. ATS is 100% user generated content. Want a new UFO thread....write one.
Drop a link here and Ill read it.

FWIW, the hashtag thing doesn't really work here.

top topics

join