It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fantastic Four movie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The Trailer for the Fantastic Four movie is out on the web.
View Trailer

I gotta say it looks better than I thought it would

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I don't know. I'm just not very positive about this Fantastic Four movie at all. I believe they've based it more on the Ultimate Comics and I'm not particularly a huge fan of that line. I'm more of a traditionalist.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   
It defiantly resembles Ultimate Fantastic Four. Reed and Sue look very young. Jessica Alba as the Invisible Woman? That defiantly does not fit into the regular FF comics. I really like the casting call for Michael Chiklis as Ben Grimm. I read in a interview that when he first met Avi Arad, Chiklis introduced himself as Ben Grimm. He had that part locked long before the movie was given the go ahead.
I consider myself a traditionalist as well, but I can't deny the fact that the Ultimate line is out selling the regular continuity Marvel Comics. The Spiderman and X-Men movies were far more closer to the Ultimate books. I can see why Marvel decided to take Fantastic Four down the same route.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I think Chikless was perfect for Ben Grimm. It's just unfortunate that this film might not live up to alot of comic fan expectations though.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
USATODAY has a article up about the new Fantastic Four movie.

www.usatoday.com...

The release day for the Movie was moved from July 4th so it would not compete with Tom Cruise's War of the Worlds. That was probably a good idea

I always hope a comic movie does well, just so they keep making them

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Here is the poster that they are using now for the movie.

Looks a bit better than the one they were using. The FX added shows more of what the FF are about.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Oh!

This is not the abandoned Fantastic Four of a few years ago, for which a trailer has played at various Incredibly Strange Film Festivals... that one made the live action 'Thunderbirds' look good.

Too many super heroes spoil the gene pool.

[edit on 14-3-2005 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Ha hah, you mean this one?

It's funny, I actually prefer the looks of this Thing more than the new one. Well... not the rubbery rock skin but the over all look.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Here is another new poster.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I might be seeing this movie tommorow night. If I do I will be sure to review it here.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Well I didn't get to go to the movie after all. I coulnd't get a baby sitter.
No biggie, I've read several bad reviews for the movie.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
well I went to see the fantastic four the other thinking it's gonna be good. well I was wrong it sucked, it isn't as bad as the hulk movie but it's still pretty bad. most of the mvoie consists of them learning how to use there powers until the very end where your treated to a short fight seen between doom. and get this doom doesn't wear armor in the movie his skin just turns metalic and he gets the ability to shoot electricity plus he doesn't talk in 3rd person like in the comics. in short don't waste your money go see war of the worlds or batman begins instead of this piece of garbage.

new topics

top topics

join