It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After backlash, Trump was being "sarcastic" when he encouraged Russia to subvert our govt.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I have NO desire to be a Billionare. Way too much stress and too much horsecrap from the pleebs.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
i dont think trump can do or say any wrong at this point.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
a reply to: gladtobehere

Seemed sarcastic to me.

Factions of modern society can no longer tell sarcasm or jokes.

who's laughing?......would you walk into a Klan rally, and start telling white men "jokes" about black men having sex with their wives?...and then say to them, "hey, I was only joking"...it's all about the context, and having situational awareness.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

and the more he does it and gets away with it, the more emboldened he becomes

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: gladtobehere
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Do you really believe that Trump's pro-Russian bias is simply because they are a "good country" and NOT because they own him?

Trump's in this for legacy building. He's the man who has it all, except the legacy in the highest office in the country. To build that legacy, he'll be looking to be "the best" in the big chair... that's policies, that's leadership, and that's changes that will be meaningful after he leaves the office.

This ^^^^ is what I've been saying all along. That's the only valid reason I can think of that Trump would put himself through this circus. He doesn't need the money, he doesn't need the fame.... It's his legacy that he is thinking about at this moment in his life. I think you hit the nail on the head.

As for what he said? Sarcasm was dripping from it. That and the fact that had it not been for "hackers" we certainly would not have known anything about the shadiness going on in the DNC. It's not like our own government is stepping up to give us this "transparency". It's a damn shame the American people have to watch as outside sources expose some truth all while our inside sources are busy writing their next apology for the next doc drop.

We should be less mad about where the leaks are coming from and more angry at what is being leaked.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Then, if that's true - why are you such a hater? Why do you refuse to even entertain the idea of people having a "basic income" - or "food stamps" ---- money that goes right directly immediately back into the economy????

See, if everyone has some money to spend, then they will spend money.
I just seriously don't see what your big fat problem is about that.

It isn't going to affect you, man! Unless you're a billionaire with off-shore hordes.....

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Just goes to show he's a liar just like the rest of em.
It also shows what a dangerous mistake it would be to vote this man into the White house.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Typical, we all just didn't understand what trump was REALLY saying...
It is the same back peddle everytime.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Don't care. The US Government interferes with other countries all the time, a little payback would be funny. We have our Government snooping on everyone but when it matters they can't find or produce anything that does not fit the current regimes agenda. If Putin does release the missing emails it will embarrass the POTUS and his various departments plus maybe be as revealing to our so called allies as the cables were.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Why ask this silly question, trump is a genius, he is the best thing since sliced bread, whatever he says or does is always ok and he will save the world from the evil muslim communist abortion lovers.

Thanks for the laughs trump fans, don't stop you still have till November to tell us how wrong we are lol.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
A summary of the 2016 US election cycle for the last 2 years:

The Trump: "Some of this, some of that, plenty of this, and a yuge amount of that."

The Public: "OMG !! We can't believe he actually said that !!"

The Trump: "I didn't mean it like that, I was only joking."

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
Anyone could see that he was being sarcastic from the first time it was mentioned.

Russia hacked the server, but it was not Russia who leaked the emails, per Assange.
It is seeming like it was a whistle blower.
And the DNC is trying to blame the Russians and Trump just to deflect from the fact that one of their own got a conscience.

I started a thread a little while back on Russia hacking 20K Hillary emails.

What was the ATS response? To put it in the HOAX bin.

Yet now that Trump makes a sarcastic comment about Russia hacking Hillary's emails, there's suddenly truth to it? Suddenly Russia actually did hack her email and has the capability to hack more?

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Then, if that's true - why are you such a hater? Why do you refuse to even entertain the idea of people having a "basic income" - or "food stamps" ---- money that goes right directly immediately back into the economy????

BECAUSE I'M STILL ONE THE PEOPLE PAYING FOR IT!!!!

I honestly do not understand why the concepts of supply and demand are so damned difficult for the welfare worshipers to grasp. Let's say person A works at McDonalds, person B works as an office manager, and person C is fully on the dole. Person A is making minimum wage, person B is enjoying a solidly middle class job where they are salaried, and person C lives off the bloodsweattears of those of us actually being productive. The minimum wage is suddenly doubled and welfare is increased to provide a living handout (I refuse to call that SNIP 'wages' because wages are WORKED for, not stolen or begged.) Guess what? Person B isn't seeing their wages doubled and likely won't see anything beyond the basic year end increase for COL, so they are now directly competing for supply with Person A and Person C, whose windfalls will put more pressure on supply, increasing demand, which ultimately increases prices.

Oh, that's f'n brilliant! Bend the middle class over a barrel, taking more from their paychecks to subsidize welfare, drive up the prices of all their consumables and housing, and drive up the prices of low end crap they may have to turn to to cover the increases in minimum wage.

You wanna know why I think eating the rich is horsecrap, Buzzy? It's an easy concept, really. Once the rich are consumed and gone, the next ones on the menu will be the upper middle class. Once the unwashed masses are done feasting on those carcasses, they'll turn to the middle class and by God I've worked too hard to provide meals for my own family to just lay down on the table and allow a bunch of lazy asses who haven't put in the effort needed to better themselves and actually EARN their way to feed off of the product of my work. I'd sooner watch the whole damn world burn.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
Trump is a bloviating narcissist with very few brains. Of course he wasn't being sarcastic. That would require him to be able to have rational thoughts.

Therein lies the danger. Time and again, Trump has blurted out things that any normal person would self censor. It is this tendency that makes him a major security risk. If one of our allies' leaders makes a disparaging comment about him, he might blurt out an insult that reveals that we have been spying on them! I think we can agree that a presidential candidate should receive an in depth security check before being briefed. If all of his ties to Russia are innocent he should have nothing to worry about.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Trump said that he could stand on a street corner and shoot people and people would still support him. He was right. He could boast about committing treason and people would cheer him.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

and the more he does it and gets away with it, the more emboldened he becomes

Reminds me of someone. Can't put my finger on it.... ah forget it...."at this point, what difference does it make?"

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
and "ban muslims" was just a suggestion

the sad thing is he keeps doing it and we keep falling for it

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
Trump is a bloviating narcissist with very few brains. Of course he wasn't being sarcastic. That would require him to be able to have rational thoughts.

Therein lies the danger. Time and again, Trump has blurted out things that any normal person would self censor. It is this tendency that makes him a major security risk. If one of our allies' leaders makes a disparaging comment about him, he might blurt out an insult that reveals that we have been spying on them! I think we can agree that a presidential candidate should receive an in depth security check before being briefed. If all of his ties to Russia are innocent he should have nothing to worry about.

When the words of a business man scare you more than the actions of a lifelong politician, thoughts need to be evaluated.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Everyone knew it was a joke, the thing is how many "jokes" is this clown going to make? It wasn't a joke he meant it now he's doubling back on his words like always.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

When the words of a business man scare you more than the actions of a lifelong politician, thoughts need to be evaluated.

He was a terrible businessman and he is now running for the most powerful office on Earth. His "sarcasm" in the future could kill millions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join